Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:35:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ninja-star slingin' panzees (Nurgle vs. Eldar!)  (Read 57196 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Ninja-star slingin' panzees (Nurgle vs. Eldar!)
« Reply #420 on: May 28, 2019, 07:58:36 AM »
It'd be a far easier task if you stuck to actual 2nd edition rules, as you could get away with 40 minis or so.  I transitioned to 8th which is far more intensive and has a lot more unit options.  I do need to do some army pics - my last ones were in August...and they armies have grown substantially.

I'm sure I'll quit 40K again at some point and revert to 2nd edition or make up my own skirmish version of 40K, but I think I'll keep these armies around for a bit.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #421 on: May 28, 2019, 08:32:03 AM »
Nice work. I especially like the non traditional helmets (it made me think of Minions).

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #422 on: October 26, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »
Gotta love when you post up on your own thread and it says "no activity in 120+ days!" :D

Well, I've rapidly fallen out of love with 40K and been playing it less and less (the game is kind of going off the rails!).  However, I still plan to play occasionally, and if not...will revert to 2nd edition.  So with that goal I've been knocking out some terrain for 40K and/or random future games of the sci-fi variety.  Also hills, because hills.

So I whipped up a bunch of additional 2" upholstery foam hills, and some more trees which let me put together a much greener 40K table (a nice change of scenery, literally)

Played a few games the other week while out of town.  I can still stand the game in small doses with the right opponent.

Also finally got my hands on the Micro Arts Studios hard foam crate piles.  Went for a "cheating" paint scheme, but they turned out okay.  May eventually go back and touch up a few barrels or add more grime/rust/maybe some light foliage to help with the idea that the heaps have been rusting for hundreds of years.

No models as I haven't touched a 40K model with a paintbrush in...a long time. I still have a bunch of random ones I might paint for fun in the future, but the army builds have more or less ground to a halt.  At the right time too, as GW have sadly been skyrocketing prices - so the timing was perfect! :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #423 on: December 09, 2020, 08:17:54 PM »
(blows dust off)

Well...as I foretold only a year and a half ago, I lost interest in 40K in a big way.  8th edition just...became more and more obnoxious and I stopped playing.  Why play a game when you realize you're not having any fun doing it? 

Sadly this left me with two very large 40K armies and several tables worth of terrain...and nothing to do with them.

I reverted back to my 2nd edition projects, having revamped the blog and started a co-op gaming campaign against Tyranids.  Man...2nd edition is way more exciting then I remember.  I know I had nostalgia for it because of the smaller armies and Jes Goodwin minis, but it produces a far more enjoyable experience thus far.

To this extent, I started reading around in my Chaos Codex (best book they ever released, I think) and stumbled into the Chaos Cultist army list.  Lo and behold, Chaos Beastmen.  I had purchased a dozen of these from the Blackstone Fortress game and hadn't put paint to them because 40K was disappointing me so badly.  Now, I had an excuse.  Sorry for the crap picture, but Chaos Beastmen are here - equipped with actual weapons since they could do that in 2nd edition.

I don't know that I'll populate this thread with too much more in the way of miniatures - unless 2nd lights a small fire for me to add some models - maybe a tiny Inquisitional party?

A picture from our first 2nd edition game in a long time:

Our campaign thus far centers around Eldar Pirates teaming up with Dark Angels to get the word out on a Tyranid Hive Fleet attack...we barely won game 1, and brutally lost game 2.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #424 on: February 21, 2021, 04:31:19 AM »
Lovely stuff. Second edition did have a great element of fun - even when (as teenagers) my brother and I would scream at each other about rules disagreements.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen