Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:27:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689611
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mordheim Quest Campaign: Battle Reports (pic heavy) - Updated July 7  (Read 23005 times)

Offline Maniacus

• Bookworm
    • Terrain Specialties Forum
Here is the next installment in our ongoing campaign . . .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Battle Report 6:  The Orc Encampment

The adventurers previously assisted the dwarven mining expedition in defeating the foul ratmen that were besieging them within the ancient mine.  In gratitude the dwarves helped the party find another safe route back to the surface.  To their great good fortune, this alternate exit from the mine brought them out onto a high vantage point in the hill country.  From this lofty perch they were able to finally spot their elusive prey – the sought after orc encampment from which the greenskins were launching their raids throughout the country side.

The group hastily formed their plan of attack and readied themselves to stealthfully approach the camp and put a final end to the orc threat.  On the climb downward Maximus the pit fighter fell to his death (owing to the player losing his character sheet) and the party then found a quick replacement in the form of Nathe, a priest of Taal who was conveniently nearby at a local wilderness shrine.

As they prepared to launch their surprise attack, the party now consisted of:

Dargor Ironhelm – Dwarf Noble
Erol Otis – Wizard at Large
Erasmus Voltoc – Warrior Priest
Menk Blackthorne – Rogue
Hazkal Okri – Dwarf Engineer
Nathe – Priest of Taal
Elrond – Elf Shadow Warrior
Tuval – Flagellant
Jade the Bitter – Amazon Champion
Gabby the Wraith – Amazon Scout
Hagar the Merciless – Norse Berserker
Catherine “Cat” the Shunned - Wizard

Overview of the orc encampment.

The adventurers spot a group of human captives tied up to stakes within the heart of the orc camp.  If they are not rescued soon what horrible fate awaits them?

There's a time for joking around and a time to be serious; this is not one of them.

-------------------------------------------------

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Terrain_Specialties/

Offline Maniacus

• Bookworm
Part 2

Elrond the shadow warrior, Hagar the berserker, and Gabby the Amazon scout take up position on the left flank…

…while Hazkal the dwarf engineer and Nathe the Priest of Taal ready themselves behind cover in the center.

The rest of the party prepares to make a silent advance up the right flank, hoping to avoid alerting the orc sentries.

Menk Blackthorne and Jade sneak forward into cover.

“Surely they won’t see us if we can all fit behind this rock.”

Seeing his chance, Menk quietly slips from cover and catches the first orc senty unaware.  He eliminates him quietly without raising the alarm.

Meanwhile on the left flank another sentry hears the elf’s arrow whiz by him and moves in to investigate.

Another sentry spots the dwarf engineer and charges towards him but is intercepted by Nathe.

Offline Maniacus

• Bookworm
Part 3

While some of the orc encampment begins to move to arms due to the commotion, the bulk of the party continues to avance undetected up the right flank.  They have made it halfway to the captives held in the middle of the camp.

After striking a dashing pose, Menk scales up a craggy outcropping…

…and arrives undetected in perfect position to ambush an unwary goblin archer.

Unable to hold himself back any longer, Hagar the berserker unleashes his battle lust and shouts at the top of his lungs as he charges in and knocks down a sentry.  With any chance of stealth now gone the alarm is fully raised.

Taking her cue from Hagar, Jade throws the plan out the window and runs out from their hidden position on the right flank which alerts the orcs in the center of the camp.  The battle is now fully joined.

An unsettling roar is heard coming from one of the ramshackle huts as a horrifying troll emerges along with his goblin minder.  The troll looks around for a moment and after spotting the adventurers it begins quickly loping toward Hagar.

Seeing the foul creature rushing towards her comrade Hagar, Gabby begins to pepper the troll with arrows from the cover of the trees.  But to her horror her arrows don't seem to even slow it down.

One of the orc guards rushes toward the captives and draw its wicked looking knife.  

Erol Otis the mage and Erasmus Voltoc the warrior priest unleash fireballs and spells at the orc, but this is not enough to stop him.  The first helpless captive is slain before their eyes.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:29:17 PM by Maniacus »

Offline Maniacus

• Bookworm
Part 4

Meanwhile Hagar is engaged in a desperate fight with the troll.  He manages to wound it, but is ultimately put out of action after being splattered with the creature’s corrosive vomit.

The warriors cut down several more orcs and try to work their way closer to rescue the captives.

With the captives now out of the immediate danger, Dargor Ironhelm runs as fast as his stubby dwarf legs will carry him toward the orc shaman which has emerged from a nearby hut.  Erasmus takes up position behind some barrels and begins chanting a spell of blessing on his comrades.

The shaman attempts to cast several spells, but they fizzle without doing any damage to the adventurers.  Gork is apparently not pleased with him this day.

Dargor and Erasmus quickly move in and put an end to the shaman before he has a chance to attempt any more spells.

Meanwhile the rest of the party methodically dispatches the remaining orcs, goblins, and the wounded troll.

Having slain the last of the orc resistance, the heroes free the remaining captives and set about searching the orc encampment.  They find a treasure stash which is no doubt the accumulated plunder from the orcs’ ongoing raids throughout the countryside.

The two priests attend to the wounds of Elrond who was put out of action by a goblin archer but makes a full recovery.  After the troll’s vomit is cleaned off of Hagar he also recovers, but now seems to suffer from a nervous condition.  Undoubtedly his fate could have been much worse after nearly being eaten by a troll this day.

After loading up with as much treasure and items as they can carry from the orcs’ stash, the adventurers take the former captives in tow and prepare to lead them back through the wilderness to safety.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:48:43 PM by Maniacus »

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Brilliant, please keep these coming!

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
Great terrain, great minis and great games!  Thanks for sharing.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Mordheim Quest Campaign: Battle Reports (pic heavy) - Updated June 1
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 11:50:18 AM »
This is one nice thread. Nice stories, nice pics. And you really have some great terrain pieces there. I was really impressed with the winter setting.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 01:05:16 PM »

Really nice table !  Nicely built, but also really clever to create caverns ! I'' take the idea, thanks !

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »
I like the moveable stones to block passageways, that's a really useful idea!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 02:46:47 PM »
EXCELLENT battle reports, minis, & photos...keep us updated on your adventures.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 05:12:18 PM »
Nice batrep.  :-*

Great collection of minis and terrain.

I haven't seen the Orc Shaman miniature since grade school.

Offline Maniacus

• Bookworm
Good fun!

What miniature is that archeress, Gabby?

I believe that miniature is from the Game Workshop Mordheim Amazon Warband.

Offline luidinuovo

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 03:59:41 AM »
Great Stuff.How do you Calculate the amount of enemies on the tape value or its value?Like the Idea to use Mordheim and LotR rule mix.
Cheers

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 02:48:04 PM »
Well narrated Battle Reports, COOL photos, & nicely done minis & terrain; what more could anyone want...aside from several hundred thousand $s & a nymphomaniac? VERY WELL DONE!

Offline Chaos Wolf

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
Great stuff!! This looks like a lot of fun, I'd like to give it a try. Do you have a link to your house rules, or could you give me a general rundown on the tweaks you've made to the rule sets?