Forum > Railway Wargaming

Railway model conversion: How to adapt 00 scale to 28mm...

(1/10) > >>

Michi:
I started a new project after I bought some 00 scale goods wagons during my recent holidays. Now it is time to adapt them to 28mm. First Iīll convert the loco I got from Ebay:

I widened the body by one centimetre and made a new cab that allows a 28mm to look out of the windows at eye level. Regretfully itīs not possible to place figures inside the cab, because it hosts the motor. Perhaps I am going to put half figures for driver and fireman in there...

former user:
how much did You spend on the HO loco?

Michi:

--- Quote from: former user on September 30, 2009, 11:19:41 PM ---how much did You spend on the HO loco?

--- End quote ---

Reasonable 40 €. I didnīt expect a flea market price for a foreign model...

former user:
puh....
not my level

have You ever tried converting the Faller Hittrain T3 ?
http://cgi.ebay.de/Faller-hit-train-play-train-Lok-Tadellos_W0QQitemZ220485279759QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Modellbau_Modelleisenbahnen?hash=item3355f2600f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
(okay, this one got a little bit more expensive)
You get them pretty cheap nowadays on ebay, and the battery carriage is pretty easy to remove (1 screw) after which you cam make Your own for HO gauge

I shall try to make some pics these days of my WIP conversions, to give You some ideas.
maybe You can give me some too, cause I'm a little bit stuck :(

Michi:

--- Quote from: former user on October 01, 2009, 06:21:44 AM ---
have You ever tried converting the Faller Hittrain T3 ?

--- End quote ---

I used to have an entire HitTrain railway layout, but sold it a couple of years ago. There had been three T3s, one of them with a tender. I found them too big for gaming...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version