Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:34:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My workbench  (Read 357784 times)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
My workbench
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:42:01 AM »
I just figured out the basic difference between Teutonic Efficiency and The Proper Efficiency of an English Gentleman

Steve Dean:

The Professor:

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:56:39 AM »
Oh my god! The latter must be "The Workbench to end all Workbenches!" :o

Now that sets a benchmark that will be hard to beat! :lol:

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:11:33 AM »
Yup - been envious of the Prof.'s workplace ever since I saw the pics of it for the first time.

If I (and my family) ever get a house of our own, I'll try to copy that setup. Maybe then I can be just a little efficient, too...
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 01:14:10 PM »
Teutonic Efficiency means not being able to conceive of the idea of a messy desk.

Offline ChukTuttle

• Librarian
  • Physicist/Astronomer
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 01:21:40 PM »
I find that it isn't mentally healthy to make such comparisons.  Otherwise, we would all play with pre-painted by the Prof.  Wait a minute!  That's not a bad idea!  I'll take 2 Pirate crews, a host of Gladiators, a 3500 point GW Goblin army, and the whole range of Superfigs.  And the free-shipping is much appreciated.  I'll have them by next Tuesday, then?  Great!
Look Daddy, I painted one of your robots!!!

Offline poulppy

• Scientist
    • Flags
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »
lol  :lol:
hopefully, you never seen my workbench. It illustrates well the french "bordel"  :mrgreen:
* Miniatures diary at aleaminiatures.blogspot.fr/
* Flags banners blog at  https://flagspennonsandbanners.blogspot.com/
* My Other blog on Helmets : attenti

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 02:47:44 PM »
Quote from: "poulppy"
lol  :lol:
hopefully, you never seen my workbench. It illustrates well the french "bordel"  :mrgreen:

Oh my God! I fell of my chair reading this! I did not know self depreciation was in the French humor arsenal.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 02:48:38 PM »
Quote from: "poulppy"

Considering the meaning that word has gotten everywhere else, I'm suddenly very interested in seeing your workbench. Lot's of "Gentlemen's Collectibles" minis, then? :wink:  :love:

Seeing the Prof's workbench actually makes me feel a bit better about myself. Makes it overwhelmingly obvious that I'm nowhere near the same league, which takes some of the pressure off.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 08:31:14 PM »
Is it my imagination or is the British bench edged with beer-bottle tops ?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline ChukTuttle

• Librarian
  • Physicist/Astronomer
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 09:13:40 PM »
Maybe they were being used as replacement lids for the older Citadel paints in the picture?  Or remnants of experiments in flow improver?

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 07:43:54 PM »
Those guys are both way to concerned about order for my tastes :D Honestly though, I am envious of the prof's workspace! I may have to trash my computers and rebuild my desk :)

n.

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 07:47:28 AM »
Neldoreth - Now thats how a proper workbench should look. None of this Teutonic efficiency thing going on, lots of organised chaos instead :lol:
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline artshiraz

• Scientist
    • http://miniatures.mehlinger.net/
Workbench vs. Workbench
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 06:12:19 PM »
A question for the Prog:

Doesn't that lamp in the middle of the workdesk (the right one from those two illuminating), well doesn't that lamp disturb or bother you ??

I know it would highly irritate me, being right in the middle of the desk. I have two lamps being at the very edges of my desk (left and right) illuminating. Now if I would use a third lamp (and I am carefully thinking about that right now) I think I would fasten it  opposite from me so the shaft wouldn't impede my movements.
Or am I totally wrong here?
50°17\\\'60N  8°16\\\'0E

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
My workbench
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »
Hey all...

After seeing pics of the Prof's workdesk and being inspired, I decided to rework my painting area...  I built some shelves for all my paints and took my old computers and recycled them. Now, my desk is almost done and is much more spiffy looking and tidy:

Yes, that is all the paint I have.... believe it or not ;) So, until I get some more, the whole right side of the desk is dedicated to my WIP figs! And yeah, that is all of my WIP figs (but not my unpainted/unopened figs). I will post pics of the whole desk when it is together!

n.

Offline iago

• Assistant
    • http://www.javaop.com
My new workbench... WIP
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 09:00:18 PM »
Me, I pushed my computer back, put down a piece of foamboard, and put everything else where it fit :). Originally, I used my kitchen table, but I think that making my guests eat on the couch since the table was full of paints was a little improper, so I moved it all to my computer desk recently:

The paint and all my tools fit nicely into a drawer, too:

Note that I haven't really had time to get it messy yet. I'm working on it! It's totally makeshift, but in a small apartment it's nice to have a desk used for two things. :)