Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:07:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686612
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My workbench  (Read 357751 times)

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: My workbench
« Reply #675 on: June 15, 2018, 01:41:18 AM »
Here is my workbench with cat outdoor enclosure through my bedroom window.

Quite a nice pallet in your room. Lots of cheery sunlight too. Not at all like the dungeon I paint in.  :)
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
  • Pulp Alley Phantom Agent
    • Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer
« Reply #676 on: August 17, 2018, 03:23:24 AM »
Man I love that lighting by Joe something that I feel I cannot have enough of, and something that I feel I do not have enough yet.

At any rate recently started cleaning up my gaming room, thought it was worth some pics.

Here are pics of my table work area. It is sad that it still looks a bit cluttered and yet I know it is the most organized, and the cleanest it has ever been... :(
I should have taken a before and after picture so that one could appreciate the difference, suffice to say the pile of stuff stacked on top of the desk has been reduced such that one can actually see the table top.

These are all the pictures of my workbench, but if you want to see the gaming room proper, which contains the work area, feel free to follow the link.

Pic 1  Table location in the gaming room, also moveable cutting surface
Pic 2  The table itself
Pic 3  Storage above
Pic 4  Storage to the right
Pic 5  Painting guides just behind where I sit

https://menelduir.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_9.html
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 03:32:50 AM by Menelduir »
For more gaming stuff feel free to check out my blogs:
General blog: Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer @ http://menelduir.blogspot.ca/
Painting/building blog @ https://menelduirspainting.blogspot.com/
VSF related blog @ https://vsfadventuresofmenelduir.blogspot.com/

Offline jthomlin

• Scientist
    • My Trade site
« Reply #677 on: August 17, 2018, 04:29:31 AM »
Man I love that lighting by Joe something that I feel I cannot have enough of, and something that I feel I do not have enough yet.

It's lot easier to get good lighting now, these were not available when I got my LED strips:
https://store.yujiintl.com/products/bc-series-a60-high-cri-remote-phosphor-led-bulb-unit-2-pcs?variant=27740384775
https://store.yujiintl.com/products/bc-series-remote-phosphor-bulb?variant=824493205
Share with some mates and the cost is US $30-$40 for 2 bulbs that will last ~25,000 hours. (I recommend the 10W 5000K)

Combine them with the ubiquitous IKEA Tertial lamp:
https://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/50355442/
Which are dirt cheap and can be mounted horizontally or vertically via clamp or screws and you can get a great high CRI setup for US $50-$60 plus postage.

Cheers!
Joe Thomlinson
"There is a pleasure sure In being mad which none but madmen know."

~John Dryden, The Spanish Friar, 1681

Offline jthomlin

• Scientist
    • My Trade site
« Reply #678 on: August 17, 2018, 04:34:06 AM »
These are all the pictures of my workbench, but if you want to see the gaming room proper, which contains the work area, feel free to follow the link.

A man after my own heart with all those of plastic containers!  ;D

Cheers!
Joe Thomlinson

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #679 on: September 18, 2018, 02:42:26 PM »
I only hope to have just a work bench little alone a whole room, at current I have to use the dining room table, which take time to set up and to take down but I manage (sigh) some day.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #680 on: October 01, 2018, 10:53:46 AM »
my, some workspaces here and a half ... :o

but you gotta particularly love deafnala's and Helen's from a 'vibes' point of view ...

Offline Billchuck

• Scientist
    • Velociengineer.net
« Reply #681 on: December 02, 2018, 02:30:36 AM »
My own workbench, “toddler-proofed”.  It’s kept him out so far.  I’m dreading the coming “velociraptor figures out doorknobs” moment.

Offline valleyboy

• Mad Scientist
    • Valleyboy's Wargames
« Reply #682 on: December 15, 2018, 07:57:00 PM »
Mine's a bit of a mess at present

I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. - Winston Churchill

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #683 on: December 16, 2018, 12:50:36 AM »
Thanks for your kind comments. Some lovely painting desks pictured here. Having natural light available at your fingertip is very handy.

Best wishes to you all,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline ffrum

• Librarian
« Reply #684 on: December 18, 2018, 06:32:25 PM »
I admire your chaos to order Menelduir.  Pictures here are my attempts to bring order to the figures in my basement.  I really need better light in the underground hobby area as discussed below.  Thanks for the suggestions!

One photo rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise - sorry.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:38:10 PM by ffrum »

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #685 on: December 18, 2018, 07:46:53 PM »
Love it.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline tom q vaxy

• Librarian
« Reply #686 on: December 19, 2018, 02:25:50 AM »
I only hope to have just a work bench little alone a whole room, at current I have to use the dining room table, which take time to set up and to take down but I manage (sigh) some day.

one of my earliest, and most vivid, modeling memories comes from the cover of a 1930s Model Railroader magazine. it was a picture of a brass locomotive in O scale sitting on a kitchen table. on the corner of the table was a little clamp on vise, and an eggbeater style hand drill. various files, screwdrivers and a hammer rounded out this fellow modeling kit.

that dining room table is your place of honor!

Offline MustContainMinis

• Librarian
    • Must Contain Minis
« Reply #687 on: January 11, 2019, 06:35:39 AM »
I am working on setting up my work area now. Went to IKEA to buy new furniture. I bought a Malm desk and two book shelves to go on either side. I am now in the process of looking for organizational items to go on top of the desk and figuring out the lamp. I was going to buy the swing arm one from IKEA, but they changed the rating on the wattage of bulbs it takes and I want to up bulb them with LED daylight bulbs to help with photography. The IKEA ones don’t meet the power rating I want for Wattage.

If you want to check out my planning process about this workstation in development, check out... https://mustcontainminis.com/2019/01/planning-the-perfect-hobby-room-for-miniatures.html
Check out my site Must Contain Minis. I do news, previews, showcases and reviews of miniatures and miniature related products.

Offline Billchuck

• Scientist
    • Velociengineer.net
« Reply #688 on: January 11, 2019, 11:41:50 AM »
I am working on setting up my work area now. Went to IKEA to buy new furniture. I bought a Malm desk and two book shelves to go on either side. I am now in the process of looking for organizational items to go on top of the desk and figuring out the lamp. I was going to buy the swing arm one from IKEA, but they changed the rating on the wattage of bulbs it takes and I want to up bulb them with LED daylight bulbs to help with photography. The IKEA ones don’t meet the power rating I want for Wattage.

If you want to check out my planning process about this workstation in development, check out... https://mustcontainminis.com/2019/01/planning-the-perfect-hobby-room-for-miniatures.html

Remember, that wattage rating is actually a heat rating based on incandescent bulbs. If you are using led or fluorescent bulbs, look at the actual wattage rather than the equivalent wattage. A “60 watt” led bulb is as bright as a 60 watt incandescent. If you look at the small print, it actually uses 12 watts or something.

Offline MustContainMinis

• Librarian
    • Must Contain Minis
« Reply #689 on: January 23, 2019, 01:49:26 AM »
Remember, that wattage rating is actually a heat rating based on incandescent bulbs. If you are using led or fluorescent bulbs, look at the actual wattage rather than the equivalent wattage. A “60 watt” led bulb is as bright as a 60 watt incandescent. If you look at the small print, it actually uses 12 watts or something.

Thanks BillChuck.

I ended up using 15W LED bulbs in up to 60W lamps.  :)