Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:31:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690822
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 739
Total: 744

Recent

Author Topic: Arianrod  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
Arianrod
« on: June 17, 2010, 08:47:05 PM »
This is an old I-kore Celtos figure.  Not completely satisfied with what I've done. But I think she's finished.  And yet, these look so horrible when I post them. 

This is my boomstick!

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Re: Arianrod
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 08:57:53 PM »
I dunno - quite like the eyes, nice fleshtones and the metallics look good - perhaps the highlights on the head dress could be more graduated but I'm sure she looks great on the tabletop!

Good work!  :D

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 08:35:20 AM »
i really like it.

The only remark i can do is about the photo: you have a really nice painting style, but with very definite highlights: you should make quite smaller photos, with more light! :)

because i'm shure that in real life the mini looks wonderful, but seeing it on a so big photo i have just to imagine it! :)

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 09:18:42 AM »
She looks fine to me. The face is particularly well done. And usually that's the most important thing.
I do agree that with rather drastic highlights a smaller picture would work a little better, but nevertheless this is a high quality painting.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 09:22:30 AM »
 I think she look's great.When miniatures are photographed like this they tend to look bad.Every thing is blown up.I bet she looks amazing in person.
 I was just looking throgh my Celtos miniatures yesterday.Must get mine sorted.Looking forward to the game being brought out again.

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »
I was just looking throgh my Celtos miniatures yesterday.Must get mine sorted.Looking forward to the game being brought out again.

Do Tell.  I was unaware that it was to be reproduced.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »
 Brigade Models are in the proses of re-doing the game.They also have some new miniatures.Here is a link to the forum topic.Checkout the other posts too while you are there.

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=845

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 02:02:09 PM »
You did a nice job on her.

The picture has her magnified far larger than she really is, which can make figures look less effective than they are - in particular it tends to make highlighting that works perfectly on the actual figure seem overdone in the extreme closeup photo.