Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 627
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sturer Emil  (Read 4790 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Sturer Emil
« on: October 17, 2009, 01:25:28 PM »

Yes am one of the Mid War Monster fans!   

FoW 15mm Moritz "Sturer Emil".

...together with Gear Krieg Flak-Loki.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: Sturer Emil
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 01:30:01 PM »
"Vot, is zis a howitzer or are you just happy to zee me?"

lol

Lovely work, and subtle use of colour combinations. The brownish (oxidation?) effect on the gun barrel is rather nice.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 02:44:49 AM »
AWESOME!  :) :)

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 10:17:33 AM »
very nice

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 08:41:53 PM »
really lovely, as always!!!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 08:56:02 PM »
Thanks!

I am planning to do the corresponding second vehicle "Max" more or less historical correct.
The 3rd vehicle of the box gets the full weird war Gear Krieg treatment.
Tesla Gun or the electrokinetic cannon... ;)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 08:57:57 PM »
YEAH! :)

i really love your weird war in 15mm!!! Maybe I can find some way to mod my buildings for WWWII... did you see them, right? :)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 09:52:06 PM »
Thanks!

I am planning to do the corresponding second vehicle "Max" more or less historical correct.
The 3rd vehicle of the box gets the full weird war Gear Krieg treatment.
Tesla Gun or the electrokinetic cannon... ;)

Wait a second... there are THREE "Sturer Emils" in the FOW box, even though only TWO were built historically?!?  lol

Oh, the hilarity!

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 10:20:41 PM »
I don't think it's funny... The map of Europe would look very different today if Hitler had based his army on FoW lists instead of whichever inferior rule system he used in reality.  :-I

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 10:36:19 PM »
I don't think it's funny... The map of Europe would look very different today if Hitler had based his army on FoW lists instead of whichever inferior rule system he used in reality.  :-I

Hell, I personally own more Maus Tanks, E-25s and E-100s than were ever used! ;)

But I hear you, Jim. Today, I discovered a lovely crafts and hobby superstore with an absolute plethora of useful stuff (Balsa wood in blocks! Awesome!), and GW and FOW merchandise as well. What caught my eye were a number of FOW publications, which displayed

a ) a definitive intent of pushing the borders of acceptable puns for booklet covers and

b ) some more than mildly irritating Wehrmacht fetishization. Even more than we wargamers usually do.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 10:54:23 PM »
Hell, I personally own more Maus Tanks, E-25s and E-100s than were ever used! ;)

But I hear you, Jim. Today, I discovered a lovely crafts and hobby superstore with an absolute plethora of useful stuff (Balsa wood in blocks! Awesome!), and GW and FOW merchandise as well. What caught my eye were a number of FOW publications, which displayed

a ) a definitive intent of pushing the borders of acceptable puns for booklet covers and

b ) some more than mildly irritating Wehrmacht fetishization. Even more than we wargamers usually do.

Which would be 'Hobbycraft' at a guess.  :)

I'm actually a fan of FoW... I quite like the idea, but yes, there is certainly a lot of 'German hype', but that isn't unique to the system and they pretty much hype every army, even the Italians. It depends which nation is flavour of the month really. I do wonder whether there is a need for numerous sourcebooks though... I anticipate 'Highway to Hell - Day 2, around 4pm' to be released shortly.

I can't speak for other countries, but there is one hell of fascination with English gamers for German armies. I'd even place good money on it being the most popular WW2 army by a long shot. Haven't a clue why though.  :?

I thought the 'mid war monsters' were a good idea though, I like what-if's and alternate history so they were right up my street without being too 'way out there'.

In a bid to steer the thread back onto course, I'd like to say that Agis, as always, has done a great job!  :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 10:55:40 PM »
Today, I discovered a lovely crafts and hobby superstore with an absolute plethora of useful stuff (Balsa wood in blocks! Awesome!), and GW and FOW merchandise as well.

Ah, Chris, clearly you have found your way to a Hobbycraft superstore...

I only recently discovered these Aladdin's caves myself - certainly in terms of paints, modelling materials and tools, scenics, and kits - pretty much everything a chap could wish for (and quite a bit besides - fur fabric anybody?) all under one giant roof. Rather good I think...

former user

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 12:46:33 AM »
@jim Hale, I share Your cluelessness about the fascination for Wehrmacht wargaming, even more if Germans favor it.... :?

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 07:13:34 AM »
sometimes it happens, and you find a new world of stuff... even if i really think that Ive seen all the shops here in milan, it happens, sometimes!  :P