Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:45:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689758
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Crew of an armored car of Red army of 28 mm from "Siberia-miniatures".  (Read 24226 times)

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Helo.
Unfortunately, transfer of figures from Russia costs very expensively that will strongly affect the price of figures. The price of the pedestrian figure at purchase at me in Russia nearby 2 USD. An armored car – 23, 5 USD. But mail abroad costs nearby 10 USD for a package to 300 gramme. The parcel with the big weight will cost more expensive still. I try to find cheaper way of sending. If I will find such way, I will necessarily inform you.
One more unpleasant moment - PayPal to Russia does not send money. Bank remittance is possible only.
English-speaking site, probably, I will make only next year.
Other characters to make of a film «White sun of desert» yet did not plan, but all is possible  :)
With the Professor teamwork possibility it is discussed, as there will be results, we will inform at once you.
Now in work, except Basmachi, armored cars of "Dzheffri-Poplavko" and "Garford". Then I plan figures of soldiers of Bukhara khanate, the pedestrian Basmachi and the soldier of Ataman Annenkov. 
Thanks for interest to my work.
Michael.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Michael,

I expect to pay a lot in postage honestly. Even the prices in the US have gone up considerably in the last few years. To get something as well done and on such a rare subject as your figures it is well worth it in my mind.

Bukharans, you say? I think you have become my new favorite LAF member!  :D Have you read any of Peter Hopkirk's books by chance?  I know he has inspired several of my friends to want figures like the ones you are making.

I hope you do consider making figures for Sukhov and other characters from the movie. It has become one of my favorite films since discovering it on this site a couple of years ago.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Bukharans, you say? I think you have become my new favorite LAF member! 

What he said! It would be nice to have you with us at a LAF meet sometime.

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
Is Professor Alex still working in Russia? Maybe he can distribute to the lead hungry LAFers....

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
Yep. If no PayPal or easy direct payment method, then we gotta hope for an importer.

Or else he and I can meet halfway to exchange goods. That could be Adak in the Alaskan Aleutians. Adak has an airport.

lol

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
I've dropped a PM to Michael about someone in the UK (reputable) either importing or doing a royalty deal on casting.  Hope this is of interest mate!
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
That's a great idea Ignatieff. I don't think these would make anyone rich, but surely there is enough interest to make them a profitable thing to stock!

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
That's a great idea Ignatieff. I don't think these would make anyone rich, but surely there is enough interest to make them a profitable thing to stock!

I've a good mate, with a great reputation, ready to rock!

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Greetings friends!
I will think of making other characters of «the White sun of desert». Probably, it will be the complete set from 4 figures: Sukhov, Petruha (Peter), Said, Vereschagin. Here only I will finish already begun figures and models.
To mister Ignatieff thanks for assistance, the offer which has arrived from its partner I I consider.

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog

Excellently sculpted figures and very interesting ranges too.

I do like the sound of the Basmchi and Bukharans....cant quite think how I might find a use for them tho.....not like I have an fictional emirate in the back of beyond to run..oh wait a moment!!

;)

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
I have 200 of them waiting for accurate figures.  Currently its a mix of Foundry zanzibarbarians, late 19th century Russians, Afghan war ranges, but no proper figures.  I'll be taking quite a few!

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
I agree with everyone, they are very cool and I would like to add them to my Back of Beyond/Russian Civil War Armies.  How can I order them here in the United States?

Offline koz10

• Scientist
What's the website address? I've searched for 28mm Siberia-Miniatures and all I see are sites about dogs!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
What's the website address? I've searched for 28mm Siberia-Miniatures and all I see are sites about dogs!

Cuprum has put a very modest linky in his signature field:
Studio "Siberia":http://siberia-miniatures.ru/

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
I used to get models from russia (1/43) and Moneygram works in a pinch for sending cash.  You can get a business account so you can use your credit card online.

In my experience, Bank Transfers from the US take time the first go round, but are faster the second time.  Perhaps someone needs to carry his line and import them in small numbers...