Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:55:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690474
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Meerks - post apocaliptic project from my childhood :)  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
Meerks - post apocaliptic project from my childhood :)
« on: February 28, 2010, 02:17:46 AM »
When I was a child, I created a plasticine city with many inhabitants (they all was 18mm tall). And now I want to give this project a new life with 15mm sci-fi figures :)
Here is original story of this city and world.

Eons ago Pavonis was a prosperous Earth like world. But it's native civilization destroyed itself in worldwide nuclear world. Now most of Pavonis covered with dersert, but there are some radioactive areas, covered with overgrown jungles, populated by mutants.

Centuries after nuclear was, race of cat like creatures have build an outpost on Pavonis. They wanted to explore ruins of ancient cities of Pavonis. They called this outpost "Meerks". But soon after Meerks was build it was captured by hordes of sanbikers (remnants of once great pavonis civilization).

Now Meerks is a big city. Actually there are threre are 3 cities within Meerks borders.

Central City - populated by rich persons. Central City surounded by huge walls, have its own spaceport and well armed police force.

Middle City - home of middle class persons. Like Central City it have its own spaceport, huge wall and police force. There are many criminals in Middle city, and police force get used to fight with rioteers.

Outer city - not actually a city but many tents, caravan of refugees from desert who want to live in Meerks, but not allowed to do so. Actually here is pic from Dropship Horizon blog, which can give you an idea of what does Outer city looks like

You can find many races in Meerks. After it was captured from cat-like race by hordes of sandbikers, Meerks become an asylum for criminals, smugglers and scum fro entire Galaxy.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:38:28 AM by Fjodin »

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
Re: Meerks - post apocaliptic project from my childhood :)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 02:54:30 AM »
I've just started this project, so my figures are not arrived yet.
Here are some information about some of main characters (they are all from my old plasticine town):

M.P. Gang:
Name: M.P.
Race: Native pavonian
Weapon: Assault rifle
M.P. is a native pavonian. He look like european earthling, but with brown skin and red Mohawk haircut (native pavonians have red, white and purple hairs). Nobody know what does M.P. means (Maybe its a short of Mike Patton of some other name?). He is a leader of a gang

Name: Rick
Race: Unknown.
Weapon: Shotgun
Menmber of dog like antropomorphic race, rRick is a best friend of M.P. Before he met M.P., Rick was a tramp, with only a saxophon. He is very good saxophonist.

Name: Gypsy
Race: Lisard race. I will use Saurian from Laserburn (http://15mm.co.uk/MSM21_Saurian.htm)
weapon: Long range laser rifle
Befor he met the M.P., Gypsy was a sandbiker with grav bike. He is very good sniper.

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 02:59:17 AM »
If you are interested, after a week (when my order of minis will arive). I will post some news and pics about this "Old plasticine post apocaliptic town remake in 15mm sci-fi minis" :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 04:03:18 AM »
Would like to see any terrain you might have already made for this project.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 04:08:31 AM »
This is a cool little project!

Are you going to be gaming this setting? If you need an opponent let me know ;)

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 07:44:47 AM »
While my minis are still flying to Australia (I've make a huge order from 15mm.co.uk yesterday), I've started to make some buildings. I've decided to make some interior terrain woth caerdboard. My idea is makins several rooms, and coridors, wich can be useful for making interior of building. I've installed Vampires Masquerade - Bloodlines, and extracted great textures from there (plenty of old dirty wall and floor textures).

Unfortunately I dont have much experience with cardboard interior making. I've made a TEST room for 15mm scale (5 square cm) with Vampires textures. Here is the low quality sample (oribinal have higer resolution)

As you can see very raw verion. Does anyone know any tutorials or somekind about room making? Do I need to print in on cardboard or tis there any other better method?

Offline Tacgnol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 09:11:32 AM »
You could print it on paper then stick it to the cardboard with spray mount, it's much easier than printing on to the cardboard.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 10:24:52 AM »
15mm.co.uk only send out parcels on Mondays and Tuesdays, so you may have a little wait.
They are brilliant guys though and really responsive to the public.

I will be following this carefully, I have planned a similar project out.  :D

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 01:48:16 AM »
There are freebies on 15mm.co.uk NOW! Pack of 10 stellar refugees!

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 08:51:57 AM »
yup.

Very good deal.  :)

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 11:18:39 PM »
These refugees can be helpful for many type of games (3.6 poundm pack of 10 minis for free :) )
It can be post apocaliotic, sci-fi and even modern :)

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 08:33:37 AM »
I really like the GZG mechanised stuff. Particularly the ones you can use with 28mm (no external figures tee hee).