Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:17:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Any one written their own expansions for LotOW?  (Read 8966 times)

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
Re: Any one written their own expansions for LotOW?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 03:34:58 AM »
Will Baillie and I wrote a Pulp variation (well Will did most of it). From memory we added a few stats for SMG,s and LMG's.
We also added a skill stat for Archeologists so they could perform tasks that other lesser mortals cannot.
Most of the rules worked really well without any mods.
I can try and dig some info up from our defunct yahoo group it that would be useful.

Offline jp762

• Scientist
  • Wait a mo! This isn't Motorhead!
    • JP sees lead people....(and then tries to paint them)
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 07:08:07 AM »
I would be extremely appreciative of that!
Thank you very much.
Western gaming is new to me, my start was with rogue trader and from that WW2.
Last year I found SoTR (and nobody even knew it was lost) and its safe to say my 40k days are over.
The western stuff is a nice diversion from painting the differently alive but I would like to see where I can take it in gaming terms also.

Waffle, waffle.   o_o

Anyhoo. If you could chase that up I would be chuffed.
Cheers, jp

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »
I'd like to see an expansion to include the elements from Red Dead Redemption and the expansion game of Undead Nightmare...
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline Mister Rab

• Mastermind
  • in plumbum veritas
    • Rab's Geekly Digest
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »
I seem to recall someone posted pictures on here of a rather nice looking medieval game using a variant - I would sincerely love to get my grubby little paws on them  :-* :-*

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 08:45:06 PM »
Hi, Dan, how's the snow in Welly?

As Dan noted, years ago we through together some modifications to LotOW so we could run a pulp adventure.  Most of the stuff was done as each situation came up.  The files are still available on our Mummy yahoo group:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/mummy_mordheim/

I've been meaning to close the group for a while, but if you ask to join I'll approve you so you can loot the files section.  We had some modifications for automatic weapons and vehicles, IIRC.  I'm sure rules lawyers will be able to rip them apart, but they worked well enough for our friendly club games.  We ended up with a multi-game campaign that ended in a grand climatic battle between two competing groups of archaeologists, a couple of competing groups of mysterious cultists and an army of undead warriors under the control of the evil mummy.  All played out on spectacular Egyptian terrain (including a pyramid containing a detailed labyrinth) built by Dan!

Cheers

Will

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 05:02:23 AM »
Hi Will, the snow has mostly gone now but the wind is straight off the Antarctic so its pretty cold.
I thought I'd copy and paste our rules on another thread here so everyone can steal ideas from us without having to approve new members.

Mods posted here  http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=32145.0
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:49:21 AM by Dan »

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 01:35:43 PM »
I worked on a version for the Cave Wars Yahoo group..strangely enough called Cave Wars...it lends itself nicley to bands of cro magnon and neanderthal. I played around with different stats for animals and dinos pulling in bits from other rule sets for random encounters and such like.

I had a dable with some characters for pulp big game hunting whihc we used at Blam.

Offline Agent Skinner

• Student
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »
Legends of the Old Ones!

A small group of FBI and IRS Agents are investigating the strange testimony of one Robert Olmstead, recently found near the port town of Innsmouth, in a rather deteriorated state of mind.

Using Showdown rules suggestions (like Tommygun)

Parts of the WH40k (4th Edi) Killteam rules
http://www.scribd.com/doc/27333638/Kill-Team-Part1
http://www.scribd.com/doc/27333737/Kill-Team-Part2
Cultists, Hybrids and DeepOnes being the Goon squads, of course

And my own rules on Sanity
Basically a Pluck Test each time the Agent sees a nonhuman creature and a table of Sanity effects (like the one uses in CoC)
1D6
  • 1= catatonia
  • 2= nervous breakdown
  • 3= panik
  • 5= anxiety state
  • 6= PTSD

Sofar a 10 pages .doc, unfortunately in German!  :?

Regards,
Josua

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 08:56:21 PM »
Been working on something in my head (yet to be written down) involving several types of zombies, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, demons etc. I like yr ideas about martian adventurers too. Also gonna try and write some rules for my Hasslefree Mesaans (cool aliens based on Half Life). When I get it all written down I'll post it up here somewhere.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »
I wrote a handful of rule modifications - the most complete were a Pulp set, a Pirate set (but then LotHS came out), an unfinished Ultramodern/Cyberpunk set, a very basic Retro Scifi set, and a Fallout set. I've also adapted it for one-off Gothic Horror and Pulp WW2 games - so I guess it's fair to say I really like the rules.  lol

Basically, I rate it quite highly for skirmishes, and I would at least initially consider it for pretty much every period/setting (except Medievals, where I would use the original LotR variant).

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 09:14:45 PM »
I wrote a handful of rule modifications - the most complete were a Pulp set, a Pirate set (but then LotHS came out), an unfinished Ultramodern/Cyberpunk set, a very basic Retro Scifi set, and a Fallout set. I've also adapted it for one-off Gothic Horror and Pulp WW2 games - so I guess it's fair to say I really like the rules. 

Basically, I rate it quite highly for skirmishes, and I would at least initially consider it for pretty much every period/setting (except Medievals, where I would use the original LotR variant).

Any plans to share? I've been considering a fallout based one too. Quite like to take a look.

Offline Zapasnik

• Schoolboy
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 06:45:14 AM »
Currently writing on a Legends of The Lost World variation - Lizardmen and such stuff...
and used a modern variation for Zombie-Gaming.

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 09:19:47 AM »
Sticking to the Old West theme I am cooking up some variations for hunting. I've lots of Mountain Men here I haven't painted yet, and would like to use them for more than shoot-outs.

It will mostly be run with Encounter cards. Nothing too fancy I'm afraid! Bears, deer, Indians, foul weather...

I did start going over the LOTR rules and adapt them for Greek myth.

Offline Evil Bob

• Bookworm
    • Evil Bob's Miniature Painting
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 10:53:18 AM »
We did a pulp version. We have a lot of fun with it.

Offline bennyj

• Assistant
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »
Sticking to the Old West theme I am cooking up some variations for hunting. I've lots of Mountain Men here I haven't painted yet, and would like to use them for more than shoot-outs.

It will mostly be run with Encounter cards. Nothing too fancy I'm afraid! Bears, deer, Indians, foul weather...

had some similar ideas for a mountain men hunt-style game, still haven't done anything for it yet...