Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:41:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zombi pirates ?  (Read 4092 times)

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
Zombi pirates ?
« on: May 04, 2007, 04:28:32 AM »
Who make good Zombi pirates ?
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline zbyshko

• Scientist
Re: Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 04:38:07 AM »
hey grimm

Quote from: "Grimm"
Who make good Zombi pirates ?

good is a relative term i suppose.  right now i can only think of skeleton pirates.  but i looked at the Frother's Pirate Showcase http://www.frothersunite.com/files/wk/sc/pirates/pirates1/pirates.htm and it says Eureka has some zombie pirates.  i believe they had been redone, so the "good" label may or may not apply.

ralph
\"I drank WHAT!?!\" - Socrates

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 07:12:04 AM »
Privateer Press has several undead Pirate miniatures

Revenant Crew
http://www.privateerpress.com/WARMACHINE/gallery/default.php?level=picture&id=60

Risen
http://www.privateerpress.com/WARMACHINE/gallery/default.php?level=picture&id=350

Although the Risen are more skeletons than Zombies

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 09:05:13 AM »
The Old Glory pirates are very good, I think from memory (sorry sold mine) that there are 25-27 in the pack and out of them aroud 20 are unique. They appear to have been done by different sculptors and I did wonder if some were made by 4 colour figs as they are very nice. :)

Pappa Midnight has them I think, certainly he would be better qualified tha I  :freak:

Offline zbyshko

• Scientist
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:10:08 AM »
Quote from: "Lowtardog"
The Old Glory pirates are very good, ...

i just went searching Old Glory website; LOTS of pirates but i didn't see any zombie pirates.  do you know of a product code?

and while we search, Grimm: do you mean "true zombies" as in some rotten flesh still clinging to the bone, internal organs trying to be external organs, clothes in tatters type or will skeletons in a Long John Silver costume suffice?

if the former - as i suspect you wish for - perhaps the Old Glory Pirates would fit the bill with some...modification: making some wounds, twisting legs around at painful angles, some putty in the shape of a liver or spleen coming out of the gut.  well at that point, maybe sculpting our own would be a thought?  :D

i suppose it would be a cop-out, perhaps downright cheating to get a box of GW zombie and Empire Militia/Free Company (whatever they call those damn things now) and mix and match heads and hands and such.  i may have a few in the basement left over to try that. (please don'y hit me!?!   :cry:    :lol:  )

ralph

EDIT: found it!  Product ID: OGP-33 Ghostly Pirates.  says 30 figures, and they looks dead, but still have some meat on the bones!  :freak: and at $41.00 seems a little steap - but that does make it $1.37 a pirate ... hmm.  how many were you looking for and when?  i don't need 30 and i'll be shopping at Old Glory's booth during Historicon in July...we could work out something maybe.[/i]

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 11:23:12 AM »
http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=OGP%2D33

Eureka has got skeletal pirates in addition to the zombies
http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=87_126_178&products_id=2088
http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=87_126_170&products_id=2030

I do have all of the above.  Let me know if you want pictures.  (Only managed to paint the eureka zombies though...)

Reaper has got some skeletal pirates as well.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 11:47:02 AM »
Moonlight Miniatures also has some skeletal pirates.  http://moonlightmini.com/. I used some of them for my Historicon game. They are definitely on the big side, but lots of fun poses.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 01:55:53 PM »
moonlight has got two ranges, one is bigger.

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »
I've got the Old Glory one's which I believe are called "Ghostly Crew".
They are little on the big side but there are some good variations and "Character" zombies.
The down side is they come only in a set of 30!

Regards
PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 05:05:21 PM »
Man, you want to see some zombies? really? ask Pappa, he has them all  :lol:

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 05:13:07 PM »
and painted some more...  productive fella...   :twisted:

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 02:42:31 AM »
What's wrong with a bag of 30?  You need that many just to crew a ghostly ship!  ...and that is a very cheap price.  It's especially cheap if you are an Old Glory Army member.  And if you are a member, you get the special pirate figures with the membership that are worth almost the price of the membership.  From a company like Reaper, you would pay $40 for 10 figures!

Note that this bag of 30 ghostly pirates are the same ones that are included with the "Black Cutlass" resin ship.

Speaking of Reaper, I've got a few ghoulish pirates with skin on them from the Ratzig faction.  They are decent, but much more expensive than the Old Glory pirates.  I think they are meant to be novice recruit skeletal pirates who are too new to the skeletal Ratzig faction to have lost all their skin.  They are probably supposed to be rated as green in combat.
 :mrgreen:
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 08:47:41 AM »
Pappa Midnight - Very nice figures and the buildings look great too. You sure have an awesome collection :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
Zombi pirates ?
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 10:44:37 AM »
the problem with the old glory 30 is that you end up overloaded with captain looking minis.  esp when some of the more characterful ones are doubled or even tripled, you don't really want a second one that looks the same in the same crew.  still the price is reasonable even if you throw them away or just ebay the duplicates.