Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:04:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters' League - Season Four - The Results  (Read 79655 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
The Lead Painters' League - Season Four - The Results
« on: May 03, 2010, 09:17:19 PM »
Dear friends,

It's always a bit sad when an LPL season comes to an end. So this time, too, I have to tell you that the Season Four of the Lead Painters League is over.

On the other hand, it’s always a welcome break from nonstop looking for ideas and minis for the next round, painting, varnishing, basing, photographing and so on…I know, I'm that way, too.

LPL is hard, maybe too hard, especially while it’s running, but honestly...now...after 10 rounds and lots of newly painted teams…a good feeling, isn’t it? Maybe it’s just me, but I like it exactly that way.

It was a great show again. 46 participants, hunderts of teams, thousands of minis, 230 matches, about 60.000 votes. I would say that as painters and wargamers we have every reason to be proud of us!

Now let me announce our winners…

And the winner of the Season Four of the LPL is…the Master of the Paints, the Magician of the Brush, the Lord of the Secrets of the Mysterious Art of Photography…the unrivalled Captain Blood! Well fighted, Richard, congratulations for winning the battle!

The second place goes to…sorry…never managed to write right his name …wait a minute…just have to copy and paste…the Knight of the Order of the Vivid Colors, the fabulous D@rth J@ymZ! Good performance, James!

And the third place goes to …the Prince of the Kingdom of the Marvelous Painting, the grandiose Heldrak!  Top notch entrance, Michael!

And now, as usual, some honorable mentions:
- Dolmot, who entered most creepy entries, fantastic and unusual choice of miniatures, everything very nicely painted, a true master of Horror!
- Hammers, who built most spectacular dioramas
- Chambersofminiatures , “who came within a whisker of a top three finish” again (s. Season 3) Patrick, I really hope next time you’ll more luck!
- Overlord, who managed to collect ALL possible theme bonus points!
- JMGraham, who demonstrated a quite uncommon painting style
- Greywolf, who painted not only his minis but also the setting backgrounds
- Silent Invader, who painted and SCULPTED his minis
- Froggy The Great, who discovered a really groundbreaking using of a computer mouse
- Uncle Mike, who entered a most delicious entry with his Evil-oompas and Nougat
- Doc Twilight, who painted really LOTS of spaceships

Sorry to all other participants, who haven’t been mentioned, YOU ALL HAVE SHOWN TREMENDOUS CREATIVITY and it’s been a pleasure and honor to run the league again. Thank you very much!

And last but not least…the final leader board…

Offline answer_is_42

• Mastermind
  • Mostly Harmless.
Re: The Lead Painters' League - Season Four - The Results
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 09:29:33 PM »
#39?! Three off my target, damn. ::)

Good show everyone! Congratulations to the winners (and we'll all accept that Capt. Blood won freely and fairly. It's not like he was in a position to modify the results or anything ;)). Fantastic entries as always.

So. When's the next one?
I told you so. You damned fools.
 - H.G. Wells

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 09:32:59 PM »
So. When's the next one?

Ask Captain, next time it's his turn  :D

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:37:35 PM »

Yessss! I’m in the top 5… of the second half of the participants lol

Nice work to everyone’s who entered in the LPL.

Congratulations to the winner, nice work Richard 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Arcticman

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »
Congratulations to all the entrants! It was a great start to every monday watching all the entires. Every week I found it difficult to choose whom to vote for, because of the great painting  and imagination involved.
Great show!
I might even participate next time just for the fun of it.
 :D

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 10:26:41 PM »
Great time! Can't wait till the next one! Thanx to everyone involved.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 10:58:29 PM »
Well deserved win Captain.
It been a great competition thanks for all the hard work running it Prof.
Congratulations to all who took part. Looking forward to seeing you all here again next year.
I am gobbed smacked that I managed to work (fought/sneaked) my way up to 16th, with the very high level of competition

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 03:20:05 AM »
Definitely a great season!

Congratulations to all competitors, from first to last, who provided so many beautiful entries, an enormous amount of creative and inspiring works of metal madness and who proved themselves to be true Adventurers for taking up and meeting the challenge of the Lead Painters' League.  I bow before each and everyone of you for your inspiring efforts and work.  Thank you all, very, very much.

And, lest we forget....

Three Cheers for the Prof... the first for hosting this marvelous contest... the second for not only running the show but competing as well... and the third for his wonderful entries which set the standard for which others had to overcome.

You are a Real Gentlemen, Alex.

Offline CPT Shanks

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 05:42:41 AM »
WHAT? No mention of 44, 45, and 46 in the lead we liked least category?  :o lol
"welcome to the world of cascading failure"

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 05:49:14 AM »
I must say, I most like the honorable mentions.  Thanks for highlighting the odd accomplishments.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 06:32:44 AM »
I must say, I most like the honorable mentions.  Thanks for highlighting the odd accomplishments.

I concur  :). Thankyou Prof. for the mention,it has made my day :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 06:41:56 AM »
It was a great thing to participate in, and congratulations to the winners!!

Bit addictive though as I painted the whole saturday to get my fresh entry done... let`s just try to keep that momentum going and I might actually get off the first layer of Lead Mountain before 2017  lol

Next time, I`ll definitly be participating again, this is great fun

Offline valleyboy

• Mad Scientist
    • Valleyboy's Wargames
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 08:11:08 AM »
I really enjoyed following this and have never taken such a keen interest in a painting comp before
The entries really were most impressive, I hope those taking part had as much enjoyment as I did from admiring your efforts over the past 10 rounds
well done to you all and thank you
I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. - Winston Churchill

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 08:51:32 AM »

we'll all accept that Capt. Blood won freely and fairly. It's not like he was in a position to modify the results or anything ;)

lol

Yes, it's a bit off really, isn't it. I honestly didn't think I was going to come top this time - I didn't even chase all the possible bonus points, dammit  ;)

Next time I shall definitely sit it out!

Mind you, it was only by a whisker. Congratulations to D@rth, Heldrak and Chambers. You pushed me very very close  :)

So. When's the next one?

Ask Captain, next time it's his turn  :D

I think we all need a break for a few months, don't we? But I will be happy to run LPL5 in due course. (Although I might take up one or two offers of assistance with the bookkeeping side of things! It really is a shedload of work.)

Thanks Alex, for running the show. A great undertaking all round, with many wonderful and creative entries. Well done to everyone that took part, and especially those who kept up with the punishing pace. It is, as they say, a marathon not a sprint!  ;)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:56:40 AM by Captain Blood »

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 08:55:28 AM »
Big round of applause for the professor, everyone.

LPL is hard, maybe too hard, especially while it’s running, but honestly...now...after 10 rounds and lots of newly painted teams…a good feeling, isn’t it? Maybe it’s just me, but I like it exactly that way.

It is for me, as I have said, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the competition. You could potentially send in entries at a pace and quality which agrees with you as long as you don't mind not winning. But if you are, like me, in it if not to win at least to see how you measure up against the other fellow whose work you like*), then it can become pretty rough.

To me there is quite a conflict in LPL. Planning an  entry is all about inspiration and I can't see myself making something just to get an entry in. And it *has* to look good, to me, otherwise there is no point. To achieve this within a week is almost impossible to me and therefore it becomes a chore which is not good since this is supposed to be a hobby **).

I therefore doubt I will participate next time ***) unless I can find more spare time in my life. Unfortunately I have heard several others indicating this as a reason why they don't participate.

*)...and hopefully make him/her smart a little. Hey, Captain Blood, round 9, did it hurt a bit? ;)
**)...says the guy with so many posts the LPL is creakig at the seams...
***)Something I've said a couple of time just to change my mind at the last minute. I am a very complex and interesting guy that way.