Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:13:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686658
  • Total Topics: 118118
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Self Introducing  (Read 43579 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Self Introducing
« on: April 19, 2007, 09:17:23 AM »
Here's the self-introducing topic, if you like to introduce yourself, feel free to do it  :)

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
New Guy
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 02:37:29 PM »
In the spirit of the topic, and to avoid being labeled a nefarious spammer, I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Joey, aka Deathwing from the Miniatures Page, and I live close to Pete Murray stateside.  You'll see more of me later I promise.  Current projects are a Californian Bear Flag Empire VSF army, my homebrew modern zombie rules for .45 Adventure,  two cons games for Historicon using .45 Adventure and Gloire, my expanding Old West town of Perdition's Wake, various terrain projects, and Pirates.  So Hello.

Joey McGuire
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Self Introducing
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 03:36:59 PM »
And I'll jump in with the, hopefully, second post.

I'm Zac. I live in Vancouver BC (very far away from Salute and Anfield) where I spend far too much time in front of my computer both reading forums as well as working. I go by pixelgeek on pretty much every forum I am on.

I game in all sorts of genres but currently I am working on a set of Weird WWII rules for 28mm scale minis.

When not working I make occasional posts to my blog and I also run a small news site for tabletop gamers .

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
    • http://cursedtreasures.blogspot.com/
About me...
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 04:25:31 PM »
Well, I guess I should speak up and say something...

Well my name is Tim Kulinski  (go by TJSKI here & on other fourms) & I reside in the Valley of the Sunstroke (Phoenix Arizona). Havn't been here long, was rasied up in So California. Something interesting about me is that I have climbed many famous mountain ranges (Matterhorn, Splash mountain, Space mountain & Big Thunder Mountain) which means I worked for a mouse in Anaheim CA, a little rat hole place called Disneyland.

Anyhow, been a gamer for a long time & my current interests are Pulp, WW2 in 28mm (or is that now 1/56th scale??), WAB, and LotOW. And very soon you will be seeing some of my published work for a Pirate supplement basrd off of LotOW. (hint if you check out WI latest addition you will see the comming soon with the title). So it will be interesting how I will be looked at on this board since some folks have a distaste for the "Company that shall not be Named".

So there is a brief on who I am...

Tim kulinski (aka TJSKI)
"Leutant Kulinski, a rather inept commander"

Offline Mo

• Mad Scientist
    • Oddman Productions
Re: About me...
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 05:14:33 PM »
Quote from: "TJSKI"
So it will be interesting how I will be looked at on this board since some folks have a distaste for the "Company that shall not be Named"

That name holds no fear for me. I'll say it. 'Voldemort'!

Seriously, It doesn't matter who you work for. We won't hold it against you. Good luck with the book.

Marc
Fantastic Worlds: Pulp Action in the Far Reaches of Space
http://oddmanproductions.com

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Self Introducing
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 05:59:11 PM »
Is Warhammer Ancients considered part of the "Evil Empire"?

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
    • http://cursedtreasures.blogspot.com/
Self Introducing
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 06:06:08 PM »
Quote from: "pixelgeek"
Is Warhammer Ancients considered part of the "Evil Empire"?

I don't think so, but thats just me... 8)

TJSKI

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
Self Introducing
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 07:10:31 PM »
Considering I have three painted GW armies and another two waiting in the wings I really can't be counted among the haters. Though I find myself drifting more into other genres the older I get.

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
Self Introducing
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 09:10:07 PM »
Looking forward to seeing what you've done with LoTOW to make it more applicable to the Pirates Tim. I've played in a couple of the LoTOW campaigns at Warhammer world in Nottingham and really enjoyed them.  :mrgreen:
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline revford

• Mastermind
Self Introducing
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 09:37:20 PM »
Hello, this all sounds fun so I'll introduce myself properly here.

My name is Gav, I live in Bristol, England and I'm currently working on about a dozen gaming projects.  I've ended up starting a load more since coming here and getting inspired.

Currently the main project is Weird War II stuff, but on my painting table (which also has the computer helpfully) at the mo I have these projects inspired by my fellow Lead Adventurers:

Modern British Paras by TAG, for a Stargate game, I've got a dozen Jaffa finished already.

Foundry Victorians/Darkest Africa explorers, for some pulp fun, these I've had for ages but thread here has inspired me to remove them from the lead mountain and get them painted up and on the table.  Now I have some dinosaurs for them to hunt that is.

Two pigs and a plastic cannon that's been sawed in half, all bits from a charity shop very cheap.  They are for my communist weird war pig mortar.

Jacob Marley, from Artizan, he was a freebie with my last order of Thrilling Tales figures.

A couple of villains from Pulp Figures, the invisible man and the creeping skull.

Some Goblins and Uruk-hai for Lord of The Rings, also some spiders from Warhammer Quest, my token GW stuff.  :)

One Nazi zombie, from West Wind I was sent as a sample, it's great so I'll order a box of them next time I've got some toy soldiers money.

Last but not least, an SS Vampire and a man with an MG42 from BAM, in need of repairs as I'm a big clumsy git.  :(
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline tsar1701

• LPL Silver Medalist (S3), Bronze Medalist (S8)
  • Scientist
    • tsar's universe (in french)
Self Introducing
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 01:49:13 PM »
Hi,

I'm Chris aka NVC (Never Victorious Chris), I play (loose) since 1987, begining with warhammer and epic-space marine. I like historical and fantasy universes from 6mm to 28mm.
For the moment my interests are in the skirmish 28mm LotOW and Plup, and in Russian Cvil War 15mm.
Usually I'm playing 'little' GW games (Man O'War, Space Hulk, Blood Bowl etc)

I'm member of Frère d'Armes team: a french muliti-universe skirmish-level game.

My life projet is one day rolling dice on an other side than 1, and perhaps one day winning a game ... now I can say it: I'm an avatar of Larry Leadhead ;-)
N.V.C. (Never Victorious Chris)

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
Self Introducing
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 10:16:12 PM »

I'm Zac. I live in Vancouver BC (very far away from Salute and Anfield)
I game in all sorts of genres but currently I am working on a set of Weird WWII rules for 28mm scale minis.

to my blog and I also run a small news site for tabletop gamers .

Zac, hope to see those WW2 and Rocket Troops at Enfilade in Olympia, Washington in late May.  So I hope you'll be putting on a game or two.  If you've been attending that convention, you would have seen me helping with those monster War of Spanish Succession games that Ian Croxall put on in 2004 and 2006.

My name on forums is actually my name.  I live in the metropolitan area of Portland, Oregon.  I game primarilly in 28mm War of Spanish Succession, 28mm colonials, 28mm pirates, 20mm WW2 land, 15mm SYW, 1:300 scale WW2 air, and 1:2400 scale WW1 & WW2 naval.  But I'm relatively new to the miniatures hobby, only got into it about 5 years ago, so about 90% of what I've acquired is unpainted so far.  Fortunately I get to game with some guys who've been painting figures and making terrain for the last 30 years.
 :mrgreen:
Sailors have more fun!

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Self Introducing
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 11:20:11 PM »
Quote from: warrenbruhn

Zac, hope to see those WW2 and Rocket Troops at Enfilade in Olympia, Washington in late May.

I've emailed Allan about the event but I need to see what sort of shape my travel budget is in after I pay my taxes :-)

Offline elhiem

• Student
    • http://www.elhiemfigures.com
Self Introducing
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 01:05:51 PM »
My name is Matt, I live in Birmingham in England, I run Elhiem Figures and Lamercraft Figures, currently 20mm WW2 ranges.
I have a range of 20mm Zombies coming out and plan to expand into the gothic horror and Pulp fantasy as well.

Why 20mm? Mainly due to the wealth of cheap terrain that I can lay my hands on including cars and buildings not to mention the model train scenery!
We make 20mm Zombies http://www.elhiemfigures.com

Offline Ruarigh

• Librarian
    • The Ooh Shiny Complex
Self Introducing
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 09:41:33 PM »
Hi,

I am Ruarigh. I live near Hull in England. I got into gaming through D&D basic set back in the late 70s/early 80s. Can't really remember exactly when but that lead to 1:72 WW2 gaming and then 15mm scifi (Laserburn). Since then my interests have expanded to cover a wide variety of periods and scales. These days my main interests are gaming any period of Scandinavian history in a variety of scales, 15mm Laserburn (still), Urban War and 5150 in 28mm, and Wargods of Aegyptus, as well as pulp. My current goal is to marry up my Wargods campaign with my pulp game so that the former provides the legends for the archaeologists in the latter to discover. It would then be great to extend it into the present and the far future, probably using one of the THW rules sets, but that will have to wait until I have managed to get the 1920s/30s game going properly first.

Cheers,
Ruarigh
The greatest revenge you can have on a man that steals your wife is to let him keep her.