Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:52:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Perry Wars of The Roses box 1  (Read 26562 times)

Offline Ruarigh

• Librarian
    • The Ooh Shiny Complex
Re: Perry Wars of The Roses box 1
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 08:39:50 PM »
I picked up a box in Caliver Books this morning. Caliver had a case of about 50 boxes and had already had three people in buying them when I got there. They look great and I can't wait to get started putting them together.
The greatest revenge you can have on a man that steals your wife is to let him keep her.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 08:26:37 AM »
yeah i  noticed they are still up as   pre orders on the perrys site but like i said wargames emporium in sheffield had the delivery today and they were selling loads of them.
Groan! I miss that place  :(

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 08:41:55 AM »
Got 'em!  :)

God but they're good.

This is only the second box of plastics I've bought, the first being the Warlord Games 'Pike and Shotte' infantry. I opened that box and went 'meh'. I opened the Perrys WOTR box and went 'wow'. The level of detail and relief, the crispness of the moulding, the huge variety of possible combinations from the available parts, the wealth of spare heads, weapons and so on, plus the sheer panache and period flavour invested in each and every figure, surely makes these the best plastics done so far.

If it wasn't for the fact that I already have about 6 other groups of figures on the go, I'd have started building and painting a few of these already. They really do look that good. I can hradly wait.

former user

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 10:28:34 AM »
they look beautiful

I wonder how they go with the GW plastic bretonnians?

anyway, I have a reasonable high medieval lead army from years ago, and I don't see the need for more than 100 longbowmen....
after all the poses for archers are rather limited, as well as equipment variations....

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 06:07:08 AM »
I like; they look like they'd go well with the MegaMinis medievil-ish fantasy figures, which I have a batch of for skirmish fantasy.

They look better than some of the WF plastics I've seen; a friend has a batch of the WG zombies and they're... meh.

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2009, 07:07:08 AM »

God but they're good.

This is only the second box of plastics I've bought, the first being the Warlord Games 'Pike and Shotte' infantry. I opened that box and went 'meh'. I opened the Perrys WOTR box and went 'wow'. The level of detail and relief, the crispness of the moulding, the huge variety of possible combinations from the available parts, the wealth of spare heads, weapons and so on, plus the sheer panache and period flavour invested in each and every figure, surely makes these the best plastics done so far.

If it wasn't for the fact that I already have about 6 other groups of figures on the go, I'd have started building and painting a few of these already. They really do look that good. I can hradly wait.

only 6

you're holding back then  lol

dodge

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2009, 09:14:59 AM »

God but they're good.

Captain Blood in 'I love plastics' shock! What next? Zombies? It's the end of days, I tell you...  ;)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2009, 04:53:49 PM »
Captain Blood in 'I love plastics' shock! What next? Zombies? It's the end of days, I tell you...  ;)

;)

I'll never give in to the Zombie infestation of wargaming (and popular culture)! Never I tell you!  lol

I've never been against the principle of plastic figures - I was simply waiting for someone to produce some to a quality standard that measures up, and in a period that interests me.
These Perry models are on the money. Beyond expectations in fact.
(Having said that, I haven't actually tried to stick any of the fiddly little bits together yet, so we shall see!)

Offline meninobesta

• Mad Scientist
  • Bastard Saint, Scorn of the Earth
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 05:38:40 PM »
These Perry models are on the money. Beyond expectations in fact.

can you post some pictures? please! :)
Cheers,
Pedro

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2009, 11:56:56 PM »
Someone on Steve Dean's forum has kindly photographed the box contents...  ;)

http://www.sdean-forum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20891

And a couple of people have got building and painting already...

http://www.sdean-forum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20865

http://www.sdean-forum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20905

Offline meninobesta

• Mad Scientist
  • Bastard Saint, Scorn of the Earth
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2009, 08:57:34 AM »
thanks! :)
they look very good!

http://www.sdean-forum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20905
the guy on the left right should be holding a dead chicken! :D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 05:09:57 PM by meninobesta »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2010, 02:31:48 AM »
I just got done reading the new issue of WGI and the article in it stats that the perrys will be releasing a new plastic set this year that will have the same body's, but with more continental weapons like, pike, crossbow, and handguns.  I think that is pretty cool, now all they need is mounted Men-at-arms and dismounted M-At-A to completely flush out that range.
i mean they could be used for any thing from that 1500 down. 100 YW, Italian wars, early Landsknecht and give the blokes some flails, farming tools and you got the Hussite wars. Might even do for some cheap conquistadors.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline warhammergrimace

• Bookworm
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 10:14:44 AM »
I got two boxes from santa so I'm very happy, started builing them the other day and will on this month's list to do painting wise.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2010, 11:35:22 AM »
Got mine on order and cant wait to see yours when they are done WHgrimace.
What pattern are you going to paint yours in?
I was thinking of doing some research into my family coat of arms, for one group and then US my old Regiments Crest and colors for the other group.

Offline doobry

• Student
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »
I also got two boxes from santa one is already made up and paintedm
my only reservation with them is the placing of the swords once you place the polearms on the figure swords seem to be in awkward places.

iain