Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:32:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Battle Honour WW1 28 mm Austrians  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Battle Honour WW1 28 mm Austrians
« on: April 19, 2007, 02:59:05 AM »
Hi Folks

I need assistance please from anyone who can share their wisdom on Battle Honour WW1 28 mm Austrians whether by photos or description in particular infantry and artillery. I also need to know what artillery piece they have in the range.

If anyone can assist that would be nice.

Thankyou  :)

God Bless

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Squint

• Assistant
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »
Hi,

Sorry, I can't help directly.....but give Ade Deacon at the Battle Honours UK shop an e-mail and I'm sure he'll try and help.

http://www.battlehonours.co.uk/

My club is based at the shop, so if Ade isn't very helpful leave a message on here and I'll give him some stick next time I see him.
Failing that, I'll probably be calling in at the shop in the next week or so....so I can have a look for you then.

Squint.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:52:16 PM »
Quote from: "Squint"
Hi,

Sorry, I can't help directly.....but give Ade Deacon at the Battle Honours UK shop an e-mail and I'm sure he'll try and help.

http://www.battlehonours.co.uk/

My club is based at the shop, so if Ade isn't very helpful leave a message on here and I'll give him some stick next time I see him.
Failing that, I'll probably be calling in at the shop in the next week or so....so I can have a look for you then.

Squint.

Thanks Squint, I'll and if I can please request if you can have a perusal as well when you are next there. I do have a number of BH figures which are nice.  :)

God Bless

Helen

Offline Squint

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 07:04:43 PM »
Hi Helen,

I popped along to the Battle Honours shop today, and, surprisingly, I remembered to look out for the Austrians.

Ade has all the packs in stock.

The figures look OK, (but typical with BH they are slighlty smaller than, say Copplestoes figs. Ade tells me that the BH figs are true 28mms and that Copplestone's and some other manufacturers have crept their figures up to 30mm or enem 32mm.)
Anyway, the infantry are all early war with cloth, peaked caps, edelwiess, and back-packs. Nice variety of poses in each pack.
I remembered to have a look at the artillery piece....unfortunately, the pack doesn't actually say what it is supposed to be and I'm no expert on ancient field pieces but, at a guess, I'd say it was a Krupp 75 - shortish barrel, gun shield and spoked wheels.

Sorry wasn't able to take any pics as Ade wouldn't let me open any packs plus I forgot my camera anyway.

Ade says that he has received your e-mail but didn't say if he's replied or not yet. However, he did say that he thought you were asking about Turks not Austrians.

I am likely to be going back to the shop again over the weekend, so if you have any more questions please ask.

Regards
Squint.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »
Quote from: "Squint"
Hi Helen,

I popped along to the Battle Honours shop today, and, surprisingly, I remembered to look out for the Austrians.

Ade has all the packs in stock.

The figures look OK, (but typical with BH they are slighlty smaller than, say Copplestoes figs. Ade tells me that the BH figs are true 28mms and that Copplestone's and some other manufacturers have crept their figures up to 30mm or enem 32mm.)
Anyway, the infantry are all early war with cloth, peaked caps, edelwiess, and back-packs. Nice variety of poses in each pack.
I remembered to have a look at the artillery piece....unfortunately, the pack doesn't actually say what it is supposed to be and I'm no expert on ancient field pieces but, at a guess, I'd say it was a Krupp 75 - shortish barrel, gun shield and spoked wheels.

Sorry wasn't able to take any pics as Ade wouldn't let me open any packs plus I forgot my camera anyway.

Ade says that he has received your e-mail but didn't say if he's replied or not yet. However, he did say that he thought you were asking about Turks not Austrians.

I am likely to be going back to the shop again over the weekend, so if you have any more questions please ask.

Regards
Squint.

Thankyou Squint for thinking about the Austrians. Thank Ade too, but i've not received a reply. The Austrians I'm looking at are for the Middle East supporting the Turks. The gun in particular I'm interested in as they had the 75 Krupp gun with a sloped shield and it looks squat with spoke wheels. Could you checkout the Company command and Mg pack for us to please.

Many Thanks again for the trouble you went too for me.

God Bless

Helen