Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My workbench  (Read 357781 times)

Offline dominic

• Mastermind
    • http://www.napnuts.com
my workbench
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »
Ouch!  Do you also have a scar on your forehead? :lol:

Offline MuleSkinner

• Librarian
my workbench
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 02:41:51 PM »
It's still bigger than my grannies bedroom, or Thunderbird 6 as i tell her it's called  :lol:
Minor skin grafts can be performed on pigs by covering any cuts and grazes with thin strips of bacon.

Offline Jules

• Librarian
my workbench
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 05:34:58 PM »
I store the stool under the counter and I have my laptop on the top shelf.  Models live in various places but some arre in the chest of draws under on the right. I have to work elsewhere when I work on anything big but it serves me well enough although I would prefer a better  seat.  Hardest is people wanting to get past the door which has to stay open but people ask nicely and warn me that they are coming...

I spray undercoat in the back garden and might move out to the shed for the summer.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
my workbench
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 07:52:59 PM »
OMG, I thought that looks ok, whats everyone going on about it being so tiny. I can even see the orange stool in the background. On double checking the orange stool turned out to be the top of a jar and then it dawned on me how small it was. LMAO.  :D  :lol:  :D
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Trencher

• Scientist
my workbench
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2008, 09:14:40 AM »
At least your office looks like a warm and cosy place...

My workbench is situated in my garage. It is perfectly o.k. in summer, but in winter it will freeze your butt right to the chair. It looks a bit messy as I'm trying to catch some mice. Everytime I try to detail (reads: lock in) our tom cat for this mission, I have to search for more annoying things than mice afterwards... :o  :x   :lol:
TANK POLO? God, how our gardener hated that game!

Offline BigMecha

• Scientist
Re: My new workbench... WIP
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 03:50:46 AM »
very very nice!
::::: Ancients::::::::
:::::: World War I :::::::
::::::: World War II ::::::::
:::::::: Science Fiction :::::::
:::::::::::    Fantasy   :::::::::::::::

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Painting/Sculpting Workbench
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 12:11:21 PM »
If you were lucky enough to grow up with parents or grandparents who lived through the Great Depression, you start to pick up on some of their habits regrading waste. My grandmother was a pack rat and I became a pack rat. Anything that could be reused... was.

So, for the longest time, my painting and sculpting table used shelving from an old desk that I had thrown out years ago. This is what it looked like:

I've been in a cleaning and organizing mood lately and seeing the desk just reminded me that I needed to do something with it. I went out and bought some cheap would (1" x 12" x 6') and in about 2 hours one night after work, I whipped this together.

I still need one more shelf to add to the center and I want to get some more plastic drawers for things, but at least for now, it looks nice and organized. We'll see what happens after the next project gets started.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Painting/Sculpting Workbench
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 12:19:56 PM »
Aha! A look into the secret lair of Operator 5! The new version looks like a great improvement.

That's similar to my set-up. I have a substantial old desk with sets of 3 large drawers down each side, a long central drawer above the seating space and a nice big surface area, which I got free from a local business that was closing down.

My marvellous wife also bought me some Ikea drawer units to put my paints in.

Why spend money on such stuff, when it is all needed for figures and rules etc  :)

Offline Sendak

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 02:27:56 PM »
Scrounge and re-use. That's the ticket!

Construction nicely done too.

"Primative life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth." Stephen Hawking

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »
It looks great. If you added a plywood or pegboard backing it would add a lot of strength and give you the option to hang tools and stuff up.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »
I think I may be a bit strange. o_o
I like to look at other peoples working areas to see what they are up to.
Operator No 5 seem to have a few nice looking WIP's around his desk.
I like the paint pot stand, where did you get it?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2008, 02:56:44 PM »
 lol

Rich - I can't see the difference... You seem to have all the same components - just in slightly different places! (Or am I missing something?)
But it does look tidier, I'll give you that.  ;)
(A sight tidier than my painting window sill, that's for sure!)

I think I may be a bit strange. o_o

We're all a bit strange, or we wouldn't be here!  :)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2008, 02:59:13 PM »
Operator No 5 seem to have a few nice looking WIP's around his desk.
There are a few things going on there but you can't see anything well enough to know what they are.  :D

I like the paint pot stand, where did you get it?
I use craft paints for all my painting, this is a wire spinner that the craft store sells and I picked up with a 40% off coupon.

And Yes Captain Blood, all the stuff is still there. I still can't throw anything out.  lol

The size of the shelving and the added shelving just organizes things better. I'll do another shot once the drawers are added.

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »
I also love to see other people's workbench!  Operator 5 I laughed when I noticed that you have a clock on your workbench... I do too! :-*  I had to do that or I lose track of time and don't get the chores all done! lol

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2008, 07:09:21 AM »
Here's what I have to put up with.  Horrible, isn't it! :D  I've also got a clock (the curve-topped thing beside the glue bottle, far left, first pic).  In my case, it's because I can't wear a watch, literally.  They always die on me but are fine if I keep them in my pocket!  :? This is my workroom, the neat part.  Trust me, you don't want to see the messy part! There are storage cupboards full of models and minis under all the bookcases, as well.  It's tea in the cup, of course! The plaque hanging on the cupboard door (more models!) is the family crest - Azure, a lion rampant, or.

Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!