Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:51:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686591
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Self Introducing  (Read 43578 times)

Offline tbroadwater

• Librarian
Self Introducing
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 08:51:56 PM »
hello Darkoath, is seems you have a great collection and number of games on our hands. Nice to meet you!

I should have introduced myself here as well last week so here goes...

My name is Todd Broadwater and I live in Maryland between Baltimore and Washington DC. I have been painting on and off since 1988 and have done a good deal of Warhammer Fantasty and 40K but in recent years have moved away from that style to Gothic Horror and now I will be doing Pulp and some pirate themed miniatures. Occasionaly I pick up some of the Horde Circle of Oroboros boxes since I enjoy the sculpts and the werewolf theme so those might pop on here from time to time. And I am a huge fan of any underwater/aquatic themed miniatures.

As far as work and family, I have a wondefully interesting wife and two small girls who always ask me "why are you painting again?
HA.
I spent a few years in the early 1990's painting for the Maryland games workshop stores (catalogs and store display) and then went on to do toy design for the action figure industry. I have since moved into the gaming industry and have just moved from Bethesda to a another studio in Timonium.

In just a week or so, I have spoken with a great many of you and am thankful already for this board and your assistance and feeback!

Offline cmsciulli

• Librarian
  • Cowgirl in training
    • http://paintedpony.wordpress.com/
Self Introducing
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2007, 02:00:45 PM »
Hi, I'm Christin and I live in the US.

I became interested in gaming when my father started up his civil war collection and began gaming himself about 10yrs ago. . . . he needed someone to help him paint all that lead!

And ooooh so much lead there was- Civil War, Ancients, Napoleonics, Medieval, mostly 28mms.

We have since downsized the collection to focus on WWII and now, at my request, the American Old West  :)  We use the two hour wargames rule set to create our game scenarios and we throw some zombie invasions in for good measure too. . . ancient Indian burial grounds will do that!

I'm interested in developing my painting techniques and I'd like to start making my own terrain and buildings as well.

Nice forums here, so I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Cheers!
"You can't fight the desert... you have to ride with it."- Louis L'Amour

http://paintedpony.wordpress.com/

Offline lethallee61

• Scientist
Self Introducing
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 12:47:25 PM »
Hello All

Lee Sheppard is my name and I live in sunny Western Australia (although I was originally born in Wakefield, Yorkshire). I'm 46 and have been wargaming since I was 12. Started with Airfix soldiers and rules by Charles Grant. Moved away from wargaming for about 20 years as I became heavily involved in RPGs. Almost made a career out of my hobby, but that's a story for another day...

Got back into wargaming about 10 years ago through GW games. Still an active Warhammer player and tournament participant, but am also very interested in all genres listed in this forum. Currently painting up heaps of miniatures from Foundry and Copplestone and making lots of terrain so I can start my own Darkest Africa / Pulp campaign at my local gaming club.

This forum is like Christmas - so much to open and play with. Looking forward to a long stay and many contributions.

Merry pranks and jolly japes

Lethal
Enjoying the game is ALWAYS more important than winning the game.

Offline Spooner6wa

• Assistant
Self Introducing
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 10:36:53 PM »
Hello, I am Chris.  I am up in the Sunny Pacific Northwest.  I have only recently gotten in to the Back of Beyond/Pulp genre.  If I ever get a decent camera and learn to take pictures I may post them up here.  I personally love to see people’s pictures and battle reports.  I have combed through most of the lists for inspiration.

Thanks all and keep up the good work,
Chris
"I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early" - Charles Lamb

Offline puppetmaster

• Student
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 02:25:51 PM »
HI, names EM:=the puppetmaster, a new member from england, ramsgate,my interest are all types off miniatures, pulp gaming and the new game spinespur. well any way hope to have a good natter with you all in the near future, cheers em
OKAY OKAY,DON'T PANIC???,
i don't know where i am and i don't remember how i got here---

Offline Wargame4fun

• Student
My introduction
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 02:44:48 AM »
My name is Frank aka Wargame4fun. I have been wargaming for more years than I care to admit. I live in Pittsburgh PA and am a founding member of the Band of Gamers wargaming group. We are not a club but a bunch of friends who get together to game, paint, and sculpt. If you want to know what we are up to in the 'burgh, check our Yahoo group of the same name.

My favorite periods are many and varied with Ancients, ACW, and WWII the favorites. However, I have been doing a lot of Wild West and Zombie gaming recently. We use the Two Hour Wargame rule sets.

My number 1 daughter found this site and got me to join. She is the big Wild West fanatic that added another period to my habit. She is the painter and has several posts of her buildings.

We will be at Fall In this year gamemastering two Six Gun Sound games on Friday and a Classical Hack on Saturday.
It is better to have gamed and lost than to never have gamed at all.

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
Self Introducing
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 06:11:09 AM »
wellcome you all  I hope you guys have a lot of fun here .

Cheers Grimm

( Hmm I think the US guys overtake the forum  :D  :) )
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Dr Jones

• Assistant
Self Introducing
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2007, 07:44:39 AM »
Hi I'm Paul. I live in merry olde England. I just got back into wargaming after a break of many years. Used to play Games Workshop mainly (like many people) but have finally discovered the joys of other types of gaming.

At the moment I'm buying a lot of stuff from different manufacturers to see what I like but I'm about ready to launch into my first major project which I think will be Darkest Africa....but then there's pulp as well...and those pirates too....

Anyway, loving the idea of this forum and looking forward to chatting to you all.
"A wish?  Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

http://shelf-space.blogspot.com/

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Self Introducing
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2007, 07:53:21 AM »
Africa, Pirates, well, your heart's in the right place, welcome  :)

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Self Introducing
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
Hi

I'm Roger (aka Dodge) ,I live in Darkest Dorset UK, began wargaming  in the 80's with D&D then progressed to Warhammer Fanatasy battles, Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader and the subsequent rulesets. Had a break for kids and I'm back!

Got into back of beyond by tripping over an article in WI then buying some figures. Keep looking at Bob Murch's Pulp site and coveting those mini's.

Tripped over this site and thought wow. Two browses and I joined.

I just hope to learn and improve and share experiences.

Other interests are films, books and driving my wife nuts with this obsession I have with gaming.

Cheers

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Self Introducing
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2007, 11:01:51 AM »
Dodge and Dr Jones,

You are most welcome here :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Ginger

• Assistant
Self Introducing
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2007, 01:26:19 PM »
Hello all

Mousy sent me here a while back, and have been lurking for a long time now.

My interests, well what can you say, anything smaller than 40mm realy. I get a lot of enjoyment out of any 28mm skirmish games but do have a number of large 28 & 15 & 10 mm armies.

A few of you guys will know me from Steve Deans forum but as long as the rest of you dont listen to them I should be alright.

anyway back to work now, will try and get some pics posted later

Tim

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Self Introducing
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2007, 02:17:29 PM »
welcome, Tim  :)

Offline Arcticman

• Scientist
Self Introducing
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2007, 08:57:19 PM »
Hello everyone! Very Happy to be here. :D

My name is Eric, and I am a 40 year old wargamer/rpg:er from Sweden, who fought my first battle in 1973 with the old Airfix WWII figures.
I've mostly played with 15 mm DBA, ACW, Napoleonics. Later on FOW.
Last year I started painting 25/28 mm figs for skirmish games in FIW and Napoleonics.

This summer I've finally gone completely round the bend  :o
and have started Darkest Africa (still have the issues of Wargames Illustrated where they first appeared), Pirates, AWI and WWII in 28mm. The last one inspired by Matakishi and his wonderful Teahouse.
My first completed and based unit is in the Lead Painters League competition. As I complete units they will appear in coming rounds. I consider myself a newbie to serious painting and I still get that happy feeling when I accomplish something that I thought I'd never be able to do.

Looking at pictures of minis painted by all you great painters out there are
a great inspiration to me.  8)

Oh by the way, I have over 200 books on uniforms and weapons from the Stone Age to the Vietnam war, so if I can be of any assistance just ask and I'll try to find the info.

Cheers

Eric

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Self Introducing
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2007, 06:29:13 AM »
Hell, 200 books on uniforms?!? :o  envy...:) welcome, Eric!