Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

Who's your favourite character in Aliens?

Bishop
12 (12.1%)
Hicks
28 (28.3%)
Hudson
19 (19.2%)
Ripley
13 (13.1%)
Vasquez
27 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: They mostly come out at night-mostly....  (Read 10473 times)

Offline Photographer

• Mad Scientist
    • Double 0 Sven
Re: They mostly come out at night-mostly....
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 11:32:51 PM »
Secret Agent KKBB Blog

http://double0sven.blogspot.com/

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »
Will try.

I actually felt sorry for Gorman. Throughout the movie he fluffs everything up even though he tries to project a competent image. I especially found it very moving at the end when he attempts to rescue Vasquez but ultimately fails in doing so. Added to that, she does not acknowledge him for his bravery.

Capone was brilliant as a father figure whose role is quickly snuffed out, thereby decapitating the group leadership.

Hudson is my personal favourite. He's a snivelling coward who shields himself with sarcasm, but deep down he's heroic and gets on with the job when pushed.

Hudson was not a coward, you'll see that he was at the end of his tour and getting short, as with marines ending their tours in nam, they would get twitchy, refer to themselves as bullet magnets, see things as bad omens and generally psych out! This is what Hudson was experiencing, it was the marine training that kicked back in.

Sgt Apone (he's not an Italian American gangster you know!  ::)) was one of my own personal favourites in the film, gunny through and through:

Apone: All right, sweethearts, you're a team and there's nothin' to worry about. We come here, and we gonna conquer, and we gonna kick some, is that understood? That's what we gonna do, sweethearts, we are going to go and get some. All right, people, on the ready line! Are ya lean?
Marines: Yea!
Apone: Are ya mean?
Apone: WHAT ARE YOU?
Marines: Lean and mean!
Apone: WHAT ARE YOU? HUDSON! Get on the ready line, Marines, get some today! Get on the ready line! Move it out! Move it out, goddammit! Get hot! One, two, three, four! Get out, get out, get out! Move it out, move it out, move it out! Move it out, move it out, move it out! One, two, three, four, five, six, seven! Aaarrrrr, absolutely badassess! Let's pack 'em in! Get in there!

Now I suggest that as pennance for getting the names wrong you buy some reference material and are forced to watch aliens again today! :D

The Commander
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:25:49 AM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 10:36:13 AM »
This is absoloutley superb, keep it coming!

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
Re: Working on an Aliens Project
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »
Alas, I only paint  :(

There's a company called Chapterhouse Studios that makes "Xenomorph heads" for use with GW minis (specifically Tyranids, but could be used with Bloodletters).  I have a couple of sets - they're quite nice in the actual, uh, resin.

Here's a linky:

http://chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=71&category_id=34

Also have to say - your project is looking great!

Offline Photographer

• Mad Scientist
    • Double 0 Sven
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2010, 05:56:23 PM »
Hudson was not a coward, you'll see that he was at the end of his tour and getting short, as with marines ending their tours in nam, they would get twitchy, refer to themselves as bullet magnets, see things as bad omens and generally psych out! This is what Hudson was experiencing, it was the marine training that kicked back in.

Sgt Apone (he's not an Italian American gangster you know!  ::)) was one of my own personal favourites in the film, gunny through and through:

Apone: All right, sweethearts, you're a team and there's nothin' to worry about. We come here, and we gonna conquer, and we gonna kick some, is that understood? That's what we gonna do, sweethearts, we are going to go and get some. All right, people, on the ready line! Are ya lean?
Apone: Are ya mean?
Apone: WHAT ARE YOU?
Marines: Lean and mean!
Apone: WHAT ARE YOU? HUDSON! Get on the ready line, Marines, get some today! Get on the ready line! Move it out! Move it out, goddammit! Get hot! One, two, three, four! Get out, get out, get out! Move it out, move it out, move it out! Move it out, move it out, move it out! One, two, three, four, five, six, seven! Aaarrrrr, absolutely badassess! Let's pack 'em in! Get in there!

Now I suggest that as pennance for getting the names wrong you buy some reference material and are forced to watch aliens again today! :D

The Commander

Will do.  :)

Offline Photographer

• Mad Scientist
    • Double 0 Sven
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2010, 05:57:31 PM »
This is absoloutley superb, keep it coming!

Cheers! Painted Hicks, Ripley and the sergeant. Plan to do something this week.

Offline Photographer

• Mad Scientist
    • Double 0 Sven
Re: Working on an Aliens Project
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2010, 05:58:25 PM »
There's a company called Chapterhouse Studios that makes "Xenomorph heads" for use with GW minis (specifically Tyranids, but could be used with Bloodletters).  I have a couple of sets - they're quite nice in the actual, uh, resin.

Here's a linky:

http://chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=71&category_id=34

Also have to say - your project is looking great!

Very kind of you sir.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 12:17:41 AM »
Heh, this may surprise some people. I had a crush on her too, btw, the bad-ass Marine chick!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001280/

Not me. I have the quadrilogy, and they certainly stressed what they had to do to make her look proper. That joke about how Vasquez 'thought she heard illegal alien and signed up' is a reference to when the actress showed up for the audition for the movie thinking it was actually about unwanted immigrants. lol

Here's a linky:

Hey, Navarro's ymgarl stealer heads are finally available. :D
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »
These new Space Hulk Genestealers are great sculpts and your paintjob is cool too.

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2010, 06:20:13 PM »
I will take some more photos when the next batch of Marines is finished - that keeps me motivated to paint.

If you like the Sci Fi Interior, take a look at this thread:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=9588.0