Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2018, 02:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: My workbench  (Read 207919 times)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
    • Wargamesgazette
Re: My workbench
« Reply #675 on: April 14, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »
I use an old kitchen apron for that reason
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Supporting Adventurer
  • scientist
« Reply #676 on: April 19, 2017, 09:35:39 AM »
Last weekend I finally finished my workbench after some (long time) preparation :D. I moved to a bigger appartment one and a half year ago and had a spare room available.

How it looked in december 2016:

The end result:

Paintingmode:

Preperation of miniatures:

DJ

Offline von Lucky

• galactic brain
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #677 on: April 19, 2017, 11:20:52 AM »
Love it.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Online Khadrin Stonetooth

• librarian
« Reply #678 on: April 19, 2017, 11:50:10 AM »
Me wants !

Offline haydn

• assistant
« Reply #679 on: April 19, 2017, 11:56:45 AM »
Excellent tidy up and a good looking paint holders  :D
life is a journey.
It how you tavel on that journey, that matters.

Offline Wirelizard

• Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #680 on: April 20, 2017, 06:10:42 PM »
My workbench is being relocated, but only from one side of the room to the other!

I'll get some natural light - that's a window top right - and ultimately more space to make a creative mess in! The short term disruption has me twitchy, though, especially with LPL running right now!

If you play the CSI "Enhance... enhance... enhance..." game on this photo you might be able to make out my next five LPL11 entries all lined up on the shockingly clean desk surface!

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • mastermind
« Reply #681 on: April 21, 2017, 02:46:29 AM »
Looking good WireLizard.  Scary thing is I recognize several of the figures as Pulp Figures with no magnifying. Seems I have some of them staring at me from my not so clean paint desk...  lol
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 02:57:55 AM by syrinx0 »
2017 A:-100; 2016:+1; 2015:-356; 2014:-164 2013:-418;  2012:-159

Offline Gunbird

• scatterbrained genius
  • In 20mm, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #682 on: August 21, 2017, 09:20:02 PM »
Decided to spend the last week of the summer holiday doing a complete overhaul of my hobby room......

Went from looking like this:

To this:

I sold off one of my 2 desks, removed as much empty (not that it ever was empty) horizontal space as possible as this seems a magnet for attracting crap. I was lucky that I found my fifth secondhand Alex cabinet on the day I was putting my furniture back into the room so that added enough storage space for painted stuff to keep me going till retirement I hope. Threw out a lot of stuff and the cabinet toppers and small sets of drawers beside me will go up for sale on the local fleabay, joined by a ton of kits and older models I have no more use of.

Yes, it is very clean, and you don't see any paintpots or anything. I don't even have a display case or anything. Everything is behind closed doors. Leaving it out on the table just seems to bring out the clutter monster in me and affects my mood a lot, and I need this space for studying as well. I know it's a tad OCDish but it works for me. And my wife is over the moon with the change so that counts for something. Now to keep it this way.  :D

Tons more of info about the rest of the room on my Blog btw >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.nl/2017/08/d-day-7.html
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, travels around to get in the occasional game. Current flavour of the month - Frostgrave! >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • mastermind
« Reply #683 on: August 22, 2017, 03:32:05 AM »
Nice job! Just cleaning up my room after dumping the GenCon acquisitions.  Sometimes you just need to tidy up to get motivated to paint again.

Online DeafNala

• galactic brain
« Reply #684 on: September 17, 2017, 03:17:13 PM »
This does seem like a FINE way of getting to know each other; i.e., what speaks more about the inner being of a person that their workplace...other than an ex wife that is.
This is my main work station:

The painting/modeling area:

Works In Progress of the larger sort with some sorting in the boxes:

Photo Stages & materials:

My room mate; she likes greeting visitors at the door:

AND The Skeleton in the closet:

There you have it...light the torches!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline von Lucky

• galactic brain
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #685 on: September 17, 2017, 10:12:57 PM »
Nothing really surprises me there. The only question I have is why did you board up the back of the closet? Sure, Jadis can cause some fear, but her powers don't have much use here. (Unless it's to stop you from tempting fate and travelling there?)

Online DeafNala

• galactic brain
« Reply #686 on: September 19, 2017, 02:17:30 AM »
Nothing really surprises me there. The only question I have is why did you board up the back of the closet? Sure, Jadis can cause some fear, but her powers don't have much use here. (Unless it's to stop you from tempting fate and travelling there?)

It's not really a closet. It's a wardrobe, hand made by Cap'n John & lined with cedar...pretty impressive in person.
Thanks for the reply, von Lucky. It's nice to see a familiar/friendly face over here.

Offline Treebeard

• mad scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
« Reply #687 on: September 25, 2017, 03:50:01 PM »
That's what I call a workbench.  :p
No women allowed in that brillant mess :)

Online DeafNala

• galactic brain
« Reply #688 on: September 30, 2017, 07:12:40 PM »
That's what I call a workbench.  :p
No women allowed in that brillant mess :)

Thanks, Treebeard. I am glad you like it. The few females that have viewed the room have never returned...so much for a social life.

Offline jmilesr01

• librarian
    • lair of the Uber Geek
« Reply #689 on: June 11, 2018, 12:12:47 PM »
It's been awhile since someone posted here so I thought I'd throw in a post about some "reclaimed" space.  Next to my gaming room in the basement thee is a small 8ft x 8ft bump out that I finally decided to clear out.  I used to have my HO scale layout in that room (my prior hobby to wargaming).  Anyway, as part of a de-cluttering decree from my lovely, yer fierce wife I finally decided to pack up the railroad stuff and see about re-using that space.

After some thinking and approval from management of my plan the room was cleared up with one half being used for storage and the other half being used for a scenery workbench. 

The right side will be used to store my sectional terrain panels:

The storage racks were built out of scrap plywood

I've also got some 2ft x 2ft panels which will take up the rest of the space to the left of the panels.

The other half of the room will be a scenery workbench and have storage for all my scenting materials.  Its the first time I've gotten all this stuff in one place, so hopefully I'll be a bit more efficient and not re-buy stuff because I can't find it.  My lack of organization and the convienance of Amazon Prime same day delivery "may" have resulted in more than a few duplicates..

And finally, a shot of the workbench being used for it's first gaming scenery project - staining some Lunesdargent Egyptian themed dungeon tiles.  These will be used in my upcoming 2018 Historicon games "DAK & Dragons" and it's modern equivalent "SOCOM & Sorcery"

Miles
http://lairoftheubergeek.blogspot.com