Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:56:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warfare 2009 Participation Game  (Read 4510 times)

Offline Boggler

• Scientist
Warfare 2009 Participation Game
« on: November 06, 2009, 01:39:34 PM »
If you're going to Warfare in Reading in a couple of weeks time, please drag yourself away from the traders and come over to the participation games area.

I'll be there on the Sunday with the Wessex Wargamers Winchester Participation game which is a Back of Beyond skirmish involving a White, Red and Japanese three way raid on an armoured train carrying Admiral Kolchak's Tsarist gold reserves. :o

We playtested it the other day and it was great fun, taking about 40 minutes to run through. There are some great figures, terrain and vehicles on display, most of them assembled by a guy at the club with a real talent for painting and scratchbuilding. Needless to say, it's a cracking game. ;D

Anyway, you'd be very welcome to join a game or just come along for a chat and say hello.

See you there.

Jim

PS I'll take some photos of the game and post them here after the show

Offline RJ

• Scientist
    • http://rjpainting.blogspot.com/
Re: Warfare 2009 Participation Game
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 03:10:15 PM »
As a member of WAR (Wargames Association of Reading), il be helping out at Warfare both days so il be sure to pop by, looking forward to it alrerady!
Check out my blog here:

http://rjpainting.blogspot.com/

Accepting painting comissions

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 03:23:03 PM »
Sounds fun, will definately drop by. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »
If you're going to Warfare in Reading in a couple of weeks time, please drag yourself away from the traders and come over to the participation games area.

I'll be there on the Sunday with the Wessex Wargamers Winchester Participation game which is a Back of Beyond skirmish involving a White, Red and Japanese three way raid on an armoured train carrying Admiral Kolchak's Tsarist gold reserves. :o

We playtested it the other day and it was great fun, taking about 40 minutes to run through. There are some great figures, terrain and vehicles on display, most of them assembled by a guy at the club with a real talent for painting and scratchbuilding. Needless to say, it's a cracking game. ;D

Anyway, you'd be very welcome to join a game or just come along for a chat and say hello.

See you there.

Jim

PS I'll take some photos of the game and post them here after the show

Sounds great, especially as Lt. Hazel, meself and others are planning to do a Koltschak's Gold Scenario for Tactica 2010! No Japanese, just reds, whites, Czechs and Machnowia (slightly out of their area)
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 04:44:42 PM »
We expect pictures! ;)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 07:25:17 PM »
Sounds great, especially as Lt. Hazel, meself and others are planning to do a Koltschak's Gold Scenario for Tactica 2010! No Japanese, just reds, whites, Czechs and Machnowia (slightly out of their area)

Machnowia?

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 08:01:15 AM »
Black Army. Makhnow = Machnow in german

Offline Boggler

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 10:17:48 AM »
Don't forget to pop round if you're at Warfare on Sunday.

There's a nice scratchbuilt armoured train to oogle  :o

Offline Boggler

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 10:04:18 AM »
Thanks if you dropped by. It seemed to be quite a popular game, with different outcomes each time and some good cliffhanger moments.

My favourite was the White Russian attempt to block the railway line with a truck, which was subsequently pinched and driven off by the Japanese, before being recaptured by the Whites and driven back (minus two tyres and some paintwork) onto the railway lines just in time for the armoured train to smash into it and derail. Even the Bolshevik commissar lent a hand by giving it a push although it didn't do him any good as he was later shot by the Whites  lol

Good fun!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 10:15:36 AM »
Great looking game, one of the better ones on display in my opinion, it was a very efective looking piece of terrain.
Sorry didnt stop for a chat as everybody looked deep in thought at the time.

Offline RJ

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 11:59:30 AM »
Thanks if you dropped by. It seemed to be quite a popular game, with different outcomes each time and some good cliffhanger moments.

My favourite was the White Russian attempt to block the railway line with a truck, which was subsequently pinched and driven off by the Japanese, before being recaptured by the Whites and driven back (minus two tyres and some paintwork) onto the railway lines just in time for the armoured train to smash into it and derail. Even the Bolshevik commissar lent a hand by giving it a push although it didn't do him any good as he was later shot by the Whites  lol

Good fun!

That was the game me and my buddy played! (we were the W.A.R club guys in the blue polos? )

Was a really really cool game, lovely terrain, good minis and a simple and effective rules system, just what you want from a demo game.

The truck antics were very funny to be a part of, reminded me of the scene in Indiana Jones when he is fighting on the trucks.

Well done guys

Offline Boggler

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 01:11:54 PM »
Thanks RJ

Good game, which we both managed to win...result!

And sorry for the lethal red D6.

Offline RJ

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 01:19:07 PM »
lethal red D6 and an MG that jammed every turn....