Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:35:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 529
Total: 535

Recent

Author Topic: Modern Russians update new recruits  (Read 11248 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Modern Russians
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 09:07:04 PM »
Beautiful work the camo is fantastic

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 02:09:07 AM »
 :-* :-* :-*

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 02:45:04 PM »
Well,
After taking the weekend off to paint more of these little guys and to consider the story line I intend to game,I 've come up with this so far.
First as I am new to forums and their etiquite I would ask if it O.K. to continue posting updates of photos story lines etc... within the same forum or should I start new ones I have seen several very long strings and would just like to know the opinions of the group.
Now Commisarmoody asked for me to expand a little on the background, So far I am thinking near future diffenently not Sci -fi but not right now ,putting aside possible political considerations the Russain Federation is torn apart by internal strife (could use help in this area) by undetermined belligerants and they go at it over what else power.backstory to that might be reunification of all former satellites, gold , oil , dollars ETC...
the story is still  in development for sure and I have been concentrating on units more then the story line.
Some units I have been working on and will include are:
Cossacks ,but instead of horses they will ride to battle on tanks. with lots of banners and the like for all units this is what attracted me to the idea after seeing them in the BOB forum
Armoured train see my posting on Model railraod gameing for ideas on this baby
OMON troops
VDV
FSB
Russian police
Motorrifle
All service branches including civilians that in gameing would be some sort of modifier?
This is still getting off the ground comments and suggestions critiisisms are all welcome
looking to post some more photos as soon as I get some batteries for the camera
again thanks for looking
D

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 04:45:48 PM »
We´re always happy to read battle reports and see pictures of nicely-painted toys! ;) I´d suggest using this thread to post any background fluff and plans/concepts you have, and have other threads for battle reports. With those, it might be useful to publish "small ones" in a single thread, but rather large and impressive ones could (and often should) have their own topic. But it´s no problem to have it all in one thread, or have one "DSmith's Modern Russians: General Stuff & Fluff", and one "DSmith´s Modern Russians: Battle Reports".

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 05:20:45 PM »
Wow! Those are awesome! :o

Was there a lot of conversion work done? I can't tell - which is a good thing! lol

Please keep us updated!

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 10:45:09 PM »
Again thanks for keeping me on point westphalia Chris for now I will keep it all here at the rate I paint it might be awhile before any full fledged battle reports are done , but maybe a small one squad based is'nt to far off.I will post updates to the figures here as well I just finished a converted FSB officer and am awaiting the all important batteries for camera to capture him. Not much of a conversion just removed one gun for another but what a difference it makes in the overall appearence of the figure. I used HLBSco Tony from the HEAT range "say hello to my little freind" took the 203 off and replaced it with a AK-74 overunder,pics to follow.
Earther thanks for the kind words glad you like them, There are only 3 figures in the group shot that have been converted. Both kneeling figures are arm and head swaps and all I did there was removed the fixed arm raise or lowered to fit bend or straighten to taste. heads were replaced with different heads in appropriate gear Both of those figures were from HLBSco VDV sets 1 from each set, the last conversion is the guy standing and firing  again same method as before but he started life as HLBSco tankers torso arms and legs and a head from the CM range. I think everybody else is pretty stock with the exception of the standing guy in VDV rescue he got a new head as well.
again thanks and I will keep on plugging away.
D

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
Re: Modern Russians update new recruits
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 08:59:03 PM »
O.K. got some new pics for you to hopefully enjoy! I received 2 russian die cast vehicles more to follow and a T-55 tank from China , but I don't know the maker came wrapped in bubble wrap no box cool little toy good detail I am going to replace the MG right off and I redid the grab rails with copper wire.I also thought I would throw in my WIP BMP-1 from HLBSco,still needs washes and weathering.Now lets see if I can remember how to do this>
This my FSB officer coverted from HLBSco Tony "say hello to my little freind" soon to have a unit of these guys
Here's a close up of the T-55
Here are my 2 newest desantniks VDV NCO and VDV trooper.

The stare down a Russian cop stands between rebel T-55 and the express way to revolution!

Here is a group shot of my Internal security forces along side my 2 Russian diecast L-R Van OMON sniper, FSB , OMON, Cop, and Moskovich 408
and finally new recruits group shot
L-R BMP, Cop,VDV NCO,FSB, VDV, OMON, OMON sniper, T-55

Hope you like 'em
couple more guys to do and let the games begin!

Offline answer_is_42

• Mastermind
  • Mostly Harmless.
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 09:34:19 PM »
Very, very impressive stuff. How many figures have you got in total?
I told you so. You damned fools.
 - H.G. Wells

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 10:09:22 PM »
Thanks answer,
I went and counted up all that I have so far in regards to my Russians and I have a whooping 17 . twelve are painted and finished while I currently have 4 on the desk and 1 is a 1/2 figure vehicle commander. However I past a mile stone awhile back  and finished purchasing all of the Russians in HLBSco line, so far more unpainted then painted for sure. I did get side tracked and painted a few US Marines with a Hummvee , LAV and Stingray as possible combatents like there was in the first RCW, which drives the total up too around 21? counting vehicle crews. Have'nt posted those yet  might start a seperate thread for them soon. I diffenently have a lead mountain to climb.
D

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 09:51:14 AM »
Yes you do, this thread kind of inspierd me to finaly break out and prime my TAG MVD I have had laying around.
i have also got some IMPRINT MODELS BMP-3s on order.  :D
Looking forward to seeing more of your mins when they are done
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »
Always nice to see more russians :)

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »
Wow,
I had'nt realized how long it had been since I finished anything new to add to this post? it's been awhile, thanks for lighting a fire under me again ! I am glad these have inspired you commisarmoody to climb your own lead mountains, Col. stone I look to finish a couple of new figs by christmas so stay tuned.... I have been on the other hand ,working again on my Hlbsco modern USMC,looking to post some pics as soon as the weather turns.
  Commisarmoody how did you like the BMP-3 I am tempted I really like the Imprint stuff.
As I have done his humvee, LAV-25, and T-80.
 As a side project I slipped in scale and landed in unfamiliar territory 15mm , and started a near future USMC force for ambush alley games. This is a new scale to me and as soon as I can figure out how to photo them up I will post some up as well.
 Thanks again guys for setting the spark!
Happy Holidays
D out 

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 07:28:54 PM »
Beautiful stuff as the thread has shown keep it coming

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 09:10:11 AM »
I have as of yet not got the BMP-3s becase they are suppoused to be a X-mess present, but there is a link to a compleated one http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=13529.45

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 09:22:36 PM »
Well it has been quite some time to get these few guys done but here they are. These first 2 are rebels.

This guy is my new FSB machine gunner.

Followed by the new crew with my attempt at a new version of the Russian MRAP
Hope you like these 2 more to go on the FSB types then I will be doing the rest of my VDV.
Thanks for looking.
D