Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:22:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 728
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Modern Russians update new recruits  (Read 11261 times)

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
Modern Russians update new recruits
« on: September 10, 2009, 11:58:04 PM »
Greetings LAFers,
I had hoped to post pictures of my growing HLBSco modern russian figures and vehicles , but I am A. not  computer literate B. Maybe just not reading the instructions right form the forum info and stickies or C. just despised by the nasty computer gods of the cog?( I say C) I would ask if any one has a super easy way to post from photobucket to these pages please by all means share it with me.
Now on to the explanation of the winter project.
I recently picked up a few sets of these figures just to see how I liked them and being inspired by Majorsmiths modern americans thought what could I do ?
I thought conventionally Russia Vs. USA/NATO = No( maybe later)
I thought Russia Vs. China = Maybe (no PLA in 40mm)
then I went to the back of beyond page "BANG IT HIT ME A SECOND RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR"
HlBSco is releaseng all of my favorite Russian vehicles, Kitech for the armor and I found a Russian diecast dealer for any and all civilian vehicles. As soon as I can I will post up the pictures of what I have now about 12 figures of different Russian services OMON , VDV, Spetsnaz, and a General a couple of apcs and some tanks the project will also be to create scenery for the back drop which I've got 5 buildings already started for this and I plan to finish it up around the first of the new year.
Look forward to posting up Any simple advice is appreciated Maybe write it crayon ? so I can get it
D-out
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:38:01 PM by dsmith »

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: Modern Russians
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:21:16 AM »
On photos, if you´ve already got a Photobucket account, it´s actually rather simple to get them linked here.

If you open one of your gallery pages and move the mouse cursor over one of the small thumbnail images, a kind of "menu space" should appear beneath the image. In the bottom-most line of this space, there is an "IMG Code". This is the one you need to post images in forums like this one. Move your cursor onto that code line, click once to mark it, then copy it using CTRL-C or right-click>copy.

Then change to the "post reply" box on this forum in which you´ve been writing and paste the code by using CTRL-V or right-click>paste.

This should look something like that while you type it:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://www.sampleadress.com/sampleimagename.jpg[/img]
Once you´re finished, click on "Post", and the images should show up in the finished post.

On you project, I´d be happy to see something like that! I´ve always been interested in this setting ever since I read the "Constantin Vadim" novels by British author Donald James, which take place in 2015 in a post-2ndRCW Russia. Very grim and bitter at times. It doesn´t have to be "Neo-Soviets" (i.e. with a distinct Sci-Fi-Slant), but contemporary (although a bit touchy) is also fascinating.

Alternatively, in 2001, rules writer Chris Peers presented a fictional campaign setting in Wargames Illustrated set in a fictional Black Sea country, with various Nato, CIS and domestic (read: Corrupt Government and Bandits) factions struggling for influence in an undeclared low-intensity war. This could be another approach.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 09:23:52 AM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 04:25:34 PM »

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »
Thanks sooooo much for the detailed and clear instructions Chris!
It worked ! it worked! Here is a group shot as a test with what is completed and whats on tap more to follow.See previous reply

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 04:31:45 PM »
I have little interest in moderns, but I may be in love! Please post some close ups. That seated figure in the front looks fantastic!

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »
Aaron heres a close up of general Donskov of the interior Ministry forces on his T-92

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 04:55:46 PM »
Wow, great sculpt and paint job.  :-*Thanks!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
Vary nice paint job, what more can you tell us about your background?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 05:29:44 PM »
Thanks sooooo much for the detailed and clear instructions Chris!
It worked ! it worked! Here is a group shot as a test with what is completed and whats on tap more to follow.See previous reply

By clicking the "modify" button in the header bar of one of your previous posts, you can add further comments, so you don´t have to open extra ones. ;)

But those figures are absolutely excellent. I have considered buying some of HLBS´ quarterscales for almost a decade now, but could never get myself to actually do it... but now, I´m seriously tempted. Maybe if I find some at a convention.

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 07:37:24 PM »
Thanks again westphalia chris for all the help in posting kind of new to it so please bear with me as I work threw the bugs :D tried a few other post to no effect timed out on a couple lost the content ETC... but is it possible to make multiple postings of images? in the same reply? if so how. Again thanks to all you LAFers out there that keep us inspired and thanks for the kind words more photos to follow as well as background discussion any ideas from the gallery are truly welcomed.
D

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 07:56:55 PM »
Super-good.

I had a nice chat with Richard at HLBS last weekend and picked up even more of these beauties (and the BMP1). It's great to see someone elses efforts on them.

Where is Donskov from?
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 08:08:06 PM »
Thanks again westphalia chris for all the help in posting kind of new to it so please bear with me as I work threw the bugs :D tried a few other post to no effect timed out on a couple lost the content ETC... but is it possible to make multiple postings of images? in the same reply? if so how.

It´s actually rather easy, you just paste the various IMG-Codes one after another. I recommend leaving a blank line between the individual pictures, in order to separate them a bit. When writing your post, it should look a bit like this:

Code: [Select]

Introductory text bla bla ;)

[img]http://hostadress.com/sampleimage1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://hostadress.com/sampleimage2.jpg[/img]

more text more images etc.

Basically, you can have as many pictures per post as you like, but I recommend a limit of, say, 6-10 per post, especially if the individual pictures are rather large (the most useful size seems to be 800 pixels wide, but your 1024s are okay, too, and show off your figures rather nicely). There´s a lot of helpful hints and tips in the "Workbench" section of this Forum, which might be useful to figure it all out.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 08:12:17 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 08:23:45 PM »
Keith, Westphalia Chris ,
Thanks again for the comments I will have another look into the workbench section to put it all together as far as posting. Keith the answer to the Donskov question comes from the CM range and is from the Officers or H.Q. set which there is no photo of on the HLBSco site but comes with him a table and 3 other figures in a conference setting it is a rather nice set and one of my favorites. I to have recently picked up the BMP-1 , BMD-2 both are painted just need to weather 'Em up will be picking up more in the near future for sure

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 03:10:35 PM »
The general is absolutely stunning, both sculpting and paintjob!

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 05:30:26 PM »
Here is a group shot of a Spetsnaz guy and 2 OMON guys WIP

a close up of the Spetsnaz

And the BMD-2 just needs to get dirtied up a bit

Thanks for looking and if your interested in viewing the whole gallery heres a link( Not much to see only 13 photos)
http://s913.photobucket.com/albums/ac340/derekasmith/
D