Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:42:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689475
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rezoloution Vatacina?  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
Rezoloution Vatacina?
« on: April 20, 2010, 05:28:23 AM »
Hi, all.

This weekend at Kingdom-Con I met the wonderful folks at Aberrant Games,and was lucky enough to win a free copy of Rezolution, as well as a copy of Warlands.

I'm interested in their Vatacina Guards, but I can't seem to find any close up photos of the figs online (the photo on the Aberrant site doesn't seem to want to expand). Does anyone have shots of the figs that they'd be willing to share? I'm looking specifically at the "Vatacina Guard Team". They appear to be wearing helmets, etc, but it's difficult to see from the photo. I have seen the other figs in for the Vatacina in the flesh.

Thanks,

Doc

p.s.

Game looks very good, for those interested. Solid writing and a very plausible background for a dark futuristic setting.

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
Re: Rezolution Vatacina?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 01:01:43 PM »
Rezolution is one of those great games that no one plays.

A bunch of us got into it, played it maybe 4 times, then everyone but me went back to Warmachine and GW (which I don't play).

Aberrant got quiet on the game, too, then switched their focus to Warlands.

Add another orphan game to the pile...

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Re: Rezoloution Vatacina?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 02:21:54 PM »
I don't understand how stuff becomes popular, and other languish in anonimity....

GW just announced the 8th version of WFB, and I'm sure they'll sell tons of them.  A great little game like Rezolution can't seem to break into anything but fringe gamers.

I guess it's the same reason Dancing With the Stars is a top rated TV show....

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »
because GW stick stores all over the place and bombard the kiddies with "buy this now!" and from the looks of things Warmachine is handled kinda the same. I blame poor advertising and the fact parents will buy the "all in one" box like WFB not relising they will need to add more stuff in the weeks, months, years, decades to come.

Offline ogryn

• Librarian
  • Mercpancake
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
Rezolution is a great game. To bad I do not get to play it much at all.
The Vatacina Guard are terrible models. All of the heros and robots from Vatacina are great though.
I would look for alternates for these guys. Maybe some plastic Great Coat dudes??

Offline mrgrigson

• Librarian
    • The Overloaded Queue
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 02:26:51 AM »
As I understand it, the Aberrant lads haven't given up completely on Rez, but they've shifted their focus to Warlands for the time being as it sounds like it's currently a much more successful venture for them.

One thing they *have* done is pulled their Rez stuff from wider distribution channels to go to direct sales only.  They had a slowdown in new releases, and I know that in my area at least, game stores thought the company was done.  One place thought it was so done that I picked up a dozen blisters and another copy of the rulebook for $1 each  last weekend :)

On the smarter side, they've put their rulebooks (like the apparently OOP first supplement) for sale as downloads, which will hopefully make it a lot easier to convince people to at least look at the game.

Steve

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 03:15:14 AM »
I'm interested in their Vatacina Guards, but I can't seem to find any close up photos of the figs online (the photo on the Aberrant site doesn't seem to want to expand). Does anyone have shots of the figs that they'd be willing to share? I'm looking specifically at the "Vatacina Guard Team". They appear to be wearing helmets, etc, but it's difficult to see from the photo. I have seen the other figs in for the Vatacina in the flesh.

Data Dump issue 2 page 7, issue 3 page 3, issue 5 page 4.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »
Here's the link to the Aberrant's Data Dump issues:

http://www.aberrantgames.com/downloads.html