Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:33:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Another rule question  (Read 1677 times)

Offline timothymayer

• Student
    • Kraftmark
Another rule question
« on: February 07, 2010, 03:53:32 AM »
I've probably asked this before, but what do you do if you want to have multiple characters attack a single character? I'm thinking of several characters attacking a dinosaur. Does each one strike in sequence? That would seem to be a bad idea as you are going to increase your chances of killing the dino if everyone fires at the same time.
Tim Mayer

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
Re: Another rule question
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »
The characters should only be activating one at a time normally.  If you have multiples atacking at the same time (volley fire, or whatever it is that certain AWS characters can direct?) I'd probably have them all be simultaneous and apply damage at the end.  I don't know what the Word of Rich is on this, so I defer to him.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:53:49 PM »
I am not sure why your chances would increase. Unless you are using the Hordes of Mooks, each model will attack independently anyway. It would not make a difference in the probabilities of killing.

Unles I am missing something in your question.  :?
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline timothymayer

• Student
    • Kraftmark
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »
The scenario where this came-up involved three amazon warriors attempting to capture one star command officer. Instead of attacking him individually, it would seem to make more sense if all three bum-rushed him at the same time, thus making it difficult for him to fire his stunner. Although the game was being played with six characters per side, there were only two players, so one player could simultaneously activate multiple characters (if the rules permit).
And if one character wants to capture another character after a close combat fight, does the actual "capture" occur after the combat is resolved? Would this take two moves instead of one?