Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:26:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Opposition groups for my Pulp Adventurers  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
Opposition groups for my Pulp Adventurers
« on: January 20, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »
Spent a day painting with short breaks and pushed many WIPs along:

http://armoredink.blogspot.com/2010/01/painting-wips.html

Finished off my lot of adventurers the other day, time to crank out some opposition, hence the south sea pirates, unknowable daper gentlemen and gang of multishot weapon thugs. So, preparing for another day of painting while tossing dvds into the 73" telly. Hope to have all these fellows done and boxed so I can get on with more encounter boards.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:56:20 PM by Alfrik »
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

former user

Re: Opposition groups for my Pulp Adventurers
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:37:35 PM »
did I mention that You have a very distinctive style?

never mind, I guess it is not redundant to mention that I like it  :)

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 10:48:20 PM »
Yeah I like it to. You have a direct painting style and I like the muted tones, and really nice colour sense. The overall effect looks really nice.
Really like the basing too, are they laser cut steel squares you're putting the figures onto? Simple but nice.

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 02:47:22 AM »
Bases are metal cut 20mm x 20mm by BASE STANDS in their Accesories line, which covers metal bases in half inch to about 4 inch square bases in inches and mm's. Also cavalry bases in both scales. Precut, though I tend to test and take a file to edge that still seems overly rough. Paint method is scatter light colors, then either a tiny shade darker wash or med color wash. Dabs of about 7 colors of water base hobby paints, I mix and blend as I go on about 10 figs at a time. The dreary part is scattering the light tones to begin :).

Bases are covered with brushable caulking / textured, spread with a coffee stick trimmed to a long point. When dry, part dab on, part wash the "dirt" color on, then while still wet dab a secondary color here and there, maybe add a bit of water to help it all bleed together here and there. Bits of grass and rocks added individually.

And there you have it.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 11:51:21 AM »
Certainly a rough bunch of evil doers. Perfect!
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 04:33:24 AM »
Where are your adventures set, geographically speaking?  I'm thinking West Wind's Chaos in Cairo offered some packs that would give you other possible opposition.  The French Foreign Legion pack is nice.  That Servants of Sith pack also seems cool.  I think it was West Wind that did a line of zombie wars packs that included one of heavilly armed rednecks and another of motorcycle cops, both of which you can find inspiration for near Sacramento.  I can't remember seeing your group of adventurers, so I don't know if these suggestions are way off base or not.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 04:51:45 PM »
My pulp genre runs along an altered time line of : US west coast never got transcontinental railroad built when government found out about the true cost thur sierra's and that the gold rush was a bust, so west coast stays about 1860s tech, East coast is full of Sparks and its tech has pushed to about 1925. So I combine "wild west" meets Mr Tommy Gun type of games. Cool professional gunslingers vs Blast Away Guys". "Destroy the Monster, Save the Girl!" words to live by!

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 05:04:02 AM »
These guys...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1HIvIlQf4-o/S1c4UEEtwxI/AAAAAAAAAz0/OIhLJIGJQgw/s1600-h/INK+BLOT+Pics+158.jpg
Need to be facing a older gent with an elephant rifle and an uncanny marksmanship talent!
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

former user

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 05:06:48 AM »
this is a fascinating idea
and where is not-Hollywood then?
and who's doing the laundry in the east?
West Coast as outback - nice  :)

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 05:55:34 AM »
Perhaps the Barbary coast Tong Gangs are infiltrating the east coast with their tong controled laundries? Possibly northern california and oregon will form an Empire under Emperor Norton! hmmm.... I have to much time to think up this stuff :)

former user

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 06:00:29 AM »
maybe still some federal-confederate guerilla fighting?

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 02:54:15 PM »
For genre setting forgot to mention that the civil war ends but the a lot of the southern fighting forces scatter and regroup to Texas which (its in the state constitution..) leaves the Union a year after the fighting stops, Invades norther mexico to the pacific along with Cuba, giving a southern power struggle area, a Hot bed of all around no goodness as control is erratic, slavery rampant in parts as the central Texan Government doesnt really control the roving Task Forces. All sorts of looting and "exploring" turn up great Archelogical sites, strange monuments etc.

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 05:28:05 PM »
That is some site you have there.  Thanks.
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!