Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:32:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685059
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My wish list for Mutineer Miniatures  (Read 3443 times)

Offline Arcticman

• Scientist
My wish list for Mutineer Miniatures
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:47:15 PM »
Lengthy preamble:
I just received, with the usual speed of light that is the service of Mutineer Miniatures, a small order of various troops for the Mutiny.  I simply love them! I just had to base and prime them the minute I  laid my hands on them, and now I have been going throgh various Osprey's and John French's The British in India, to decide how to paint them.
Knowing that there will be head variants and cavlary to come, I am going to build my self a lead mountain of Mutineer minis, and we are still only talking about the British, later I will take on the sepoys and then Everest will seem no more than a mole hill.

The wish list:
I thought I'd submit this list to the members to see if there is interest in my suggestions for expansions to the range:

1 pack of Highlanders in "cold weather uniform" i.e doublet - for Lucknow

1 pack of Highland command in trews for Central India (existing minis can be used for other ranks)

I pack of 1st Belooch batalion (I know Foundry makes them but I would like some variation and the Mutineer version of them) for Delhi (also I like the action painting of the Baluchis in Ospreys MMA268 p 41, not only standing and firing)

1 pack of Madras Native infantry with their distinctive "turbans" (again Foundry makes them, but see above) - or a head set so that one can convert uniformed Bengal sepoys

1 pack of oficers and NCO's for native regiments - European officer type, native drummer, NCO, that sort of thing

For personalities I would like to see some portly British staff officers, standing around looking undecided, and  for the mutineers, the Rani of Jhansi on horseback.

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
Re: My wish list for Mutineer Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 09:27:36 AM »
I think everyone already knows what is top of my list - Airpipe helmets, but Brian has said these will be covered later :)

Highlander command in trews and troopers in '56 pattern doublets would go down well with me also. A few kilmarnocks would not go amiss, these are not often pictured but are mentioned. I suppose you would always illustrate a feather bonnet over a woolen cap.

Officers, NCO's & personalities aplenty, portly or otherwise and European civilians, especially "ladies".

When do we get to see some of your painted figs? The only ones I have seen other than my own are the ones on the Mutineer site.

Svennn
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Arcticman

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 07:33:16 PM »
And your painted figs are superb!  :-*
I hope to post  some pictures next weekend, right now I am trying to get a decent blue  for the 79th and for serge trousers on  my 32nd.

Yes; NCO's and personalities, civilians including ladies.

If someone could make a nice buggy and/or cart for the Piffers on ther way from Punjab it wold aslo be great!

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 04:35:07 AM »

The wish list:
I thought I'd submit this list to the members to see if there is interest in my suggestions for expansions to the range:

1 pack of Highland command in trews for Central India (existing minis can be used for other ranks)
Brilliant - BUT you'd need packs of troops in trews as well ;-D I'll second that as I need to paint up the 72nd for C.I.

I pack of 1st Belooch batalion (I know Foundry makes them but I would like some variation and the Mutineer version of them) for Delhi (also I like the action painting of the Baluchis in Ospreys MMA268 p 41, not only standing and firing)
Capitol idea! I'll second those as well...

1 pack of Madras Native infantry with their distinctive "turbans" (again Foundry makes them, but see above) - or a head set so that one can convert uniformed Bengal sepoys
Another cracking idea I need them for Madras and Hyderabad troops in C.I. as well (my fav Campaign)

1 pack of oficers and NCO's for native regiments - European officer type, native drummer, NCO, that sort of thing
Any british Company officers or NCO's will do; there is a native sepoy drummer in the Sepoy command pack. Although you might want one with his trousers on...

For personalities I would like to see some portly British staff officers, standing around looking undecided, and  for the mutineers, the Rani of Jhansi on horseback.
Agreed! and I would add Rao Sahib, Tantia Tope, and Kunwar Singh (there is an excellent period photo of him in the field during the mutiny with his retainers in Saul David's book on the Mutiny.
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 04:41:01 AM »
And your painted figs are superb!  :-*
I hope to post  some pictures next weekend, right now I am trying to get a decent blue  for the 79th and for serge trousers on  my 32nd.

Try Foundry Tomb Blue 23 or Vallejo Pastel Blue 901 or Pale Blue 906 for the sea smocks (79th) and Foundry Deep Blue 20 for new serge or Night Sky 62 or Storm Blue 39 maybe for more faded version. Foundry Deep Blue would work well for the kilts as well I think.

Hope that helps.

What other units from central India are you painting? I've made a LOT of notes on the Malwa and Central India Campaign.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:50:54 AM by sepoy1857 »