Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:54:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Modern Russians update new recruits  (Read 11266 times)

Offline Charles_Rane

• Bookworm
Re: Modern Russians update new recruits
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 11:32:21 AM »
What figures are these? I need to know where you got the on wearing the MASKA-1!!!

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 04:41:10 AM »
Hey Charles,
The answer to your question is the figures are all HLBSco.40mm As for the specific set I believe the sniper with MASKA-1 is from either the spetznaz set or interior ministry set can't remember which, there are alot of conversions however, but let me know and and would be glad to share how I or Richard converted the figures, I actually think I have an extra(The sniper) one lying around so let me know and if it is a stock figure and I would be happy to send it to you.
D

Offline Charles_Rane

• Bookworm
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2010, 02:14:25 PM »
Thanks for your quick response D, it is infact a stock figure. He is with the NVD/Spetsnaz set.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »
Sorry for the slight grave digging, but I had to say that I loved this thread. Also, the fellow with the blast visor reminds me much of the Russian game I play called Paranoia.

I found a number of these figures inspirational.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline john Hollyoak

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 03:54:17 PM »
dsmith - where are you based? I have a few of these figures if you are interested. You can have them FOC if you are based in UK.

John

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 09:37:01 PM »
Bako,
I plan to post up some more of the troops on sunday, I have been mostly working on there vehicles I have 1 BMP1, 1 BMD 1, a MTLB with zsu all are in various stages of completion so I have been rather slow in posting plus the weather here in California has been dismal as far as days without rain so I have'nt been able to spray , but I am glad to hear that  you like them and I hope you like the new guys as well thanks for digging them up.
John thanks for the very generous offer , but alas I am based across the pond in not so sunny California. Thanks again for resurrecting this thread. Will post more on Sunday if the weather holds.
D

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
    • World Historyprof-History Real & Imagined through Miniatures
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2010, 10:17:56 PM »
Have to say that these are some of the best painted modern figures I have ever seen! Wow.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2010, 06:07:14 AM »
Quite glad to hear it.

Where did you get those Russian vehicles though? Are they die-cast?

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2010, 03:40:40 PM »
professor thank you for the high praise. That means alot given the amount of talent on these pages that continually serve as inspiration to us all.
Bako all of the vehicle that I listed with the exception of the zsu-23-2(ACE)are all made by HLBSCo for their range of moderns and very nicely done all are open to a little extra detailing , straps handles etc.... but are designed to handle the rigors of the table top(all supllied with closed hatches, however Richard has assured me that it is quite easy to shave off the hatch and drill out the area underneath and place it in the open configuration) and are fine with out the extras , but I can't leave well enough alone ,if you would like I will throw in some work in progress photos as well.
As far as diecast several of the vehicles I have posted mostly all the civillian cars are from russia and really nice as well, with the exception of the T-55 which is from China and of unknown manufacture but is also very nice on par I would say with Corgi.Well back to the work bench so I can finish off an OMON MG gunner for tommorrw.
Hope this helps and stay tuned.....

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
Re: Modern Russians update new recruits 5/2/10
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:43 PM »
Well,
the weather held and I think I got some good shots so here goes,this is my new VDV conversion here is a group shot of what I got done recently,OMON, Rebel Muj, VDV VDV close upOMON close upand a shot of the whole group with military vehicles
Hope you like them
D

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2010, 08:29:38 PM »
Sorry for the double post here is the photo I was going for