Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:51:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Soviet Naval Infantry, Cold War (video)  (Read 1757 times)

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Soviet Naval Infantry, Cold War (video)
« on: January 10, 2021, 12:11:07 PM »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Soviet Naval Infantry, Cold War (video)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 12:21:37 PM »
Fun video and with nice synth sound track.  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 10:43:05 AM »
Thanks for sharing, great video It would be nice if someone made 28mm minis for these guys. Long been at the top of my want list.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 12:03:01 PM »
I am not closely involved with the Cold War period, so I don’t know which figures are available. But if there figures VDV (paratroopers), it can be done without complex conversion (remove buttons and change the position of the pockets of the jacket).
In addition, assault units with camouflage suits will only differ in the color of the beret and belts.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 01:20:02 AM »
Nice video, thanks for sharing that.

I must say it’s always amusing to note the peculiar national traits that occur in these sorts of things. Just as the Chinese PLA in the nineteen-sixties and seventies seemed obsessed with footage and still photos of soldiers firing weapons while swimming (a largely impractical,if not dangerous, ‘skill’) the Soviet Army and in this case Navy seem similarly obsessed with jumping through flaming hoops, hurdles, windows and other orifices. God knows how many photos and films exist of Soviet troops performing circus tricks.

The new Under Fire Soviets in camouflage suits are good for Naval infantry and indeed you can have them do double service as VDV or just common or garden motor riflemen. Empress make a suitable PT-76 and T-55 in 1/50. Tamiyado a superb T-55 and Mikro Mir the BTR-60 PB in 1/48. Star do a couple of decal sets in 1/48 for the T-55, at least one of which features the naval infantry insignia. No excuse not to do naval infantry in 28mm. ;)
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 01:29:02 AM »
Nice video, thanks for sharing that.

I must say it’s always amusing to note the peculiar national traits that occur in these sorts of things. Just as the Chinese PLA in the nineteen-sixties and seventies seemed obsessed with footage and still photos of soldiers firing weapons while swimming (a largely impractical,if not dangerous, ‘skill’) the Soviet Army and in this case Navy seem similarly obsessed with jumping through flaming hoops, hurdles, windows and other orifices. God knows how many photos and films exist of Soviet troops performing circus tricks.

The new Under Fire Soviets in camouflage suits are good for Naval infantry and indeed you can have them do double service as VDV or just common or garden motor riflemen. Empress make a suitable PT-76 and T-55 in 1/50. Tamiyado a superb T-55 and Mikro Mir the BTR-60 PB in 1/48. Star do a couple of decal sets in 1/48 for the T-55, at least one of which features the naval infantry insignia. No excuse not to do naval infantry in 28mm. ;)
You beat me too it Carlos, was about to say the same. And I believe Empress was threating to make some Sovite Paras as well... Some time this year.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 02:48:18 AM »
I would rather speak not about national traits, but about the emergence of peculiar "cliches" among filmmakers  ;) If someone made a good picture, it is always tempted to repeat it.

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 02:47:17 PM »
I would like to build two battalions of these for my invasion of Sweden Cold War game, possibly will use Elheim or Wartime figures for them in 20mm.

Cheers
Matt