Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:11:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Eureka USMC Force Recon.  (Read 7160 times)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Eureka USMC Force Recon.
« on: February 20, 2010, 01:12:38 AM »
Ok this is bound to irritate as apart from gadget on the back of my Blackberry I don't have a functional camera in the house.  No doubt Chronofus will have some up on his page before too long.  I should also provide a disclaimer that whilst having no commercial relationship with Eureka, except as a happy customer I do know Nic and the sculptor Kosta.

Simply superb. IMO the finest minis I've ever seen in any period. Lavish detail, accurate depiction of the weaponry, uniforms and kit. Excellent natural dimensions and posing. I liked the pics of the excellent new Empress SAS but they look rather stiff compared to these.

Seven figures. A prone sniper with the Barret .50 cal rifle and a sperate bipod. Five figures in various firing/ patrolling poses in boonie hats with a variety of backpacks. Four are armed with M4A1 carbines  with a variety of optics, EOTech, CCO sights etc. There is a firing pose with Sopmod foregrip, another firing pose with M203 grenade launcher, an advancing pose and a kneeling pose. All look the business, excellent posing. The fifth figure is carring a Para Minimi. At first I thought there was something mising then realised it had a STANG mag attched to the side rather than the larger assault box. This guy also has a radio with folded aerial stuffed in his pack. The last figure is standing with M4 Carbine, sans backpack and wearing a utility cover ( that odd looking soft peaked cap).

Ok, I suppose now I'm officially a fan boy but these really do raise the bar in terms of research,  sculpting and execution. I suspect they will find they way into quite a few peoples' collections, possibly fighting Aliens/ drug cartels/ zombies or whatever.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 01:14:13 AM by carlos marighela »
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Eureka USMC Force Recon.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 03:12:24 AM »
So do you have any pics of them? All I can find the armless green online
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 05:55:15 AM »
No, hence the descriptions.  Wish I could but if I took a snap with the crackberry it wouldn't do them justice. Mine are just about to be primed and based anyway. Put it this way, these are even better than Kosta's French and a quantum leap from the still very good Bundeswehr, he did. Boy gets better with each passing moment. Helmeted versions of the French on their way so he says.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 11:17:08 PM »
Well the greens have now been posted on the Eureka site. Items look even better cast up and  in the flesh but these should give an idea.

http://eurekamin.com.au/news.php?newsid=EkyZEFVAAkuYgJIdJf

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:20:43 PM by carlos marighela »

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 09:47:55 AM »
Yep, those look amazing indeed. Thanks to Kosta I may need to scale up my 20mm Afghanistan to 28mm.  o_o

-Todd

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 10:41:32 AM »
oh thats more like it, I am thinking when I start my South Amrican modern Contra wars they will be on my list of mins to get

Offline cdm

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 10:45:04 AM »
I'm meant to have a hefty box of new releases turn up late this coming week. If they are in there I'll add them to this post.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 01:57:01 PM »
Just finished painting my first team. First one in woodland Marpat for bringing down drug cartels. Will be painting up another in the desert version.  Marpat is a bugger to paint but I'm pleased with the results. I'll definitely be buying some more of these chaps, think I'll do a platoon's worth. Of course they could no doubt do service as other SF types.

Offline cdm

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 04:04:00 AM »
27mm eye height approx

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 04:58:57 AM »
Just finished painting my first team. First one in woodland Marpat for bringing down drug cartels. Will be painting up another in the desert version.  Marpat is a bugger to paint but I'm pleased with the results. I'll definitely be buying some more of these chaps, think I'll do a platoon's worth. Of course they could no doubt do service as other SF types.

lets see some pic's dude!

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 07:03:33 AM »
There will probably be some up on the Eureka website next week. Nic has the first lot I painted and is taking some snaps, hopefully from a distance as I'm no great shakes as a painter.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »
Wow, those look GREAT in the lead! I'm hoping to get my hands on a pack soon! Thanks for posting those cdm.

-Todd

Offline Mr Mipps

• Bookworm
    • http://mywargamingcorner.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 02:12:10 PM »
Those are lovely looking figures, I might just be tempted.
Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 03:28:08 AM »
Got mine today thanks to Rob at Eureka USA. LOVELY minis! Can't wait to get the Afghans now.  :D

-Todd

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 05:52:39 AM »
Got mine today thanks to Rob at Eureka USA. LOVELY minis! Can't wait to get the Afghans now.  :D

-Todd

Don't be rubbing it in B6. I missed mine at Cold Wars when i was there. With the recent press release i didn't think they would be available so i didn't ask for them when i was there. Now i gotta wait till H-Con.   :-(

Grimm