Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:38:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Denizens of Amman IV  (Read 4989 times)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
The Denizens of Amman IV
« on: March 20, 2010, 04:47:04 PM »
As a portal planet, Amman IV hosts a wide variety of species and rival groups. Our intelligence forces have been gathering as much information as possible about the various factions present on Amman IV, what follows is the first fruit of this project.

ADF (Amman Defence Force)
Here lead by Investigator Simmons with Sgt. Clarke in command of a rifle section

These are the forces yu are most likely to be working with

Pappa Sunshine and the Sunshine gang

Pappa Sunshine and his daughter (centre left) Red Sonia lead this gang of smugglers, thieves and thugs. If not directly responsible for any trouble they'll tend to know who is.

El'Kar-ugo's Mercs

El'Kar-ugo and his (her?) mercs are a common site in Hussain (the main port and town of Amman IV), they aren't exactly picky when it comes to who'll they'll work for. As more species migrate through the portals, El'Kar-ugo quickly finds new accomplises.

Trader Kurwain's guard

Although Kurwain is not pictured (he is rarely seen in public), he is probably one of the Amman systems wealthiest traders, his guard carry out most of his biddings whether it be securing a trading or punishing a bad debtor.

The Earl of Essex and elements of the Iwax chapter

Earl Essex holds significant holdings on Amman III, and is frequently seen on Amman IV, he is known for his extreme anti-xenoism and is frequently seen with members of the Iwax chapter. Though currently no deaths (or punishments as the Iwax term them) of Xenos have been connected the Earl, it is only a matter of time.

Retinue of the Earl of Zeeland

The Earl of Zeeland owns most of Petra one of the moons of Amman IV and is a sworn enemy of the Earl of Essex (something to do with a whore when they were both very much younger), his personal retinue equiped in armour from the Gaym's workshops carry out frequent raids on other properties.

Unkonwn Mercenaries

As yet no information, but as you see they are equipped again in armour from the Gaym's workshops.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:25:48 PM by dijit »

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
Re: The Denizens of Amman IV
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 05:30:13 PM »
Great stuff. Well done! Thanks for sharing!
What rule system will you be using?

Steve

Offline Hrothgar

• Scientist
  • "We grow old because we stop playing" - GBS
    • Cheshirekat's Hobby Corner
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »
Nice work. Very creative. I always enjoy seeing these kinds of figures being used for something other than their intended purpose.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 07:51:52 PM »
Thanks! After a long time trying to find a set of sci-fi that I liked and that fitted the type of games I wanted to play I gave up and started to write my own - Crimson Dust. I've just put version 3 up on my site (http://crimsondusk.webs.com/crimsondustrules.htm) if you're interested.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 08:14:39 PM »
Really nice stuff, I like it a lot

Offline Andy H

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 03:48:09 PM »
Awesome stuff - isthat Hasslefree's Stalks head on the IKore body? I'd wondered if they were big enough for these sorts of conversions.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 04:00:31 PM by Colonel Kane »

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »
Awesome stuff - isthat Hasslefree's Stalks head on the IKore body? I'd wondered if they were big enough for these sorts of conversions.
Yeah that's a Stalks head on I-kore body, they work really well on all sorts of bodies and add a good Star Wars/Space Opera feel to a mini.

Online anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 05:46:35 PM »
really like the Mercs and the Trader's Guards... do you have a breakdown of whats what? (apart from I-Kore and Stalks obviously :D)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 06:13:57 PM »
Yeah sure, no problem!

ADF - GW cadian guard with greenstuffed extra flak armour. The investigator is a conversion using a GW marine torso and left arm, High elf legs and head and Catachan right arm

Pappa Sunshine's gang - all but Red Sonia are from EM4, Red Sonia is a GW Escher gang leader.

El'Kar-ugo's mercs, the aliens are from Zombiesmith (the rest are on the painting table at the moment), whilst the girl is EM4 and the last is a classic citadel marine scout with rem-modeled gun

Traders guard - bodies from I-kore; all are converted; from left to right using: GW Kroot; Hasslefree stalks head; Hasslefree female head; GW lizardman arms and greenstuff; GW chaos mutant head, catachan arms and Hasslefree gun.

Earl of Essex - all conversion of GW models. The Earl is a combination of Empire halberdier, classic skeleton, Highelf and Cadian parts with copius greenstuff. The KKK like guy is a classic Chaos sorcerer, whilst the rest are conversions of Bretonian Grail pilgrims.

The last two are of course GW marines and a scratchbuilt dreadnought out of tubing and plasticard and other bits..

Online anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 06:18:57 PM »
a scratchbuilt dreadnought

:o  now that I wouldn't have guessed... nice work

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »
Lucky I took some WIP shots of it while I was building it a couple of years ago.

Then a couple of detail shots of some freehand painting which wasn't visible on the other photo:

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 08:46:35 AM »
Really nice Duncard.

The free hand on the dread gets my vote!!!

I hope to get to know this better at some point. Please let me know when you have time to skærmydsel.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 09:42:30 AM »

Thats a cool collection of forces with some really interesting model choices and conversions.  Thanks for showing them, they look great.

Although I like the use of the GW gangers, Kroot and Chaos parts I find that the GW Space Marines are so immediately recognisable that they jar slightly.

Dont take it as an insult or anything, its just that for me, they spoil the mood a little.

On the other hand Investigator Simmons is a cool assembly, parts from GW kits all over the place there and he still "fits".  To my eye anyway :)

You terrain looks good too, very Tatooine-y.  Do you have any photos of that?

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 10:25:45 AM »
Very nice stuff, there's a good retro feel to it. Very old school rogue trader.  :)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 03:02:01 PM »
No offense taken, the GW marines are very 'Gaymes Workshop', they're really left overs from other projects that I had painted, but had never seen the games table, so with redone bases they now get to see the board and not just collect dust.