Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:56:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Resin Terrain for WW1 Trenches  (Read 93248 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Resin Terrain for WW1 Trenches
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 08:46:17 PM »
Not familiar with Conflix, good work on the Death Korps of Krieg.  Or Death Korps esque. 

At first I thought they were (Mutant Chronicles) Warzone Bauhaus troops - but now I think only the heads are - and maybe put on IG bodies...?  :o  8)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Muskie

• Scientist
  • Purple and Green are the only colours you need.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 04:26:23 AM »
They are converted GW figs, at least some of them.  I'm no IG expert.  GW used to make a lot of different Imperial Guard units they look a bit like Steel Legion or Praetorians...  or Deth Korps as I first guessed.

I bought a lot of resin WW1-esque battlefield terrain.  I like SnapDragon but he's not producing the vast amount of stuff he was.  I got some SnapDragon pieces on my painting table right now.  I'll have them done in a day or so, so you can see them painted up.  I'm doing a whole WW1 inspired modular trench table right now.  I'm using Styrofoam and Popsicle sticks as well as sand, grit, cat liter, even some cork as my main medium, but I bought a pile of resin terrain to scatter about and augment/supplement the scratch built stuff.  You can follow along at the blog I set up.

http://musksminiatures.wordpress.com/category/terrain/trench-table/

Offline Muskie

• Scientist
  • Purple and Green are the only colours you need.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 11:24:45 PM »
I finished painting two Snapdragon entrenchments.  At the time I did my online shopping and research I thought these were the nicest.  He's since stopped making them, but I paid the piper and ordered a bunch before then.  These are the first two I've painted so far:

They are of course part of my modular trench table linked to above.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 08:00:06 AM »
Barry Carter = Timeline Miniatures:

http://timeline-miniatures.co.uk/

Keith :D

Just by way of an update, Timeline appear to be basically out of business currently.

I tried to order a load of their resin pieces (stone walls, mostly) around September this year, their site took my order, Paypal worked, then about two weeks later I got an email saying there would be a delay. A month or so after that I got an email saying their scheme to move production to Thailand was foundering on shipping costs being far higher than they expected or similar, would I like a refund?

The refund came through fairly promptly, and I asked Barry to let me know when he got his issues sorted out and resumed shipping product, as I still wanted the stone walls and such.

Never have heard back from him. Note that the last update on their website appears to be from 2009, and also talks about the Thailand-based scheme having issues, so who knows what is actually going on there.

Pity, as the trench inserts do look good, as do the various stone walls. I'd spend a pretty good chunk of money with Timeline, if only they were in position to actually ship product. I am disappointed they haven't updated the website, disabled the shopping cart or anything to actually note BEFORE you make a purchase that they're not able to actually ship product. Communication was OK throughout and the refund came through reasonably quickly, but I'd rather have gotten the scenery I wanted...

Offline Jim French

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »
IT Figures are excellent!  They fit the old Snapdreagon trench system very well. 
I inherited some of the Ironclad trench system and had a little of my own.  It is nice too.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 03:03:10 AM »
IT Figures are excellent!  They fit the old Snapdreagon trench system very well.  
I inherited some of the Ironclad trench system and had a little of my own.  It is nice too.

The only IT MIniatures stuff I can find is 20mm; do they make 28mm trench scenery as well? (http://www.itminiatures.co.uk/it-fort-1.html)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:16:40 AM by Wirelizard »

Offline isaanmini

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 11:40:26 PM »
I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I AM VERY SORRY To all those who showed interest in and who have felt let down by myself and Timeline-Miniatures...................To cut a long story short the move to Thailand turned into a nightmare as far as production of the trench system was concerned.
Anyway I am at present rebuilding the models and planning production in the UK.
I will be concentrating on the inserts,which can be used to detail trenches built with polystyrene,whether "dug" into the material or made to stand on the table surface, independantly and also adding a few new pieces to the range
Because much of the original material has survived and having found mould making and production facilities ,it shouldnt take too long to get into production...............I wont give any dates at the moment, you've heard it all before...........so I will post on here as and when items can be bought

Barry

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 09:06:31 PM »
Barry,

great news! Your trench inserts are really good  ;)

Offline isaanmini

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »
Thankyou
The problem has been the manufacturing and sales.
unfortunately I am not a good businessman
I am not going to say too much ,as I said I will wait till its available for sale, but I am contracting out the mould making and casting to a UK firm......so fingers crossed

Barry

Offline isaanmini

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 02:54:14 PM »
Hi
just to let you know that some pieces of the Timeline-miniatures trench system are now at the production moulding stage and the first pieces will be for sale in the not too distant future.....probably on here first as the website is being rebuilt
regards
Barry....

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 01:26:04 AM »
Never done WW1 before but good to hear you are hopefully soon back in business.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Lostman

• Assistant
    • http://glynrr.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 10:34:52 AM »
My son  had his new 15mm trench set out at Warfare 2012 and sold out over that weekend .Hes run off a second batch now in black resin and there are now some on my http://glynrr.blogspot.co.uk/
Had great fun in designing and making the master for him (Elite Wargames and Models) now looking at 15mm houses as my next project
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:22:50 AM by Lostman »
Only the enemies figures are in the front of you now a good time to get some good dice throws

Offline tim at frontline

• Librarian
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 10:57:09 PM »
Here are a couple of pic's of our trench system from the IT miniatures range.
[/URL]
[/img]
[/URL]
[/img]

Offline tim at frontline

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
Messed that up yet again. Lets try this one

second time lucky

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 01:40:18 AM »
Paul from EWM recently passed me along some photos of the newest additions to his growing 20mm Trench System.

The pieces in the shots below have just gone into production and I believe were unveiled this past weekend at EURO MODEL EXPO 2013 in Germany. No doubt Paul will announce their availability and possible promotional pricing via the EWM website... The selection of pieces already available as of this posting is impressive and worth checking out.

The EWM Trench System is designed to be held together with rare-earth magnets to create sturdy, good looking terrain that is also easy to store.

These are large pieces of vacuum-formed polystyrene and come with additional white-metal bits for added detail and customisation. These are designed for the 20mm gamer, and typical 'penny basing' is part of the plan. If you use a 19mm base for your minis, you will have no problems positioning your figures in the trenches or on the firing steps.

I gave EWM's line of 'Vac-Formed' terrain a go and found it well detailed and easy to work with. You could use these 'as is', or take the time to cut them into a deeper terrain-tile. Vacuum formed terrain like this is terrifically light-weight, the pieces I ordered cost very little in terms of postage to Canada.

These newly released pieces allow for an extensive and flexible trench-works with the addition of a communication trench and a broader selection of 'in' and 'out' turns.

While I would be tempted to use these for my Eastern Front gaming, they also make a WWI project look a lot easier to contemplate!
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!