Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:28:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hooray for Helen  (Read 3035 times)

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
Hooray for Helen
« on: June 22, 2007, 02:12:30 PM »
General plaudits for Helen go here. I'd love to put "Great job!" in each thread, but I'd end up copy and pasting the same thing a dozen times. I suppose we can use the specific threads to ask specific questions.

Let me kick off: Hooray! I'm completely sold on side theaters of WWI now. Utterly sold. Too many lovely pictures, great figures en masse, and actual information about the campaigns. I'm just going to have to game this. God wants it.

Offline TadPortly

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.oxfordhousehold.co.uk/
Hooray for Helen
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 02:16:53 PM »
Completely agree.  totally amazing
They were all drawn to the Keep; the soldiers who brought death; the father and daughter fighting for life; the people who have always feared it; and the one man who knows its secret....

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Hooray for Helen
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 02:27:35 PM »
Yes, quite. Top hole.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
Hooray for Helen
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 02:29:38 PM »
Completely agree! i vote for a new subtitle for her "Top of the lead mountain" ;)
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Hooray for Helen
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 02:49:32 PM »
Definately, seconded :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
Hooray for Helen
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 06:02:31 PM »
A special mention must go to Mr Leroy Simpson surely? Who is this mysteious but talented painter? :wink:

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
Hooray for Helen
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 06:23:14 PM »
Yes, I agree. Hooray for Leroy Simpson! For his prolific painting and Teutonic Efficiency he shall now be known as Leopold Simpsonburg.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Hooray for Helen
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 06:48:54 PM »
Hooray, indeed, for the Lady and the Painter! ;)

For once, they make me look sane, since my big load of stuff looks positively well-sized next to her plethora of pewter paraphenalia! :lol: ;)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Hooray for Helen
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 12:53:25 AM »
Hi Guys

Firstly, Thankyou to all for your lovely comments. I'm indeed humbled and greatful that I've such kind and good folk who I take inspiration from.

As always I'm truly indebted to my great friend Leroy Simpson and thanks for his new title - he will get a kick out of that :)

Sideshows of the GreatWar doesn't really attract too many folks. Lon has rectified this and with Mike Owen and other talented designers have produced a lovely range of figures that are always being added too. I'm guilty in asking for more releases of such and such for a particular country:) I'm sure Lon is getting sick of me :lol:

As you know some of you have also been prolific in this area and I thankyou too for showing your figures, models and adventures to us folk.

What you have seen sofar of my collection is the tip of the iceberg - so to speak and sorry for the pun :oops:

I'll take some more photographs in time and additionally as I get some new painted figures and models from Leroy.

A Pete has indicated if you require information about anything I'll try and assist you. You are free to PM me if you so wish.

Take care, stay safe and good gaming. :)
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)