Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:28:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Lost Boy

• Student
Hello
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:08:48 PM »
Hello, I'm Lost Boy and I just joined today.

I've popped in a few times to check what's going on, but I thought it was about time I did a bit more than lurk.

Anyway, I paint figures and scratchbuild bases and generally like sticking things together to see what they look like...and treat them to a bit of slap if I think they're good.

Don't know what else to say... :)

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 11:20:55 PM »
Hello.

What genres, periods do you game/paint/build?

You will find this site to be the Beluga Caviar amongst a buffet table of mullet roe.   ;)
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 11:25:36 PM »
Hello Lost Boy.

Maybe you could say what styles of things you like sticking together, what kind of bases, and what ranges of figures. Spartans? Daleks? Spartans versus Daleks? Orcs, Victorian Adventurers, Apes in boiler siuts, Napoleon, Superman, mutated Nazis or Cavegirls in bikinis? Or, for that matter, mutated Nazis in bikinis? Are the things you stick together animal, vegetable or mineral (or a little of each)? And what goes on the bases, and why?

Whatever the answers to any of these queastions may be, welcome; I'm sure there will be at least some people on here who go 'yeah! That's cool! I have/want/am making one of those too!'

Offline Lost Boy

• Student
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 09:43:56 AM »
I usually pick a figure to paint then try and work out what his/her/it's surroundings would be and build something for that :).

As for styles and genres, I really just go for anything and everything that takes my fancy-I don't stick to any one company. At the moment I'm painting a GW Ork Nob, though before that was a zombie pirate for the Little Angels charity competition, the piece before that was a sorcerer, then there was a vampire version of the Scooby Gang, a zombie girl...the list kind of goes on. I try to do something different every time, though my style pretty much stays the same :-I.

I don't know why I spend as much time on the bases as I do the figures...I think I'm just trying to make it all into a little story. It's something I've done most of the time I've been doing figure. I don't play RPGs or wargame, so maybe I'm trying to say what I want to say with the models and bases...kind of like this...

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »
That is a beautiful peice. Keep it up. I'm sure you will find plenty of support & insperation here on this forum.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +104

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 10:30:19 AM »
 :o

Absolutely. If you paint that like, hell, I don't care about genres and whatnot, knock yourself out, do whatever you like... just, more examples of your great art please!

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 10:37:43 AM »

Hi Lost Boy

then there was a vampire version of the Scooby Gang

I would really love to see that.  Do you have any photos?

I have my own plans for a zombie/vampire hunter version of the Scoobies, and I would really like to see what you did to undead-ify your versions.

I don't know why I spend as much time on the bases as I do the figures...I think I'm just trying to make it all into a little story.

Thats what its all about I think.  If the rest of your stuff is as nice as the example that you have shown the I very much look forward to seeing it :)

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 11:26:18 AM »
Welcome aboard, Lost Boy.  Familiar sounding name that, where have I heard it before? :D

Offline Lost Boy

• Student
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 11:42:43 AM »
Keeper...keeper...keeper...

nope, never heard of him... :)

Offline Lost Boy

• Student
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 12:06:03 AM »
I'll put these on here for now until I can figure out how the album works... :?. They're all out there already, on WaMP and CMoN, so apologies to anyone who's seen them before.

My piece for the Little Angels competition on WaMP.

"And the dead shall rise..."

"Contact in Secto-"

Dead Freddy

Dead Velma

Dead Daphne

Dead Shaggy

Hope you all like them... :)

Offline anumberone

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 01:08:42 AM »
Awesome! I especially like the power armored woman running from the monster. "Feets, don't fail me now!"

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 12:22:06 PM »

Thanks for putting up the vampire Scooby gang, they look great.

Power armour Libby running from the Mawr is a great diorama.  There is a lovely blend of different stylles, from the clean, heraldic armour to the fleshy tones and the gums on the mawr right through to the industrial setting.

Really cool work :-*

Offline Lost Boy

• Student
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 11:03:17 PM »
 :D Thanks :D

Offline Roon

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 09:03:26 AM »
Hello and welcome Lost Boy.

I must say I really admire your work. Wonderful bases for wonderful painted miniatures. The colours are awesome! Really gory and dark. I like it. Looking forward to see more of your work :)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 01:53:45 PM »

Welcome 8)

Your work is really great!
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/