Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:20:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690802
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mongrel Miniatures - Gone but not forgotten...  (Read 6456 times)

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
  • Z List Wargames Industry Celebrity
Mongrel Miniatures - Gone but not forgotten...
« on: January 25, 2010, 09:09:41 PM »
Can someone let me know of a source for Mongrel Miniatures? I bought quite a few Brits and Spetsnatz a few years back an like them a lot. Now, after similar figures to Brit infantry but in berets with SLR's, etc. Need enough to make a decent set of 1970's UNIT troopers and also want to paint a set up for my dad who once served in 'Boot Troop/The Rock Apes' of the Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry.

Do not mind if they are sourced from beyond the shores of Blighty.

Any ideas? Or similar figures that will do the job?
Remember: the dice are not your friends!

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
Re: Mongrel Miniatures - Gone but not forgotten...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 09:29:52 PM »
I could be wrong, but word on the street was that these might become available again - maybe this year. Perhaps not gone forever.
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 09:39:50 PM »
TMP suggests the whole thing has moved to the US but shows are mentioned - does anyone have a source to confirm that they are back?

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »
The best thing to do is to e-mail crouchie or hoping that Paul hicks (who attend this forum) will read the thread. LAst Time I spoke with Ian (partizan 2009) he show me some new stuff (US SOF) and I bought some african regulars. Ian has always been very nice and helpful.

The problem is that the new owner seems to be a bit reclusive and uncooperative...
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Paul Hicks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 10:03:48 PM »
Hello I have Ben talking with Ben the owner and things are moving along nicely and MM will be at shows this year.

Paul

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 10:06:15 PM »
Thanks, would mostly like some of the figs to go with the Saracen APC I just got from the diecast bit of ebay. I idea is to paint it all up as my dad's platoon and give it to him for his birthday. He was only in the TA but still misses it all these years later (he had to give it up in the early '80's after a motorbike crash). As he was the driver of the Saracen and my uncle was the commander, these were good times for him. Always used to love the bits of training he would talk about - my favourite was the training they had in Recon, go out, find the russians, tell everyone else, slow them down a bit, die with your boots on! Average life expectancy when 'the balloon went up' - 2 days. Old school army for an old school war...

Plus my BTD Brigadier Lethbridge-Stuart needs some chaps to pot some Daleks!

Anyone out there, let me know, Mongrel figures were spot on for both of these ideas

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 10:10:09 PM »
Sorry, was typing reply to last post - is that UK shows? I should be at Salute, helping out a mate with stall, etc. If a rep from Mongrel is there, they can pop over to our hotel and i'll buy them a pint or two.

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »
Paul,

your news are very very welcome, I was thinking about some more ruskies and brits... plus if you latest afghan and the good guys will be released...

Offline Paul Hicks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 11:10:17 PM »
UK shows for sure. And as for Mongrel Rep I will wait untill I get the all clear from Ben before I let on who will be the show rep. As for buying a pint both myself and Ben will be at Salute this year:)

Paul

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 09:40:26 AM »
UK shows for sure. And as for Mongrel Rep I will wait untill I get the all clear from Ben before I let on who will be the show rep. As for buying a pint both myself and Ben will be at Salute this year:)

Paul

Any chance of an appearance at Triples?

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 10:59:10 AM »

Paul

Good news Paul I had given them up for lost which would have been a crying shame...now they need to get those Taliban figures released pronto :D

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 08:51:58 PM »
Good to know p - will try to tear myself away from the stall / game I am helping out on at Salute long enough to 'dab in'.

Regards Taliban figs - The Assault Group have some nice ones, which I aonly remembered when I opened a drawer full of unpainted lead! And I still buy more!

Thanks to all for the assist, nice to be part of a helpful Forum

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 12:44:17 PM »
he show me some new stuff (US SOF) 

I'm intrigued,what sort of  new figures did you get to see? I got all excited about the Congo range but it came to nothing. A few excellent packs but nothing extensive.
Very dissapointing.

I'd be interested to know what stuff might be in the pipeline.I would have liked to see 80's U.S. infantry in Fritz helmets for Grenada and some Rangers and SEALS for the same period would have been great.

Mongrel was such a great company, the lack of activity or word is very frustrating. :-[ 
"Morning!"

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 01:02:29 PM »
I'm intrigued,what sort of  new figures did you get to see? I got all excited about the Congo range but it came to nothing. A few excellent packs but nothing extensive.
Very dissapointing.

I'd be interested to know what stuff might be in the pipeline.I would have liked to see 80's U.S. infantry in Fritz helmets for Grenada and some Rangers and SEALS for the same period would have been great.

Mongrel was such a great company, the lack of activity or word is very frustrating. :-[ 

I beleive there was some talk (and sculpting I think) of some Modern US troops. There are greens of more modern Taliban/Afghan figures which are on the Yahoo group for over a year so must be to oppose these.

I am not sure if the Yanks are Mr Hicks sculpts though as I know the Cold Weather Commandoes were done by a different sculptor

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 01:18:11 PM »
Ahh thanks Lowtardog! I would love to see some quality modern U.S.in 28mm. All the ones on the market at the moment leave me cold.

TAGs British are excellent but their U.S. are far too chunky. Eureka's are ok but probably quite small.

Come on Mongrel! Sort yasel oot! Lets have some modern U.S. from mister Hicks.

*nice to see Gilbert again!* :)