Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:21:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689721
  • Total Topics: 118289
  • Online Today: 768
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Painted Pirates  (Read 3472 times)

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
    • http://cursedtreasures.blogspot.com/
Painted Pirates
« on: April 27, 2007, 04:39:58 PM »
Guys,

As some of you know I have been working on a rule set for Games Workshop that has to deal with Pirates. I just received a note from Rob Broom about painted pirates.

"Tim

We definitely need some really high standard painted pirates for some
close ups.

I will advise on a photo schedule once its worked out.

If all goes to plan, the book will come out at the start of October,
with a pre release for UK games Day, which is late September.

Kind regards

Rob"

I had approched Prof. & Tom M about this and we should be seeing some pirates from the Lead Adventurers Forum in the pages. I have been very impressed with some of the work I have seen on this forum (Dominic's Royal Naval Figs :o ).

So I'm just giving folks a heads up about painting schedule and about the release of "The book".

TJSKI
"Leutant Kulinski, a rather inept commander"

Offline cwchmc

• Scientist
Painted Pirates
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 04:55:21 PM »
Ok...i'm not real clear. Is it possible for others to try to get pix in the book? and if so, what do we need to do? I've got a bunch of pirates in the Q getting ready for Under the Black Flag and Legends of the High Seas. I'd gladly move them up for a chance to get pix of them published.

Chuck

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Painted Pirates
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 05:01:27 PM »
There is a large group of Pirate gamers on the Pirate wargames Yahoo group (damn all groups are down so cant give a link) this is headed up by John Carrol of TMP -OFM fame. There are some beautiful ships on that site, might be worth either putting a note on there or contacting a few off list :D

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
Painted Pirates
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 05:04:52 PM »
Quote from: "cwchmc"
Ok...i'm not real clear. Is it possible for others to try to get pix in the book? and if so, what do we need to do? I've got a bunch of pirates in the Q getting ready for Under the Black Flag and Legends of the High Seas. I'd gladly move them up for a chance to get pix of them published.

Chuck

Chuck,

Yes, just let me know what you have, the photo schedule has not been set yet (was supposed to be in March) but will be soon. Shoot me an e-mail or PM and we can talk. Since this will be for WHH, they are looking for nice quality for the books.

If your familiar with the LotOW books, I know we will need pics of the Hired Hands (Carpenter, Surgeon, cook, Island natives, Missionary, reg townsfolk, Mayor type, etc).

Just an FYI, the book will have three list in it (unless it is editied out) Pirates, Privateers & Royal Navy (which could be British, French, Dutch, Spanish, etc). there will also be a section for Non Player types like townsfolk, Island natives, garrisoned troops, etc). So painted figs of these would be helpful as well.

TJSKI

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
Painted Pirates
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »
Quote from: "Lowtardog"
There is a large group of Pirate gamers on the Pirate wargames Yahoo group (damn all groups are down so cant give a link) this is headed up by John Carrol of TMP -OFM fame. There are some beautiful ships on that site, might be worth either putting a note on there or contacting a few off list :D

On the list, & Have contacted a few of them as well :)

Problem is getting some of those ships across the pond. I know Rob has terrain & Ships covered, just looking for figs.

TJSKI

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Painted Pirates
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 06:21:21 PM »
I know not ideal as these guys are stateside but

Dan Martinez (Cacque carib) and Walter Morrison (elcid) are both avid WAB gamers and their natives are second to none. They are conversions to make your eyes water. They are Arawaks and Carib indians also Dan has Cimaroons which are superb. I dont know of anyone else who has these however the Copplestone Tupi and botocudo could be press ganged into service.

Dans Cimaroon figures are here:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/daniel.martinez1@sbcglobal.net/album/576460762384445175

the indians are  on the Practical solder Yahoo group.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Painted Pirates
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 06:38:42 PM »
Lowtardog, do you know if any of those are the Foundry Cimaroons (the ones that are apparently available, just not listed in the webstore)? I seem to recall it was CC who first caught onto them.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Painted Pirates
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 12:26:29 AM »
Rhoderic, some are whilst others are conversions he did himself. He made a little model of a Morion helmet and then caste it up himself and added them to some of the African warriors form foundry. Other things like soft hats, clothing he added also.