Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:00:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690713
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tutorial: Painting & Basing 2mm Napoleonics For Portable (Blücher) Wargaming  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Leftblank

• Librarian
    • Amsterdam6shooters wargame club
For portable Napoleonic big (Blücher) battles I bought 2mm Irregular miniatures and researched how to paint & base them. Unhappy with a standard functional approach I amalgamated different ideas and techniques and finally wrote my own tutorial, for more aestethic bases. Painting 2mm is NOT difficult or microscopic. But you should bigbase this scale and make units/bases easily recognisable.
(more in the link)
https://amsterdamwar.game.blog/2020/12/13/tutorial-painting-basing-2mm-napoleonics-for-portable-blucher-wargaming/

Offline nikharwood

• Librarian
Nicely done! And thanks for including some of my 2mm stuff in there - there's more of my 2mm stuff on my old wiki - linked here:

http://nikharwood.pbworks.com/w/page/7825407/2mm%20Gaming%20

Also - great job on the reformatting of the 2x2 Rules - they're a favourite of mine (alongside Blucher) and you've made them look really good :)

Offline Leftblank

• Librarian
I'll add the link to my blog, Nik. tnx for the compliments.

Offline nikharwood

• Librarian
Cool - I really need to play more...

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
    • War In A Box - New Location!
Great painting advice that I can only echo.  For my 2mm mega-projecy, I used a universal 1-inch bases and plugged in strips to fit. That gives me some added flexibility.  At times it can feel more like a 28-mil scale game, just with hordes instead of individuals on each base.  Wish I'da thought about varying the base colors for better contrast.  That's gold right there.

Got an army shot of my French hordes below.

Offline Leftblank

• Librarian
The scale is addictive indeed. I bought an extra set for even bigger battles while I haven't even played a small battle yet.

Offline FlyXwire

• Scientist
Great 2mm resource and pics here guys, and have saved ya'll to my 2mm favs, TY!

Dave

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
Got some more photos up over the break.

A selection of towns and stuff from Irregular:

Odds and ends from PicoArmor.  I think these might be 3mm, but at this scale they work just fine.

Offline Leftblank

• Librarian
Jut to be helpful: a certain Donis Lopatka published a step-by-step-2mm tutorial on Facebook. Different from mine, but useful. I archived his pictures on my blog space.
https://amsterdamwar.game.blog/2021/04/07/2mm-painting-the-donis-lopatka-tutorial/

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
Jut to be helpful: a certain Donis Lopatka published a step-by-step-2mm tutorial on Facebook. Different from mine, but useful. I archived his pictures on my blog space.

Thanks for doing this for those of us who aren't on the Facebook.  Some really great shots in there that I would have missed out on.  You are a prince among men.

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
Just the resources I needed when starting out on my own 2mm project. Thank you everyone! Bookmarking and reading everything as we speak!

Offline Gunner who?

• Bookworm
Not my scale, but it is always a pleasure to read about fellas so devoted to the hobby - a very nice read, thank you very much. The recommended blog is phantastic!

Cheers Fedja