Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:51:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686552
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Some Deadlands comparison pics  (Read 75365 times)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Some Deadlands comparison pics
« on: March 09, 2010, 12:18:02 AM »
The same two Artizan figs will stay in the photo's as reference but I'll cycle through different Deadlands figs.

First up we have two of the 'Cleaner' figures. These mix in fine with the Artizan figs and I use them as unit leaders.
Left to right - Female Cleaner, Artizan, Cleaner Leader, Artizan

Steamjacks - These guys are chunkier than Artizan and slightly taller but I don't think they're too far out. First shot is a scale pic with the Artizan figs, second shot is the group shot of what comes in the pack. No idea why the unit leader fig is a slotta base, it just is.

This shot is the Hanging Judge figure. It's huge but as it's an evil ghost returned from hell to wreak havoc, who cares?  :D

These guys are from the original box - Texas Ranger, Gunman, Walking Dead. These guys are big and don't mix well.

These are the three different sculpts from the Rail Workers pack. They're great and mix fine. The leader fig in the center is a little taller than the others and the Artizan figs but he looks in scale so it's fine.

Three more original figs that are too big.
Scout, Scout, Gunman

These are the three sculpts from the Feral Dead pack. Nice undead cowboy/settler figs, unlike the others they don't have pistols etc and lack the ability to use them. Same applies to these as the rail workers, the leader is a little taller but they all mix well.

Some characters in this one. Huckster, Shotgun thug, Huckster 2. The first huckster is an original and therefore a little big, however he's definately one of the better sized figs from that bunch and I think I'll end up using him. The Shotgun Thug is a later fig that is a bit on the large size however he's well proportioned and I think fits in fine. The second huckster is a standard later fig and fits in fine.

Okay last shot. Here we have Witch, Gunman, Witch. The witches fit fine with other figs. The Gunman however is probably the worst offender for being oversized. Even accepting he's supposed to be a big, fat guy, he's huge. He's big compared to the other original figs making him enourmous against normal 28's.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:37:38 AM by Dewbakuk »
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Some Deadlands comparison pics
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 12:28:57 AM »
WOW thanks for the size comparasons
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 01:03:37 AM »
Yes, thanks much.  That settles many issuesand will result in me ordering somke figures I would have normally passed on, assuming they were way big.

The Undead Gunmen, is another whopper, needs a 1.5" base.
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 08:39:39 AM »
Yes, thanks much.  That settles many issuesand will result in me ordering somke figures I would have normally passed on, assuming they were way big.

The Undead Gunmen, is another whopper, needs a 1.5" base.

Yeah, he's the same size as the Walking Dead figure in the 5th pic down. There are multiple poses from that pack but I only put one up. I can show others if people would like?

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 08:55:13 AM »
My all-time favourite western female figure is from that range, the gal with no name. It looks crap in the pictures due to foreshortening, but it's quite lovely. :-*

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 11:27:25 AM »
Those cleaners look good shame they arent on his site any more and I like the Hukster no2

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 12:47:42 PM »
The codes for them. Might be worth enquiring?

Cleaners - GRW1538 Cleaners (5)
Huckster 2 - GRW1242 Huckster

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 12:53:37 PM »
The codes for them. Might be worth enquiring?

Cleaners - GRW1538 Cleaners (5)
Huckster 2 - GRW1242 Huckster
Cheers I found hukster 2 :D which is about the only one I want on their site atm so may wait.
I am looking at some of the Artizan figures at the moment such as the Pinkertons with a view to coverting the weapons and also the earps and doc for some vampiric gunslingers with a paint job (luckily they have tashes so dont need to worry about teeth ;) ;D
Just picked up a couple of novels to inspire me

For a few dead guys more and Skin Medicine, I need this for some inspiration ;) got my steam armed gunslinger now and a good proxie houngan fomr the Coppletsone wastland guys (also the zombie) Have my space cowboy who will be in anti zombie armour . Reaper Werewolf scout is on order who wil lead my other werewolves.

And painting up (finally) my foundry zombies. I also have some ACW conversions with heresy demon heads on them on  the go, not sure they work but both the figures and heads were lying around lol

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 01:06:09 PM »
Most of my collection is Artizan cowboys. I let Svennn have my Pinkertons, probably going to buy them again though  ::)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 01:14:03 PM »
I like the doc holiday but the others earps leave me a bit cold, I do however quite fancy the black scorpion preacher on his horse :D I was also going to keep an eye out for some of the old foudnry missouri raiders to zombify as - Border Raiders lol

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 01:30:41 PM »
Doc is a great figure. Plus a Prospector is vital at some point...

I think I've finally found my Nosferatu figs. The 'official' figures don't match the description of them at all and were clearly based off the old movie rather than on the setting, as such I have no use for them  :-[ The new Rackham ghouls are promising but they previewed them 2 years ago and they still aren't going to be out at any point this year. The conversion unit based on them will be but not the normal unit  >:(  So I'm going to give the new Mantic ghouls a try, using bald heads on them should give the right feral vampire look.

I do need a good Wild West Vampire for a proper vampire lord though if anyone has a suggestion

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 01:35:49 PM »
Doc is a great figure. Plus a Prospector is vital at some point...

I think I've finally found my Nosferatu figs. The 'official' figures don't match the description of them at all and were clearly based off the old movie rather than on the setting, as such I have no use for them  :-[ The new Rackham ghouls are promising but they previewed them 2 years ago and they still aren't going to be out at any point this year. The conversion unit based on them will be but not the normal unit  >:(  So I'm going to give the new Mantic ghouls a try, using bald heads on them should give the right feral vampire look.

I do need a good Wild West Vampire for a proper vampire lord though if anyone has a suggestion
I wish I hadnt sold the Westwind Mosferatu as they are pretty close to the old silent movie type, though the manitc ones are earmarked for famnites and such for me lol

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 01:38:25 PM »
Again, thanks, this is the sort of resource thread that is tacky worthy.   ;)

Gal with No Name is a cutie mini, no doubt.  A bit thin, perhaps  ;)  (she looks shorter and shall I say "chubbier?" in photos than in real life )

So do you all have and Use "Deadlands" for your horror/weird west gaming?

If not, what?  I use Gutshot (Murph's zombie supplement, and the "scary monsters" for TRWNN converted to said)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
I use rail wars though unitl the last year or so kept it to more historical gunfighting but Mr Dewbakuk has led me astray ;) and into the realms of Deadlands :D :-* a setting which I think is overlooked which is a shame

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 01:59:35 PM »
the manitc ones are earmarked for famnites and such for me  lol

Yeah, I did consider that but I need about 15-20 Nosferatu for the 'Night Train' scenario. After that they may end up as faminites.

Again, thanks, this is the sort of resource thread that is tacky worthy.

No problem, if I come across any others that mix okay I'll add them.

So do you all have and Use "Deadlands" for your horror/weird west gaming?

I'm running a Deadlands RPG at the moment which uses figures for combat. I do have Rail Wars but haven't played in a long time, I'm going to be trying out the Showdown rules however which are essentially the new Rail Wars rules.

Mr Dewbakuk has led me astray

Moi? ::) o_o