Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:31:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Gang creator?  (Read 3358 times)

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
Gang creator?
« on: January 26, 2010, 08:42:22 PM »
Just finished the rules (twice). I'm excited about buying up the figs for the existing range, but I'm already thinking of gangs outside the scope of the rules. Might I inquire how the point system works so I can build my own gangs?
The post 1957 apocalyptic world needs:
Hillbilles (and their mutated progeny)
Saucer Men
Illinois Nazis (God I hate Illinois Nazis)
Average Citizens
Gangsters
and there's gotta be a Mad scientist and his robots somewhere...
-J

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Re: Gang creator?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 08:48:41 PM »
Just finished the rules (twice). I'm excited about buying up the figs for the existing range, but I'm already thinking of gangs outside the scope of the rules. Might I inquire how the point system works so I can build my own gangs?
The post 1957 apocalyptic world needs:
Hillbilles (and their mutated progeny)
Saucer Men
Illinois Nazis (God I hate Illinois Nazis)
Average Citizens
Gangsters
and there's gotta be a Mad scientist and his robots somewhere...

I don't think Lon is going to release the super-secret point cost formula, however, I can tell you that some of the things on your list above are already in the pipeline... and the only hint I will give is that there will be a moonshine rule. :)
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:48:27 PM »
I'm in two minds on this... part of me is saying I'd like the points system, but if there was to be an archetypes book as an expansion, like with .45 Adventure, then that would probably work for me too.

Let's face it, while there will be an 'official' line of factions, supported by Brigade's figure releases, quite a few folk will be wanting to develop their own setting, factions etc. They'll also be dropping some official factions if it doesn't fit into their world view of the game. I think I'd prefer at least an outline points system so as to widen my scope a little... my 10c worth anyway.

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »
moonshine rule !!! Hill Billys!!
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »
moonshine rule !!! Hill Billys!!

I'm sure this will work for my Cajun folk too  ;)

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 07:11:18 PM »
Cajun folk ? do you think about a swampland Atomic cafe ? have a look at the Brigade games voodoo zeds
http://www.brigadegames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=BGHMCE

and you need a swampthing Mutant to go with gatorboy and creature from the black l.  (if you ask me ) .

Grimm

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 08:46:23 PM »
I'm in two minds on this... part of me is saying I'd like the points system, but if there was to be an archetypes book as an expansion, like with .45 Adventure, then that would probably work for me too.

Let's face it, while there will be an 'official' line of factions, supported by Brigade's figure releases, quite a few folk will be wanting to develop their own setting, factions etc. They'll also be dropping some official factions if it doesn't fit into their world view of the game. I think I'd prefer at least an outline points system so as to widen my scope a little... my 10c worth anyway.

Agreed with you, Jim. This is sort of an odd decision. I've seen this answer given before on the other forum, and I'm not sure how it sits with me. Something about a game of this nature just begs for a slightly more open points system. There have been, and will continue to be, other post apocalyptic sets, in different periods, and different post apocalyptic ranges (I've been developing one myself for the last year, in the interest of full disclosure), so I'm not sure what's gained by keeping it all secret, particularly as there will be folks who want to use their own collections, ideas, etc. with these rules.

My ten cents.

-Doc
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:49:04 PM by Doc Twilight »

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »
Cajun folk ? do you think about a swampland Atomic cafe ? have a look at the Brigade games voodoo zeds
http://www.brigadegames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=BGHMCE

and you need a swampthing Mutant to go with gatorboy and creature from the black l.  (if you ask me ) .

Grimm

They should fit in fine!  :D

I'm still in the planning stage, but I'm looking at 1962 for my setting (Post Cuban War). My scenario centres on a 'clean wholesome town' (provisional name of Madisonville), an oasis of calm providing folk mind their manners and toe the line. The surrounding area's got swamps, the backwoods and it's inhabitants and the nearby wasteland of what was the New Orleans area. Roving outlaw gangs of bikers, greaser gangs, rogue military units, some odd cults and at a later point some Cuban and Russian survivors who have found their way from a now uninhabitable Cuba. Plus the usual mutants, zombies and critters.  ;)

Just waiting on the rules and my upcoming exam and then I'll make a start. Bought some cars off e-bay too!