Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:16:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Scout Car  (Read 2695 times)

Offline Tacgnol

• Mad Scientist
Scout Car
« on: June 23, 2010, 06:42:33 AM »
I bought a broken toy scout car from the market ages ago and finally fixed it, stuck some bits on it and got paint on it this weekend.

It's a work-in-progress, I'm going to tart it up next weekend- bit of weathering, sort out the bedroll, maybe unit markings if I feel I've got it in me. Thought it best to get up a WIP so I get a little bit of motivation to finish it.  8)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Scout Car
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 01:38:57 PM »
Cool.  8) That will look pretty nice once finished. Is the hull just a shell? Also; what system/game/setting is it for?

More importantly though; where does the driver go? ;)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Tacgnol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 04:57:29 PM »
The driver will have to cut his way through the unmoveable plastic hatch on the roof of the turret  ;)

As to the hull being just a shell, nope. It just looks  that way, there is a bottom half, it's just not visible on these pictures. When I've made progress I'll post pics from a better angle, with a miniature for scale.

For the game system question, the sci-fi wargame I'm most likely to play at any given time at the minute is 40K, so I assume it'll get a run out in one of my next 40K games. I did have a think about statting it for Skulldred but that's just a bit silly.

I've got a couple of unbuilt/unpainted GW Leman Russ tanks from years ago lying about and I'm thinking of using the same paint scheme on them. I've had an idea to build a sci-fi armoured cavalry force that could fit into the 40K setting but also be generic enough to exist outside it, if you get me.

Offline Tacgnol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 02:52:02 PM »
Arise, thread of old.

I finally finished this after almost two years of it sitting in a box. I'm quite happy with the results overall.

The skull and crossbones graffito was a last-minute decision late at night and it didn't really pay off, but at least it breaks up the white on the turret.

And finally, an action shot for scale and an excuse to use an obnoxious, hipster retro camera app.