Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:02:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters' League - Season Four  (Read 120619 times)

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: The Lead Painters' League - Season Four
« Reply #450 on: April 25, 2010, 09:05:25 AM »
Well done to all you chaps who got news rounds in, whether for each one or just a couple  :D

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #451 on: April 25, 2010, 02:45:04 PM »
I don't believe the time but that is my entry just away.
Now off to bed.
I won't know what to do with my self tomorrow no painting for the LPL will be strange.

Oh yes. 10th entry sent in last night and confirmed today. I feel empty. Usually (as in "for the last 10 weeks") at this time I'd be assembling and basing some new stuff. Now it's just a cup of coffee and the completed round 10 entry on my otherwise cleaned desk.

So, 10 entries, ~70 minis and things, done. My lead balance for this year is positive. I don't know if that has ever happened before. Plenty of Strange Aeons stuff finished and instantly tested on the gaming table. This last round was a bit evil as I got ill last weekend and the entry took quite a lot of work, but it turned up OK after all.

After the coffee, I'll visit the post office and pick up the paints I thought I'd need for this round. Actually, I didn't, and there was no time to get them until now because I was painting. Oh the irony.  ;D

Offline Raz

• Scientist
« Reply #452 on: April 25, 2010, 05:16:47 PM »
My lead balance for this year is positive. I don't know if that has ever happened before.

Same here. It feels really great to have finished so much stuff.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #453 on: April 26, 2010, 01:13:43 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemans..Round 10! 30 replacements.

Good luck to you all :)

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #454 on: April 26, 2010, 04:24:09 AM »
Before I go looking at Round 10 entries, I'd like to thank everyone for another excellent season!
Thanks for sharing some great ideas.
Special thanks to the Prof.  Cheers.
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #455 on: April 26, 2010, 07:17:32 AM »
As always, I've very much enjoyed the LPL, although only as a spectator this time.  Thank you, Prof, for doing it, and thanks to all the contestants for your CRAZY hard work.  I would say that you make my Monday mornings enjoyable, but I always feel compelled to stay up late Sunday night to see the entries.   :)

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #456 on: April 26, 2010, 07:36:54 AM »
It was a highly enjoyable event and I`ll certainly will be back next year.

I`m glad I could `warm up` (read: nag their ears of with whining) that I could convince two other Tin Soldiers of Antwerp blokes to also participate (Northstar and Andy0476) to battle our growing lead and plastic piles, and will try to get out number of players to at least 5 next year (not to overrun the competition, but to see more and more finished models appear on our tables).

Some of my conclusions:

* I did a lot better then expected (I aimed at 2 wins and 250 points total)
* Managed to enter something fresh (and 9 / 10 new) entries each weak, though sometimes it was touch and go
* Finally have a reason to upgrade my camera to more megapixels as the old bess has trouble focussing
* Collage, background and titel my entries next year (I misinterpretted the no work on pics rule, thought it was literally no touching of any kind)
* Put my droid avatar hidden in each entry next year

Great initiative and many congratulations to all those hard working painters out there, we might not (well, some that is) win Golden Demon, we painted more models in 10 weeks then those do over their whole career  lol ... then again, they probably did sleep the past months.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #457 on: April 26, 2010, 07:52:47 AM »
An amazing week on the LPL. I don’t think I have ever seen so many close matches. :o :o
Great work by everyone.
It has been a great competition again this year. Thanks for all the hard work running it.
Looking forward to next year already. I think I will need to do some planning for next year though, maybe even a bit of preparation before the competition actually starts, and hopefully it won’t be the struggle it has been this year.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #458 on: April 26, 2010, 08:53:32 AM »
Before I go looking at Round 10 entries, I'd like to thank everyone for another excellent season!
Thanks for sharing some great ideas.
Special thanks to the Prof.  Cheers.

Managing the LPL *and* participating myself, and at that level!, is definitely much more than I could handle. Bravo, Alex!

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #459 on: April 26, 2010, 09:24:34 AM »
Managing the LPL *and* participating myself, and at that level!, is definitely much more than I could handle. Bravo, Alex!

Absolutely agree with what he said!  If there was an applause icon it would be appearing now.  :D

Also, a well done to all who have participated - both for painting and for voting.  :)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #460 on: April 26, 2010, 09:34:28 AM »

Quite!

I managed a few teams last time round when I was running the league, and it nearly killed me! I reckon setting up the matches, loading up the matches, dealing with all the correspondence, doing all the record keeping, posting results etc etc, is a good 8 - 10 hours work each week, for 10 weeks. Doing all that whilst getting an entry of your own ready every week is ball-breaking. Alex, you can't have slept much over the last few weeks!

But congratulations on running another fantastic show  :)

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #461 on: April 26, 2010, 01:00:33 PM »
We really are finishing in a fine style... :) People really pulled out all the stops and we have some beautiful entries and excellent close match-ups for the final round. Congratulations to everyone who participated this year (both entering and voting) and a huge round of applause for the Prof!
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Andy0476

• Scientist
    • Creepy Corridor
« Reply #462 on: April 26, 2010, 02:36:03 PM »
Despite the fact that I could not enter anything new for the last rounds I found the whole league very motivating to paint ! I learned a lot by looking at the other entries and reading the comments.

Next year I will be back and I'm hoping that you guys will see some improvement in my entries  ;)

A big thank you to the Prof for all his hard work !
25-28mm Pulp / 40K / Babylon 5 : ACTA / Full Thrust / Boardgames / 28mm WWII / Mordheim

Offline Tacgnol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #463 on: April 27, 2010, 10:37:03 AM »
I had loads of fun. It did wonders for my motivation and I think I'm a better painter now than when I started, although not by much! If I hadn't been going through such a busy, stressful time I'd have had a new entry in every week. Roll on next year!

Offline JMGraham

• Librarian
« Reply #464 on: April 28, 2010, 11:08:40 PM »
To call this whole affair inspiring would be a gross understatement.  I've enjoyed the heck out of it, and am in awe at the sheer level of creativity and skill displayed by this community.  I'm already thinking about the next one!

Jim