Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:53:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Help identifying a miniature  (Read 2498 times)

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
Help identifying a miniature
« on: May 07, 2010, 10:44:17 AM »
Hello Gothic Horror painters, modelers, and fans; your help please.

I'm currently painting some vampires.  A couple of months ago I ordered this pack from Westwind: http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_19&products_id=543

It comes with a vampire with sword raised, a turkish-looking gent with a long spear, a woodsmen (pictured), and a fourth figure that I'm having trouble identifying.  The figure is wearing late 17th/early 18th century stereotypical French outfit, hair in a ponytail, with a great sword slung behind.  He also sports a metal collar (presumably to protect from vampires).

I'm trying to figure out whether the model is;
1. A vampire
2. A vampire's henchman
3. A vampire hunter

And while I'm asking questions, there is a part of the model that protrudes from the left half of the chest, near the armpit, that almost looks like it could be the butt of a pistol (but I'm sure it isn't).  Does anyone know what this is?  I was hoping that someone who owned the models for the game that they were originally sculpted for might be able to tell me something about this model before I decide what to do with it.

Thanks in advance,
JET

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
Re: Help identifying a miniature
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 11:37:02 AM »
Posting a picture of the figure in question would probably be a good idea... ::)
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 01:03:12 PM »
Posting a picture of the figure...

Wise words.  Sadly, I posted this question from work, and both my camera and the figure in question are home.  I think that those who were into the Vampire Wars rules (i.e. Malamute) will know the figure I'm describing without the photo, and if not, I'll post a photo tonight or tomorrow.

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 01:32:16 PM »
from your description jet, it sounds very much like a vampire hunter,

i don't have that pack, but it sounds similar to others that they do, the metal gorget type thing is worn by vampire hunters to protect against being bitten as you thought.

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
    • World Historyprof-History Real & Imagined through Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 04:48:08 PM »
from your description jet, it sounds very much like a vampire hunter,

i don't have that pack, but it sounds similar to others that they do, the metal gorget type thing is worn by vampire hunters to protect against being bitten as you thought.

regards

jim

Have to agree, sounds like a vamp hunter with a beheading sword.  Could the buldge be a hammer or wooden spike for that full heart pounding experience?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 05:07:47 PM »
You mean the figure below I think?

He comes from one of the West Wind packs with two vampires and two vampire hunters.
(My recent VSF 'Colonel Szekely' posted under VSF Adventures is the other vampire hunter from this pack).

The figure doesn't look too bad from front and back - but viewed from the side he's kind of flat :(
The thing sticking out, I think is supposed to be the handle of a pistol - but if so, it's very crudely done.
It reminds me that some of these West Wind Gothic Horror figures are much better sculpted than others - this is certainly the least good figure in this particular pack...

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 11:15:10 PM »
That is indeed the one Captain!  And I noticed your fine use of the gent with the mustache and the spear.  So, If there are supposed to be two Vampires and two Hunters per pack, this guy must be a vampire?!? 

Thanks for the insights so far gentlemen.  This mystery will be solved!