Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:25:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Spanish Civil War Queries Tips & Resources  (Read 102282 times)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Re: SCW Uniform help please - Fuerzas Regulares Indígenas (Moroccans)
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2010, 06:40:09 AM »
I'll go along with everything else that has been posted so far and Plynkes' illustration should see you right, even down to the European officer that has been almost chopped off.

Offline RJ

• Scientist
    • http://rjpainting.blogspot.com/
Re: SCW Uniform help please - Fuerzas Regulares Indígenas (Moroccans)
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2010, 07:16:55 AM »
Amazing pic plynkes! Exactly what the mini looks like.

Thank you all for your help, i may be back with more questions...  ::)
Check out my blog here:

http://rjpainting.blogspot.com/

Accepting painting comissions

Offline hoplite

• Assistant
Re: Spanish Civil War Queries Tips & Resources
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
The Yahoo Group SCW20 is a Great place for a resource on the Spanish Civil War.

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2011, 08:11:36 AM »
What a great thread!
"Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2011, 11:38:13 AM »
There's hardly any difference between the Moroccan Regulars (Regulares de Marruecos) and the Ifni Sharpshooters (Tiradores de Ifni) except for the color of the distinctives which were red and later (1937?) light blue.
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 06:59:55 AM »
The Spanish newspaper ABC has put its issues from 1903 to date online here. Although regarded as a 'right-wing' daily, the Madrid office was taken over by the Republic (Seville by the Nationalists, so there were two opposing issues a day). It's obviously in Spanish, but there are some great pictures and there is a search function to the lower right hand side.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2012, 03:17:44 PM »
I don't know if it will be any use to anyone, but I've added some SCW notes to my blog. They're packed full of detail and info (perhaps too much), that I've gathered over the years. It is as correct as my research has allowed me to be, but any input is of course welcome.

There's also a three part background history overview on the causes of the conflict, which may also be of interest and which starts here.

It doesn't go into the war itself at present, other than the first few days. I'm pacing myself.  :D

Edit: Due to difficulties with page allowances etc, all the SCW stuff on the Blog has now been converted to posts, all accessible from the index bar on the right.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 06:11:00 PM by Arlequín »

Offline Florida Tory

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »
Thanks for posting that. It is of great interest as is your previous three-part background history. It was one of the posts I found linked through LAF that convinced me of the value of signing on.

Rick
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:02:55 PM by Florida Tory »

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2012, 05:22:03 PM »
Excellent and bookmarked  ;)

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2012, 07:13:17 PM »
Indeed an excellent blog Arlequin! Thanks very much!

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
Thanks folks... and I've fixed the links I scuppered by changing the domain name... doh!  ::)

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »
I don't know if it will be any use to anyone, but I've added a SCW Page to my blog. It's packed full of detail and info (perhaps too much), that I've gathered over the years. It is as correct as my research has allowed me to be, but any input is of course welcome.

There's also a three part background history overview on the causes of the conflict, which may also be of interest and which starts here.

It doesn't go into the war itself at present, other than the first few days. I'm pacing myself.  :D

Really useful, particularly with the organisations. Thanks for that.

Offline KingKobra

• Lurker
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2013, 09:37:10 AM »
Hi there,

I recently joined this forum when I started reading (and eventually playing) "Chain of Command", using it for the SCW. On the TooFatLardies-Yahoo-Group, there are two lists, both for militia and the Army of Africa. I can't seem to find lists for other troops, though. Does anyone know of any such lists (especially the italian CTV)?

Thanks,
Frank

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »
Hi Frank,

Bearing in mind that CoC hasn't been out long, the SCW lists are still being worked on by the guy who did the two lists you refer to.. if they are the ones I'm thinking about anyway. As you will appreciate, getting them right involves a fair degree of research and if they are to be 'unique' rather than just borrow 'special bits' from the WW2 Army lists, those elements need play testing too.

I can assure you though that they are being worked on as we speak.  :)

There will be lists for the main protagonists for 1936 immediately and not just generic 'Republican' and 'Nationalists' ones... which means that the EPR and the CTV are a little down the line... the CTV being the hardest, as the Italians re-organised between the CTV's deployment to Spain and WW2, so most of the info will need tracking down, rather than being cribbed from the WW2 organisations that can be found elsewhere... even if they themselves are conflicting!  

Obviously if anyone does have links to anywhere dealing with the CTV (in English, Spanish or Italian), which might help in this, please put them up here.

Welcome to the forum btw!  :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:03:02 AM by Arlequín »

Offline KingKobra

• Lurker
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2013, 11:37:01 AM »
Thanks!

I did not want to rush things, I just figured out I couldn't do it on my own. Maybe I should get the appropriate supplements for T&T or DH and tweek them a bit.

For the CTV, they might share some organisational form with the troops in Abyssinia. No support lists or national characteristics, though.