Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Couple of Stunties  (Read 5712 times)

Offline bc99

• Mad Scientist
Re: A Couple of Stunties
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 09:26:31 PM »
Thanks Phreedh. Those are too cool to pass up.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 04:44:28 PM »
Just a small update to let you know the web shop has been updated to include the two Dwarves and one other miniature.

Sold a few at the show yesterday.

Thanks for the comments on these and I hope to post more when they get cast.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 07:19:07 AM »
£4?!

Whoa. Sorry mate, I know you have to make a living and get the money back for the moulding and cost of sculpts, but that's out of my league.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 12:58:25 PM »
"£4?!  Whoa. Sorry mate, I know you have to make a living and get the money back for the moulding and cost of sculpts, but that's out of my league. "

£4 (c. $6) is not at all uncommon these days for a metal miniature, especially from small companies. Even Reaper - one of the biggest - now charges about $6.50 for a single figure.  If you buy "unit" figures the price may still be better, but for individual figures £4 is fairly standard.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 02:10:15 PM »
Just seems incredibly steep to me.
They are very nice models though and I guess the current fantasy market is mostly individual figures. All the pseudo-confrontation models are about this price I guess.

Ahh but reaper get away with it because they have such a large range. They also sell the stuff you won't find anywhere else.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 06:12:17 PM »
 Sorry to hear that £4.00 seems steep.It is hard pricing miniatures.Single piece castings work out cheaper because you can fit more on a mould.

I think the price is good for the miniature.I know some people have mentioned some of the miniatures being cheaper than they expected.

I suppose when you are the size of Reaper and can do all of the mould making and casting in house prices are cheaper.

The price debate has been going on for quite some time.The thing is if someone likes a miniaure they will pay the price.I know I have and still do.Some of the Privateer miniatures are quite steep.But at the end of the day you get what you want or look elsewhere for a cheaper alternative.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 07:55:33 PM »
I know, I totally agree with you. If it was half the price, I'd consider it, but for me they are too generic for even that.

However, they are lovely sculpts and I am sure there are plenty of people who want just these.

I am used to AA prices, bugger Privateer, I got into that a while ago and gave up when the power-creep took over and you had to keep up with your mates. They're worse than bloody GW.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 08:02:45 PM »
 I like the Privateer miniatures and have quite a few.Never had a game yet and probably wont.The Trolls are my fav though.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 11:37:44 PM »
I have some Privateer Press figures, but they tend toward lots of parts to glue together and over-sized weapons, both of which are turnoffs for me.  But when I see one I like I will generally buy it, even if they are on the pricey side.  There were a couple where I was torn until I saw the price tag, and then said "no". 

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 05:01:13 PM »
 I still like the Trollblood cavalry but like you mention they are a bit expensive.The Troll champions box set has loads of pieces which gives the miniatures that feel of movment that you would expect from charging trolls.