Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:36:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690733
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Jonas' VSF 2010 (Danish VSF Department, Jylland Chapter)  (Read 17726 times)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Jonas' VSF 2010 (Danish VSF Department, Jylland Chapter)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 11:55:51 AM »

I finished my Loyal Sikh Cavalry (Old Glory) but I do need to put a flag on the standard bearer (any suggestions?).

I'd suggest a Union Flag or a regimental standard in blue, as the Indian Army colours were virtually identical to the British at this time.

Warflag.com used to have some nice colonial British flags to print out, but they seem to have disappeared from their site and the only Napoleonic ones I can find there are for the infantry :?

Any Napoleonic cavalry guidon-shaped flag would be ok as it is VSF after all so who cares about minor inaccuracies :D

eg something similar to this:

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »
That looks nice, but I won't be able to paint that myself and I don't have a printer, I have to think about what to do...

I have other stuff first on the to do list anyway... But eventually I will make them a banner.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 01:53:11 PM »
You can buy printed, self-adhesive flags quite cheaply - certainly from the UK but possibly closer to your home, maybe Germany.

You do often get several flags to a sheet, but it's probably the cheapest and quickest option.

An example seller here from the UK:

http://www.maverick-models.com/nap_british.htm

Cavalry at the bottom of the page. Not bad prices, 65 pence for each flag.

Here's a sample of a Russian (?) guidon:

And another seller from the US:

http://www.flagdude.com/item.do?item_id=49

Slightly more expensive at 6 USD each, but superb quality.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:55 PM »
After a rising activity by Martians in the vecinity of the Prussian forces in India, the British forces has fallen upon an abandoned Martian settlement, the British forces notice the strange resamblance with reports of statues and imagery coming from Atlantis...

The British command is currently disgussing whether or not to go to Atlantis to search for clues on the resemblance, maybe go to Mars or set up a trap to capture Prussian intelligence reports.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 02:57:40 PM »
And I already have one more update:

Steamdriven Water Tower

I built it myself and I am generally happy with it, I know it could have been better, but I am still in the learning process of building stuff.

Offline answer_is_42

• Mastermind
  • Mostly Harmless.
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 03:51:04 PM »
After a rising activity by Martians in the vecinity of the Prussian forces in India, the British forces has fallen upon an abandoned Martian settlement, the British forces notice the strange resamblance with reports of statues and imagery coming from Atlantis...

Those houses are awesome! How did you make them? I assume Spongebob Squarepants had more than a little to do with it?
I told you so. You damned fools.
 - H.G. Wells

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »
I bought them as they are on ebay, they are made for aquariums and they are from a Spongebob range... they are easily found on ebay if you search for Easter Island Home...

When I found them I thought they would make brilliant houses for Atlantians og Martians.

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 04:57:27 PM »
They look just a little like Tlaloc, the Aztec water god... and we all know who that is really, don't say anything, there's a tentacle-heded blasphemous cyclopean eeargh!...

Very nice. Is there any chance of any of the Danish VSF Dept, Jylland or Fyn Chapters, I don't mind, taking part in the Atlantis campaign with their lovely scenery, at all, do you think?

I'm sorry, I'm a campaign whore. I'll stop trying to entice you and instead say, I like the houses, but especially your water tower. Every crazed scientist needs a device that pours boiling water on the head of a chap in a pith helmet. Or maybe it's for making the tea, I don't know.

Nice statues of the Buddha too, I like the elegant south-asian aesthetic, there's something slightly elf-like about them, rather than the Chinese ones that tend to show a fatter Buddha.

And finally, you have some great minis. I was following Lord and Lady Cornwall's adventures with much interest... is there more to come? And that Dwarf in a pith helmet: really from GW? I must have missed their 'Imperial Victorian Dwarfs' range! Or is he a Halfling? Jebediah Smallbottom is quite a Halfling-y name. Hurrah for Dwarfs in pith helmets! I'm trying to get hold of some 'Dwarf Britannia' minis at the moment, but Old Glory have stopped listing them it seems.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 05:16:08 PM »
We have been talking about having small part in the Atlantis campaign, but at the moment Thorbjørn (my patner in crime) is having some trouble with time as one of his kids is in hospital, but if we get time I think we might have a battle or two in Atlantis.

I think the watertower is also a pumping station, that is why it is steam driven, I was planning to use it for pouring water into steam tanks and such.

The dwarf is a very old GW adventurer, I bought him off of ebay some time ago, quite pricy, but I really like the old GW stuff.

And thanks for the comments also  :)

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 08:20:20 PM »
Excellent houses, they look perfect!

:)

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 08:22:37 PM »
Yes, they're fantastic! It just needs to be next to a pineapple...

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »

You can actually get the pineapple house in the same series and it has a chimney, so I guess it is a steam-pineapple... I was sooo close to buy one, but I thought it would be too silly...  lol

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 08:40:38 AM »

And a very large rock  ;)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 12:17:55 PM »
ok, some time ago since I last updated, it is not because I have done nothing, just because I have updated the paintjob on old miniatures instead of painting new.

But here is an update with some new models:

Some Indian civilians, a donkey and a pony...

And if anyone was wondering why the kid in front had such a zombie look, it is because he is an unobtanium junkie and as seen from behind you can see he has stolen an unobtanium rod from the mine.

Also I have some additional red coats. they are going to be mixed with the ones I already had, so there will be a more even mix of standing and sitting men in the units.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 02:01:25 PM »
Great stuff, it appears to be coming along nicely.
An unobtanium junkie eh? Nice one!  :)