Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:57:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tried my hands on some putty-pushing...  (Read 10300 times)

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://www.pardulon-models.com
Tried my hands on some putty-pushing...
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »
Rufus, the colour was the giveaway, right?  :wink: Yes, Greenstuff is the material, though I used a 70:30 mixture of Milliput and Greenstuff to add some substance to the armature.

Chris, I am working on some more (nothing really worth showable, though), and as soon as I have 5 or 6 of them, I will try to cast them in resin. In fact I made a test mold of #3 already, which will be ready for use tomorrow. If the cast turns out ok, I will return with pictures.
Resin buildings, scenery and other useful stuff: www.pardulon-models.com

Offline Rufus

• Assistant
    • PulpDogg.com
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »
Quote from: "Zafarelli"
Rufus, the colour was the giveaway, right?  :wink: Yes, Greenstuff is the material, though I used a 70:30 mixture of Milliput and Greenstuff to add some substance to the armature.

Of course the colour was a giveaway :D ... but what I meant was something else.

I play only Hordes / Warmachine ... we use greenstuff to occassionally close gaps in bad casted miniatures.

I was wondering, if sculptors use the exact same stuff ... or if they use something else entirely, just the same colour :D.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 03:50:22 PM »
Same stuff.

If these were produced I'm sure I could find a use for 12 or so.

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 09:10:24 PM »
Rufus, Greenstuff is quite common for miniature sculpting, though there are some other putties around, each with its own specific properties (most of which I have not tried out).

As for the production part - I currently do not have the machinery for metal casting, and am a bit hesitant to have them produced by a third party. Mind you, these are basically my first sculpts, and I'd need to sell a lot of them to break even. Maybe if I have five or six of those guys. However, I have made a mold of #3, bit of flash, which can be scraped away easily with a scalpel, and the knife handle is a bit fragile, but otherwise, the cast is really good. PM me if you want one.

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 03:48:54 PM »
Did some more, mainly detail work, but also a new one...

#2, added goggles, and a pouch from which his right hand pulls something. Will add a rifle to the right hand:

#3, added goggles. The knife went AWOL during the moldmaking  :x

#4, a new one. The handgun is made from a 1:35 BAR or Thompson (can't remember). This will have to be replaced if he ever makes it into production. But the hand is a bit *harumph* anyway.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 05:18:11 PM »
Why was Number 1 not produced?
I've just finished painting up some of the rest and need a commander figure (two actually)

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 10:43:23 PM »
The proportions of Number 1 were so odd that I discarded it fairly quickly. I have a few more awaiting some finishing touches. If you could post pictures of your painted ones, it might just be the encouragement I need to pick them up again :)

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 12:39:42 AM »
They're not as good as your ones  :(
I'll have them based by Monday I hope. I need the new 'screamers' I ordered to complete the set so the final pics will have to wait until then but I'll post some quick shots here in the meantime.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 04:46:23 PM »
Okay, here we are. First the Pardulon stuff, I have 4 more Screamers to do which will be another two bases so that a 'platoon' (they're based for Crossfire) will have 2 bases of Screamers and 1 base of Herders. The 'Platoon Commanders' are special Cell 1999 figures (not shown here because they're only at the undercoat stage)

Now here's some of the other stuff that's going with them, some heresy grub things and a half finished Wyrdd figure for a 'company commander'. There's much more to come but this is very much a WIP at the moment.

More as it happens  :)

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 05:31:39 PM »
:o  :love:

Now this is a sight. "Lovely" might not be the right word, but impressive nonetheless. I'll post some of the unfinished greens tomorrow. There is another screamer (this time in overdrive mode, with his intestines bursting out, though I lost the innards), another masked trouper, and a mad doctor. They are needed for a convention game in February, so I guess they should be ready by then. I hope to do some nurses, but I doubt that I'll get to those any time soon.

Could you tell something about Crossfire? Admittedly, this is the first time I saw not-15mm minis based as a squad.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 06:07:36 PM »
Crossfire is a company level WWII rules set. I use it for WWII of course but I'm also using it for my weird war stuff and modern warfare. I'm currently developing a Cyberpunk version too. I haven't found anything else that handles moving and shooting as well as Crossfire does so I intend to get my money's worth.

Figures are based in 'squads' with 3 squads to a Platoon + a single officer figure. Three platoons make a company which has separate officers and support units like HMG and mortar etc. A company is your basic 'srmy' for the game but if you have the space three companies make a battalion and you can play at this level. (I don't)

My Crossfire stuff:
http://www.matakishi.com/wwii19391945.htm

Weird war:
http://www.matakishi.com/weirdwar21939.htm

Your figures started out as part of a weird war set (which they still will be) but I'm developing it into a much larger project than I originally planned based on the Shadowman character from the video game. Eventually there'll be a whole game about just this with its own scenery etc.

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2008, 11:47:39 AM »
Here are the current WIP's:

Mad Doc: He will get a vial in one hand, and a syringe or injection pistol thing in the other. And I need to redo the goggles :?

Another shambler. The intestine part is somewhere under my desk. I guess I have to make a new one, I doubt I can find it there...

And another masked minion type. Don't know what to do with his backpack. Maybe it will become some sort of respiratory equipment, or a radio. Or maybe something else entirely :)

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 12:47:59 PM »
Looking good.I'll need some of each as soon as they're done  :)

Any chance of a crawling or collapsed screamer? A sort of 'after his guts have burst out' pose. That would make a good pair with the one you've got. On his hands and knees with a hanging head would be excellent.

If the chap with the straps had a collection tank on his back and some sort of vacuum device I could use him as a soul sucker which would be very useful. Giving him an assistant would be excellent too (although the doctor could fit this bill very nicely).

Anyway, drop what you're doing and make them quick!  :lol:

Happy new Year

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2008, 12:58:03 PM »
Here are some screen shots from the Shadowman game so you can see what I'm going for (and why your figures are perfect) They're not the clearest because the game's old but anyway...

Offline Zafarelli

• Resin Nabob
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 04:47:17 PM »
Quote from: "matakishi"
Anyway, drop what you're doing and make them quick!  :lol:

Oh no, not another unfinished project! I did some more work on the minis, but  I delayed them in favor of some lab interior accessories. Look here: http://forum.backofbeyond.de/viewtopic.php?t=3836 I'll get back to them as soon as this is finished, promise :)