Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: U.the Black Flag Question  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
U.the Black Flag Question
« on: April 26, 2007, 05:28:59 PM »
will there be rules for bizarre Weapons like these

ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:55:13 PM »
I want to know that, too. Among my Foundry pirates I have one with a grenade*, one with a big I-don't-know-what (either a grenade launcher or a swivel gun, I think) and one with a multibarreled gun (volley gun?).

There's a bunch of other rules I'm interested in seeing if UtBF contains, as well. Like swimming and stats for exotic animals (gators, monkeys, sharks etc).

* BTW, is a grenade the same thing as a belaying pin, aside from shape? Because Redoubt has some pirates with belaying pins.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 05:59:29 PM »
* BTW, is a grenade the same thing as a belaying pin, aside from shape? Because Redoubt has some pirates with belaying pins.

Nope, a belaying pin is a wooden peg which looked like a club, which was used to tie off rigging and ropes, ofeten used as an improvised cosh :)

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 06:05:35 PM »
Quote from: "Lowtardog"

Nope, a belaying pin is a wooden peg which looked like a club, which was used to tie off rigging and ropes, ofeten used as an improvised cosh :)

That makes sense. It looked like some kind of stick-shaped grenade to me, and the name made it sound like it's thrown at people to, you know... belay them  :lol:

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 06:26:13 PM »
Rhoderic, this is the best picture I could find, the one on the left shows how one looks whilst on the right shows a row in use.

Belay means stop or hold your position  :)

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 06:53:02 PM »
Well, blunderbusses are in the main rulebook, and there will be swivel guns (which are almost man-portable), but I haven't specifically laid out rules for duckfoot pistols or grenade launchers.

Let's do this:

Duckfoot Pistol: A duckfoot pistol is one with three or more barrels in a spreading arrangement with a common trigger and firing pan. The pistol may be used to target all models within 2"/5cm of a target point. EDIT: Treat reloading and cost as a "brace of pistols."

Grenade: Use rules for Type I explosives from the .45 Adventures rulebook. Grenades may be "purchased" for any model which can take a firearm. They cost 1 Ability Point per two Grenades.

Grenade Launcher: The grenade launcher may be used to fire grenades farther than a man can throw them. Use the range stats for the blunderbuss. A grenade launcher misfires on a To Hit roll or 2 or 3 and the shooter must take a full action to clear the jam before attempting to reload.  On a To Hit roll of 1, the grenade launcher explodes prematurely, centered on the firer. This weapon may be taken by any model which has already taken Grenades, for an additional +2 Ability Points.

Will that work?

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 08:05:52 PM »

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 08:42:31 PM »