Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:19:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686597
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: HELP ! ! !  (Read 5689 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
HELP ! ! !
« on: April 01, 2007, 09:24:31 AM »
How do I get over my painting-blockage-depression-thingy...? I haven't painted on my pulp project for more than a week now  :(
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 09:31:04 AM »
Rent or watch a good pulpy film, if you are painting gangsters watch Dick Tracy or the Untouchables or you cant beat a late night Indiana Jones fest :D

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://www.pardulon-models.com
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 09:40:38 AM »
Putting on a game might help also. Or team up with a friend and paint together. I get most of my painting done in Vikotnik's basement, drinking fruit tea and listening to cheerful, positive music.
Resin buildings, scenery and other useful stuff: www.pardulon-models.com

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 09:59:05 AM »
The problem is - I can't get my game on, before I've finished painting the figs...

But I'll try to get an afternoon off to play some other minis-game with a pal of mine during the easter holidays. Maybe it helps.

I've decided to skip Tonka and the Evil Hooded Minions for my first pulp game, so as soon as I get the Brits finished, and sanded, and painted my first attempt at a dune, and mocked up a square, flapped paper tent for the archaeologists, and finally painted a lot of plastic bases to use as encounter markers.... arrgh... I also have to paint a mini and rebase some others for encounters.....  :D

Edit: If only I did not have to go to my in-laws 3 days right in the middle of the vacation (tuesday to thursday) my prospects of getting anything done would be so much better...  :twisted:

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 10:10:27 AM »
Quote from: "Argonor"
Edit: If only I did not have to go to my in-laws 3 days right in the middle of the vacation (tuesday to thursday) my prospects of getting anything done would be so much better...  :twisted:

Shouldn´t THAT at least have given you some ideas on how to do Evil Masterminds(TM)?!?

;) :lol:

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »
clean up your painting desk, only one mini must stay and some brushes, nothing else, that always takes positive effect on me :)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 03:14:47 PM »
Could you take a few figures and some paint with you when you visit the relatives ?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »
Buy more minis! New troops always inspire me to paint up the old stuff. Creates a backlog, yes, but what can you do? :)

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 09:14:53 PM »
Zaf is right!

I have never seen it the way he described it...

Nothing happened as long as i watched 'Troy' which ran on TV this night, drinking beer. As soon as it was over, I changed to tea and some groovy tunes and:
WAP!!! See me paint like hell!
 :)

When I have a 'normal' blockade; usually between two large projects/ commissions, I single out THE ONE miniature I really wanted to paint for quite some time. Normally, I have lots of ideas about that one and they just keep me going, That worked for a few years now, at least in my case.

Aaah, and do not forget the right tunes...

:)  :)
Zafarelli at 01:00 am:
\"...everything is strange in a way. ... Always."

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 07:38:02 AM »
Quote from: "LeadAsbestos"
Buy more minis! New troops always inspire me to paint up the old stuff. Creates a backlog, yes, but what can you do? :)

Backlog.... I think I may never get all the minis painted, that I have stashed away in boxes, in the cellar on old GW blister-racks, in boxes, in shoeboxes, and in boxes....  :D

I'm not affraid og backlogs, but I really don't need another (my wife firmly assures me) mini at the moment, and as cash runs low these days....

But I actually managed to paint a little yesterday... maybe it helped just to get some of it 'out of my system' by writing about it....  :roll:

Tea...? I dunno, I'm not much of a tea-drinking man, and coffee in the evening ruins my sleep.... Maybe some Russian Earl Grey.....

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 07:42:25 AM »
Quote from: "fastolfrus"
Could you take a few figures and some paint with you when you visit the relatives ?

I may do just that, if I can get place in the car for that big cardboard box I'll need for all the necessary paints... we have to take our.... (what's it called in English??)... baby cart...??? for our youngest to nap in, and that leaves little room, even in a stationcar.....

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 05:45:26 PM »
Quote from: "Zafarelli"
Or team up with a friend and paint together. I get most of my painting done...

Every time I try this the only thing I get is drunken and not painted anything!  :roll:
"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://www.pardulon-models.com
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 05:52:20 PM »
Quote from: "WitchfinderGeneral"
Quote from: "Zafarelli"
Or team up with a friend and paint together. I get most of my painting done...

Every time I try this the only thing I get is drunken and not painted anything!  :roll:

It helps if you live somewhere in the middle of nowhere, where you have to go by car to get anywhere  :lol:

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 05:56:44 PM »
I do that (live in the middle of nowhere - fields on 3 sides, a farm on the last... OK, we are separated from one field by a road, but still)! Maybe I should pack up the stationcar when we get home from Haderslev Thursday evening, and then crash on my closest gaming pal's new appartment friday morning....   :lol:  I wouldn't get too popular by that, as he is a real B-person   :wink:

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
HELP ! ! !
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 10:10:34 PM »
You don't need a huge box - stick to the 5 colour method and just take 5 basic colours that will do 90% of the painting on a small group of figures, possibly just one unit.
Take a small group of ready undercoated figures.
Paint them to the 90% stage whilst you are away, and when you get home you finish them off, do the ink washes etc.

Baby carts are generally called prams, pushchairs, or buggies- partially depending on style and part depends on how old you are (pram is quite an old fashioned word)