Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:19:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WW1 Turks in 28mm  (Read 9918 times)

Offline Stecal

• Scientist
    • Pictures of my minis
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« on: April 01, 2007, 03:13:59 AM »
Who currently makes WW1 Turks in 28mm?  I am only aware of Copplestone & Brigade.  Any sources for Turkish cavalry out there?
Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 08:34:43 AM »
Quote from: "Stecal"
Who currently makes WW1 Turks in 28mm?  I am only aware of Copplestone & Brigade.  Any sources for Turkish cavalry out there?

Hello

You may want to try Tin Soldier or Battle Honours. I cannot provide feedback on the cavalry from these two ranges in addition to your latter request, but I do have the Mounted Turkish Commander from Tin Soldier which is quite nice.

Eureka also produce Turks, but on the smaller side. Again I've not seen these, but has been indicated too me that this is the case.

Indication from Lon is that there should be another pack of Turks being released soon with mixed head attire.

Check my Gallipoli photos in this group for a large collection of Turks from my friend and myself.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline gnu2000

• Student
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:36:59 AM »
Hi, Newbie member here

I have the Tin Soldier Turk artillery crews and mounted general and these are OK figures. They are a bit smaller than the Copplestone castings and their sculpting style is similar to Old Glory.

I don't have the cavalry, but might consider them as a future purchase. Their horses are smaller than Copplestone (but who's arent!), being similar in size to the older Foundry ranges designed by the Perry twins.

If you are in the UK and can make it to Salute in April or Partizan in May, I am putting on a big game using these figures.

cheers
Steve

Offline Stecal

• Scientist
    • Pictures of my minis
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 08:20:25 PM »
Thanks for the info on Battle Honours.  I had no idea they had such an extensive line of WW1 figures.

Offline gnu2000

• Student
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 08:37:22 PM »
Battle Honours are much smaller than Copplestone/Brigade. This bothers some people more than others but I'd really recommend getting a sample to avoid disappointment.

That said, they do have a great range!

cheers
Steve

Offline Le matou rouge

• Mad Scientist
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 09:20:35 PM »
Quote from: "Stecal"
I had no idea they had such an extensive line of WW1 figures.

So do I. Is there anybody here who knows where to see pics of them ?
Thanks.

Meow,
Matt
We are the Village Green Preservation Society
We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular
Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula
Ray Davies

Offline soapy

• Librarian
  • I sculpt therefore I eat.
    • My blog, sometimes work, sometimes play.
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 01:02:54 AM »
Blimey, I forgot I'd sculpted those!

Unfortunately 19th Century miniatures seem to be alergic to putting photos up. All the links I have to the old UK site are now redundant so no help there...  Ade at Battle Honours UK may be able to point you in the direction of photos as I know he painted up an army of them when they first came out.

One word of caution. I can't say I understand the process fully but apparently something went wrong when these figures were originally moulded and they ended up quite thin. Hight-wise I think they are roughly Copplestone sized but they will appear to be a lot slimmer.

Soaps.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 11:28:41 AM »
Here is a pic of my Turkish Artillery. In the foreground are Tin Soldier Turks manning Tin Soldier mountain guns and in the background are Battle Honours Turkish Crew manning Force of Arms Krupp 77s. Surrounding them are mainly Brigade Games Turks and German Asien Korps. You can also see a Tin Soldier Mounted Turkish Commander pointing. In the left foreground you can just makeout the Tin Soldier Turkish Command group consisting of a Turkish Officer with Binos pointing )behind the flag), a Turkish Officer with map and a German Officer and included on the base is a Brigade Games Turkish Officer.

[/img]

God Bless

Helen

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 01:39:22 PM »
Shouldnt´t that be "Allah akbar"? ;)

Awesome stuff! I like the separately based flags. I assume they are used to identify units? Great idea, just like a miniature command post.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 09:48:57 PM »
Quote from: "Westfalia Chris"
Shouldnt´t that be "Allah akbar"? ;)

Awesome stuff! I like the separately based flags. I assume they are used to identify units? Great idea, just like a miniature command post.

Thankyou  :)   This is part of my collection painted by my good friend Leroy Simpson. I think that I'd about 600+ figures here for the game for both sides.

Andrew my other good friend has about the same in figures as well. We do put on a jolly good game  8)

That is correct about the flags being for identifying units. It does assist us when deploying vast numbers of units on the terrain for the scenario (taken from an actual event) and trying to figure out command radius for control and casualties  :)

Blessings

Helen

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 10:25:04 PM »
600+ painted figures? That's a lifetime of painting for me.  :lol:
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 06:13:28 AM »
600?! Oustanding! Ages ago i had a WHFB  Empire army with 700 minis. Never got it painted :)

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 12:29:48 PM »
Helen, that is a fantastic army!  :o

Offline Le matou rouge

• Mad Scientist
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 09:50:40 AM »
About Battle Honours figures pics, thanks to all for your fast answers.

For the record, I had totally forgotten this jonspaintingservice link on the Frothersunite ww1 review (great work, White Knight !), and Bullshot provided this nice one recently :

Quest goes on to see the French ones...

M

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
WW1 Turks in 28mm
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 08:24:40 AM »
Hi

Are they BH Russians in the Photo? I checked out the hyperlink and saw the Italians. Are they Old Glory WW1? or BH WW2?

Thanks anyway for the photo on the Russians.

Blessings

Helen