Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 'Hej' from Denmark  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Sp0n

• Assistant
'Hej' from Denmark
« on: September 09, 2009, 08:02:56 PM »
Been lurking (and made a few posts) over the last couple of months, so it's probably about time that I introduced myself. My name is Jesper, 26, with an understanding girlfriend (even painted a couple of gobbos at some point) and son who doesn't really understand anything yet...
Been playing with all sorts of stuff from the Unmentionable Company for ~15 years, but recently took interest in 'alternative' figures because of a small, but very active group on my regular wargaming/modelling forum.
My first alternative purchase is a surprise bag from Northstar Figures - Thought it would be a nice way to get a feel for some different eras and a somewhat different sculpting/scale. Will post pictures soon :)

former user

Re: 'Hej' from Denmark
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:57:42 PM »
hej Jesper
guess it's a little bit unappropriate for me to answer first, cause I' m not that long time regular as others, but courtesy first

Hello, welcome
nice you found the way -
I have some Give Wallet minis myself, but I guess most of the people here would regard THOSE as "alternative"  :)
as opposed to many other producing companies with different styles and topics and not only 3 rulesets and backgrounds, though tons of miniatures

but obviously you recognized the advantages of a broader horizon (as I did too  :))
and found the right place for it

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:28:24 AM »
At least you've found an understanding greater counterpart. My lady-friend thinks miniatures are geeky, and that I'm weird... But let's not delve into the grime clinging to the bottom of that pot. Welcome aboard! It certainly is nice to branch out into different things, even if it means more genres to get sucked into and more moonies to pass around. ;)
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Sp0n

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 05:51:14 AM »
Being two students with a child, there's no extra money to spend, but I think I'll buy some more of those surprise bags from Northstar Figures, when I've finished the first bag...

former user

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 06:19:08 AM »
oh, I'm sorry to hear that

is there no financial support for students with children?
we do have that here in GE

Offline Sp0n

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 07:24:33 AM »
Students in Denmark are actually quite lucky - We're just stuck in an expensive apartment, due to the horrible housing market in Denmark atm. When I get my bachelor in 9 months, the lead mountain will grow once again...

former user

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 07:44:55 AM »
Good

I know this problem
wherever there is a university, the rents rise astronomically because the owner profit of the high demand...
time to use some rope and street lanterns...... >:(