Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:38:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690724
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Surrounded by Pulp Robots!  (Read 6484 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Surrounded by Pulp Robots!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 01:30:49 PM »
Check out Captain Spectre and Tales of the Revenant (links for both are above). Start at the beginnig for both and they are definitely worth it.

Once you get through those, there is a link on the Captain Spectre page for The Rainbow Orchid (more of a TinTin type tale but really good).

Start with those three and then start branching out. I'll dig up more later and I'm sure others will contribute theirs.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline cwchmc

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 02:23:08 PM »
I read through the Capt. Spectre and Revenant strips yesterday. Great stuff. Anyone who hasn't done so really needs to check them out.

Chuck

Offline Dave Flora

• Lurker
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 07:15:22 PM »
Quote from: "Operator5"
Quote from: "revford"
There really should be some cross promotion between Rattrap and the pulp webcomics, even something as simple as .45 character sheets for the main characters alongside the link on the informants page would be good.  :)

I'd be happy to work with any of the webcomic artists doing pulp style comics. I already link to Captain Spectre from my Informants list and Tom Floyd did my SST cover.

I'd love to do a series of character sheets for the game based on them and who doesn't want a Revenant miniature!  :o

Ah!  You guys are awesome!  Actually, Tom Floyd and I have become pretty good friends since I started doing my webcomic....he's a great guy and super artist!  If you haven't picked up the SPIDER anthology put out by Moonstone, you should!  Tom did the interior illustrations, and they're pure pulp!

I actually own "Radar Men from the Moon" and "King of the Rocketmen"...they are spectacular!

I think having a Revenant miniature would be so cool!  I'd be happy to try to convert what he can do into .45 rules.....or at least be able to talk to Operator 5 about his abilities.  I think there's some fun to be had here!  Email me if you want.

Say, have you seen the Revenant bust that Eric Diaz has made up?  He's incredibly talented...and a heck of a great guy! http://sandman.vox.com/library/post/the-revenant-bust-by-eric-nocella-diaz.html

I just finished the next panel for the story last night fellas, and I've got to say that what's at the bottom of the well shouldn't dissapoint..)

Take care,

Dave

TALES OF THE REVENANT

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 07:27:14 PM »
That bust is awesome!  :o

You'll have to make sure to let us know when it becomes available.

And I'll get an e-mail off to you when I get back form vacation.

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 07:54:43 PM »
That is an awesome bust.

I also think it is very cool to have a hero use two LeMat revolvers. Especially ones reloaded by ghostly vengeance. Nice touch.

Offline Le matou rouge

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 09:03:05 PM »
Quote from: "Operator5"
Once you get through those, there is a link on the Captain Spectre page for The Rainbow Orchid (more of a TinTin type tale but really good).

Thanks for the hint, Rich ! I'm a great fan of "ligne claire" style and that's a lovely delineatded flower !

Meow,
Matt
We are the Village Green Preservation Society
We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular
Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula
Ray Davies

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 11:58:07 PM »
I saw the bust of The Revenant a while back, it's really nice, I looked about for a suitable model for converting too but I couldn't find anything I liked.

I'll have to go watch Undersea Kingdom again to tide me over until those metal menace mechanoids are available.  :)

Once they become available I'll have to get two, one to stand either side of my pulp figures Vincent Price.  Muw-haha-haha!

Cheers for the reminder about The Rainbow Orchid, I started reading it a while back and then forgot all about it.  Back to the beginning for me.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com